Who wins?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Based on my best pre and post WSC squads of 12.

1. M.Hayden
2. M.Hussey
3. R.Ponting
4. S.Smith
5. G.Chappell
6. A.Border
7. A.Gilchrist
8. S.Warne
9. P.Cummins
10. D.Lillee
11. G.McGrath

12. S.Waugh

1. A.Morris
2. B.Ponsford
3. D.Bradman
4. N.Harvey
5. S.McCabe
6. K.Miller
7. W.Grout
8. A.Davidson
9. R.Lindwall
10. C.Grimmett
11. B.O'Reilly

12. R.Benaud

Tied test, Davidson to get the final wicket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the match only lasted 3 days ?
Yeah was a real bowl-off. Unfortunately the CC2014 engine has Australian pitches coded to be very friendly to pace bowling, so it's pretty difficult to have any big partnerships if you're auto-simming games, especially if a bowling attack doesn't have any weak links. I think you can change the conditions with the editor though, might have a look at that.

I'd love to see Lillee bowling to Bradman. Could imagine Lillee really giving it to him. I could imagine DK would get under his skin and get him out earlier than any other bowlers could. As a result I think that would decide it and the more modern era side win. Older team have the better batting line-up though and more versatile team.

I'd love to see Lillee bowling to Bradman. Could imagine Lillee really giving it to him. I could imagine DK would get under his skin and get him out earlier than any other bowlers could. As a result I think that would decide it and the more modern era side win. Older team have the better batting line-up though and more versatile team.

If there’s one australian bowler who could test him it would be Lillee - with due respect to McGrath, the sheer inability of most batsmen to marry patience with a knowledge of their off stump made him very effective whereas Lillee could probably work our batsmen no matter their discipline or technique.

but also worth remembering that Larwood, estimated by most studies to be in the 140s so still very quick, only reduced him to superstar status in body line - Bradman still averaged mid 50s, so he could handle a full on assault.

If there’s one australian bowler who could test him it would be Lillee - with due respect to McGrath, the sheer inability of most batsmen to marry patience with a knowledge of their off stump made him very effective whereas Lillee could probably work our batsmen no matter their discipline or technique.

but also worth remembering that Larwood, estimated by most studies to be in the 140s so still very quick, only reduced him to superstar status in body line - Bradman still averaged mid 50s, so he could handle a full on assault.
Bradman clearly could handle most things but I doubt he faced someone that was willing to go at him fully on technique and mental fortitude at the same time as Lillee could. Simple fact is Lillee loved the contest like no other bowler I seen and had the skill to back up any plan he thought could bring a specific batsmen undone. Did not work everytime, but more often than not, it would. Bradman clearly had the personality that Lillee would love to get under the skin of and I think he would have got to Bradman. I doubt Larwood had the same skill set as Lilllee. Lillee did not need to really on sheer pace to beat a batsmen, so whether he was bowling the hostile over 150 stuff of his youth (which was before I saw him) or the 140's he did when I saw him, he could do things most other bowlers could only dream to have a skillset of.

The Bradman v Lillee contest would decide this Test.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back