Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think one of Geelong's biggest barriers is going to be how the bye affects them in the first final. Overcome that, and a grand final appearance is looking good. It's the Corona cup, so they might not be flat like they usually are.

Given we’re still outside the top 4 in premiership betting, I’m still thinking we’ll not make the GF let alone win a flag.

Richmond are a great side but they must be counting their lucky stars drawing Brisbane two years in a row in week one.
Not really. When we got the lions last year, Brisbane had just beaten Geelong two weeks earlier in Brisbane. They were a pretty hot side at home. The alternative last year would have been Geelong at the G and we had to play them in that finals series anyway.

if we get them this year, their form is pretty good and I would say they are a bigger test in QLD than anyone bar Maybe Geelong.
they will be red hot in that first final.

Not really. When we got the lions last year, Brisbane had just beaten Geelong two weeks earlier in Brisbane. They were a pretty hot side at home. The alternative last year would have been Geelong at the G and we had to play them in that finals series anyway.

if we get them this year, their form is pretty good and I would say they are a bigger test in QLD than anyone bar Maybe Geelong.
they will be red hot in that first final.
They're average AF. Richmond will beat them by 40.

Port or Richmond for mine.... Port will stroll to the granny with some home finals and Richmond will be over the moon playing their bunnies in the first final. Will be awkward to watch Charlie Cameron being dominated again by Richmond.
Grimes = "The Charlie Cameron killer". No doubt Mitch Robinson will be running his mouth with BS as usual along with his 1 or 2 disposals with zero effect.

However for this to happen, we need to beat the somehow form side of the comp in the croweaters and Port still need to be you guys.

Tbh, I think Pies will knock over Port next week and we will play them at AMMI and Lions will host the cats.

Last edited:
They're top two. Of course they're "going OK". But I don't think they'll be good enough when it counts.
You stated that we must be counting our lucky stars. I’m saying no because they are as big a test as anyone bar Geelong, who I think are the favourite when at full strength.

I think we may get Port first up anyway.

I think the Lions will win a final. Anyway time will tell if you’ve underestimated them

Last edited:
Back