Opinion Who wins the Premiership? (Updated poll - Updated for Prelims))

Who wins the 2020 Flag - Prelim finals onward

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.3%
  • Brisbane Lions

Votes: 57 16.3%
  • Richmond Tigers

Votes: 154 44.1%
  • Geelong Cats

Votes: 102 29.2%

• Total voters
Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
I think Richmond will win the flag, they have been the best side for 4 years now and have won 2 flags. They are still the best team across the board and their willing to work for 4 quarters almost every game is testament to their success.
They are not unbeatable but they are my pick to win it.

Goomba1973

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New York Mets
I'm actually finding it somewhat offensive that the reaction to losing to Richmond in a GF seems to be to implode the next year. Is it really that bad?
IT does undeservedly take a bit of the gloss off the win when the following year the team you soundly beat nearly completely capitulated . If the gloss is taken off I can see how your a bit offended by it

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
I think Richmond will win the flag, they have been the best side for 4 years now and have won 2 flags. They are still the best team across the board and their willing to work for 4 quarters almost every game is testament to their success.
They are not unbeatable but they are my pick to win it.

I hope your right, my concern is we don't make use of our forward half entry dominance enough to hurt a team in the finals and then our opponents get a few cheap ones against the flow and grab momentum of the match.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
I hope your right, my concern is we don't make use of our forward half entry dominance enough to hurt a team in the finals and then our opponents get a few cheap ones against the flow and grab momentum of the match.

As your team works so hard to get back in numbers in defence I think you can score enough. I actually think we may be the only side that can cause you issues but whether we can get that deep in finals is a real lottery.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m not sure about the premiership but I can easily see the pies getting to a prelim or maybe even the grand final. Howe is the missing piece for them but degooey makes a huge difference to their fwd line. I reckon they’ll roll port this week and then do a number on whoever they get first week even possibly the eagles in Perth although if they win this week they’ll avoid 5th. The $15 they are currently offering for the flag is a great bet.

I’m not sure about the premiership but I can easily see the pies getting to a prelim or maybe even the grand final. Howe is the missing piece for them but degooey makes a huge difference to their fwd line. I reckon they’ll roll port this week and then do a number on whoever they get first week even possibly the eagles in Perth although if they win this week they’ll avoid 5th. The $15 they are currently offering for the flag is a great bet.
I think you're right about the Pies, they are a good chance to beat Port and then finish 6th, likely giving them the Dogs in the first round.

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
I think we will get Port first week of finals which would be a tough assignment away from home and probably without Lynch. If we win that then we'll go all the way.

West Coast could trouble us but they have to get all their players right and seems not enough is going right for them at the important part of the year.

The GOAT

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Earth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think WC is being underrated. Best year to finish 5th ever, and may get a home final week one. Plenty of good mids to come back.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think WC is being underrated. Best year to finish 5th ever, and may get a home final week one. Plenty of good mids to come back.
I think they won't get past Richmond if they face in a final, nor Port. Up against us, Saints or Brisbane...probably win those.

ThanksRossy

Debutant
Dec 6, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Been $21-23s the last couple of weeks ;)

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Would have to be the Tigers for Port considering their dire record V Cats. For the Lions it's the exact opposite prefer Cats over Tigers

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
WC finishing 5th is the best thing to happen to them. They get to go home and be with their family for 3 weeks before hopefully going to play a final 6 back in QLD. For me its either Port, Richmond, or WC. Port imo will make the GF (beating Lions in a prelim) and its up to the rest to fight it out. I think it will be a Richmond WC prelim.

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
WC finishing 5th is the best thing to happen to them. They get to go home and be with their family for 3 weeks before hopefully going to play a final 6 back in QLD. For me its either Port, Richmond, or WC. Port imo will make the GF (beating Lions in a prelim) and its up to the rest to fight it out. I think it will be a Richmond WC prelim.
I reckon Port will lose to Collingwood this week and then we will have to play Port first week. Which would make things more interesting and could set up for Rich v WC prelim

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

I'm thinking the opposite, don't think the pies have been playing all that well of late and can see port rolling them. Yes, de goey played well as did Treloar but Howe and Sidebottom are the keys but not sure if they will be back over the finals series.

The pies playing Monday they will know where they are at, if the dogs and saints lose then they finish 6th. No point killing themselves against Port.
If the Saints lose and the dogs win or vice versa, the pies will finish 7th and play either the dogs/Melb or Saints.
If the dogs and saints both win then pies will head to Perth (on the proviso they lose to port) and I see them being knocked out in the EF

Back