List Mgmt. Who Won/Lost the 2019 Trade period.

Which team won the 2019 trade period?

• Adelaide

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Carlton

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Essendon

Votes: 10 2.8%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 24 6.7%
  • Geelong

Votes: 30 8.4%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • GWS

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 29 8.1%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Richmond

Votes: 20 5.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 87 24.4%
  • Sydney

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • West Coast

Votes: 47 13.2%
  • Footscray

Votes: 69 19.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints dominated the trade period. I think Geelong did alright, got a treasure trove of picks from WC and Stevens way unders.

I would have given 4 out of 10 if no trade done at all as pick 8 is not too bad. However, split that in 3 picks with melbourne's 1st in 2020, there is every chance this could be a top 3 pick. Then later we swooped in to get bonar who is guaranteed to belong to the on-ball division. Another superstar in the making.

Can't complain about our trade period. We picked up players that are consistent best 22 players in their respective former teams.
Yep. Same as us, we got what we needed. It’s not always about getting a star but I’m happy with bringing in players that fill a need and are upgrades on our bottom six players who are consistently getting a game.

Absolutely wrapped with what the club managed to get done this trade period,

5 players nominated us and we found a way to close all 5 of the deals without giving up our future first.

Big loss in Stuv but at the end of the day, mental health is more important than football. I'm proud to see our club put that before business and made the trade easy for him - wish I could say the same for Geelong - pretty disgusting to be honest but at least we took the higher road and took their pathetic offer for the sake of Jack.

Before his last knee injury Patton wouldn’t jump at the ball and couldn’t mark anything overhead.

I assume you mean the first half of 2018? Before his last knee injury includes the period in 2017 where he was a very good contested mark (took more than 3 times as many contested marks as Cameron) and was your equal leading goal scorer. Certainly 2018 wasn't as good, but don't recall him suffering any injuries between his 2017 and 2018 performances that would have degraded him, so maybe just a form issue.

Vickery never had a year as good as Patton's 2017. Patton only needs 3 goals and 7 games to outdo Vickery's contribution to Hawthorn, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Absolutely wrapped with what the club managed to get done this trade period,

5 players nominated us and we found a way to close all 5 of the deals without giving up our future first.

Big loss in Stuv but at the end of the day, mental health is more important than football. I'm proud to see our club put that before business and made the trade easy for him - wish I could say the same for Geelong - pretty disgusting to be honest but at least we took the higher road and took their pathetic offer for the sake of Jack.
I thought their offer was fairly reasonable. So did a lot of the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Same as us, we got what we needed. It’s not always about getting a star but I’m happy with bringing in players that fill a need and are upgrades on our bottom six players who are consistently getting a game.
St Kilda did well to get the deals done for players that wanted to get there, unfortunately 3 of the 5 played in the 2's throughout the year for their respective clubs.

Glad we didn't overpay for martin, still not sold on him as a player anyway.

I'm happy essendon took a stand. Wish more clubs would do it to stop players wanting a trade when clubs come calling with big contracts (the only reason daniher wants to go and the Brad hill speciality)

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Carlton the biggest losers. Had two players want to come to play for them and SOS couldn't close the deal on either of them.
After they failed to land Shiel last year, surely Carlton fans would be thinking it is time to move SOS on.
We may get martin in a draft and papley wasn't our fault, Sydney wouldn't trade him without getting daniher.

Plus this year has no bearing on players movements in future years.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Eagles the winners for me - brought in Kelly at a hefty price, but gives them their best shot at a flag while their window is open.

St Kilda I'm unsure about - lots of activity, but no idea whether all these new recruits will gel. Very difficult to predict them next year.

Port the losers. They seem to have pushed Howard out by their own decision - not sure why as he's a pretty decent KPP. Ryder+Frampton going for peanuts is baffling when they were already short on talls.

I assume you mean the first half of 2018? Before his last knee injury includes the period in 2017 where he was a very good contested mark (took more than 3 times as many contested marks as Cameron) and was your equal leading goal scorer. Certainly 2018 wasn't as good, but don't recall him suffering any injuries between his 2017 and 2018 performances that would have degraded him, so maybe just a form issue.

Vickery never had a year as good as Patton's 2017. Patton only needs 3 goals and 7 games to outdo Vickery's contribution to Hawthorn, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Has VicJesus come good yet under the superior hawks culture?

Dodoro slayed bro

You will get much less than what was offered next year when he leaves as a free agent.

You haven't fixed your midfield issues, you still have far too few gun KP players, and your forward line is a bloke who wants to leave AND can only play 50% of the time

He should have taken the Daniher offer, and let the swans pay for his medical bills. And good luck keeping fantasia on your list, he has no commitment to anyone but himself

Carlton the biggest losers. Had two players want to come to play for them and SOS couldn't close the deal on either of them.
After they failed to land Shiel last year, surely Carlton fans would be thinking it is time to move SOS on.
hmmm, papley was done just relied on daniher to be traded, martin they wanted 9 and a future 2nd for martin and 15............. not happening, not one team in carltons position would do that, and we still have a chance to get martin

Back