List Mgmt. Who Won/Lost the 2019 Trade period.

Which team won the 2019 trade period?

• Adelaide

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Carlton

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Essendon

Votes: 10 2.8%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 24 6.7%
  • Geelong

Votes: 30 8.4%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • GWS

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 29 8.1%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Richmond

Votes: 20 5.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 87 24.4%
  • Sydney

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • West Coast

Votes: 47 13.2%
  • Footscray

Votes: 69 19.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong or honestly - Freo. Both improved their draft position in ordinary situations and added depth on the cheap. We did well, but it was an inevitability.

St Kilda has real shades of Port Adelaide in 2017 but arguably lost more. Looking forward to a similar dynasty.

St Kilda 2019:
- Hill
- Jones
- Howard
- Ryder
- Butler

Port Adelaide 2017:
- Rockliff
- Motlop
- Watts
- Lindsay Thomas

Please tell me your are trolling lol.

Watts isn’t an afl footballer.
Lindsay was about 35 years old.
Rockliff slow and washed up.
Motlop soft as butter.

Compare them to:
Hill one of the best wingman in the league.
Jones, only 24 years old.
Butler, only 23 years old. Premiership player.
Howard, rated by some as a future AA. Most port fans were ropable losing him.
Ryder. Old, but good mentor for Marshall and can rotate Ruck/FWD

If there was a loser for worst post in this thread, you take it out hands down.

Motlop soft as butter.

Compare them to:

Jones and butler are very average players. Ryder 32 at start of next season. Hill is great at times but not consistent and never finds much ball. Paid way way to much for him. Howard is uncertain. And you lost some decent players.

Motlop soft as butter.

Compare them to:

Your getting carried away a little I watched howard at SANFL level as I did Frampton they were on a par, sorry to say not that great and we got Frampton

As for butler to call him a premiership player is a joke Aaron Keating won a flag for Adelaide aswell didn't make him a decent player butler could not fit in their team and the final 4 spots in any team are average players at best and he couldn't make it

Jones looks a good pic up though

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

West coast clearly the out and out winners brought in a player that could realistically win them get a flag, but on the opposite side a team lost a player that could have helped them win a flag

There are your winners and losers in a nutshell

Marty is really hurting over dangerfield. Its like 4 years ago. Let it go.

Geelong got far more for kelly then you thought was fair. So we won that trade in your eyes. You just wont admit it. Cos you know. You pine for danger. Him leaving ruined your childhood.

How was the crows trading. Lost 6 players. Brought in no one. Your club is literally at civil war with each other. There will be a movie aboit the crows self implosion since 2017. I will bring popcorn.

They gave up a second round pick for a bloke who couldn't get a game in a team that finished 11th, played the last month in the SANFL, and who apparently no other club was chasing. I reckon they overpaid.
Jenkins was terrible he was getting beaten by weekend warriors in the SANFL most if the year he was drop back there 2 or 3 times before he spat the chewy and decided not to play

Marty is really hurting over dangerfield. Its like 4 years ago. Let it go.

Geelong got far more for kelly then you thought was fair. So we won that trade in your eyes. You just wont admit it. Cos you know. You pine for danger. Him leaving ruined your childhood.

How was the crows trading. Lost 6 players. Brought in no one. Your club is literally at civil war with each other. There will be a movie aboit the crows self implosion since 2017. I will bring popcorn.
Good on ya

Happy you are happy to have lost the one player that may have helped you win a flag

I suppose a fat boy steven and a flakey Jenkins will replace him

Or has wells gone to the African jungle and found the fountain of youth which oldmanitis Ablett Selwood Taylor Hawkins danger Henderson Rohan tuohy JJ steven have been drinking all pre season

Camt see how the other trades would more from make up for those horrendous ones.

People are only rating saints by the players they got with no considerstion with the players these lost nor the draft picks.

E65FA5CD-71E4-4238-8EAA-F73AC07569AF.jpeg

Bruce was the only considerable loss, but King needs to play so he’s expandable. Acres hasn’t done much in 6 years at the club. Steven May never play, did you watch the farewell video he did? The bloke is struggling hard.

Got 4 best 22 player into the club (Butler the only iffy one), gave away 1 DECENT pick in Pick 6 then a lot of junk picks.

You just have to laugh, posters were saying ‘no chance you Can get all these players in with little to trade’, and we did, now everyone saying ‘Well they’re not that great’ lol funny

it's about quality, not quantity.
We lose our 2nd best player and gain two old players who will be in and out of the starting line up over the remaining 2-3 years of their careers.

If we turn just one of the draft picks into a potential 200 game player then we may get a pass in years to come.
Turn two of them into long term players, it's a win.

Odds are, we end up losing out in this draft given how good Kelly is and the potential of our pick 37 turning into a player.
We have 4 picks ahead of 37. Dont pine for 37 and our 37 was exchanged for a pick that will probably be around 37 next year given it will come in due to academy picks. The trade was essentially josh jenkins and next years pick 37 for pick 37 this year.

Hawks went in looking for a key forward and a key defender and came out with a key forward and a key defender and all our picks.

Pittonet is a loss for us and gain for Carlton. Carlton will again have to rely on an ageing list (look at the top 5 in their B and F).

Freo have big shoes to fill but plenty of draft picks. So too Geelong.

Saints and West Coast paid up big but got their targets so will be happy.

Melbourne and Adelaide and Port and Sydney didnt do anything to suggest they will rise.

GWS offloaded salary cap but will again struggle with ruck and small forwards.

Richmond were in party mode so there is only some nude pics of dusty being traded.

View attachment 766458

Bruce was the only considerable loss, but King needs to play so he’s expandable. Acres hasn’t done much in 6 years at the club. Steven May never play, did you watch the farewell video he did? The bloke is struggling hard.

Got 4 best 22 player into the club (Butler the only iffy one), gave away 1 DECENT pick in Pick 6 then a lot of junk picks.

You just have to laugh, posters were saying ‘no chance you Can get all these players in with little to trade’, and we did, now everyone saying ‘Well they’re not that great’ lol funny
You lost a pick 6 and brought in no players remotely worth a pick 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones and butler are very average players. Ryder 32 at start of next season. Hill is great at times but not consistent and never finds much ball. Paid way way to much for him. Howard is uncertain. And you lost some decent players.
Jones and Butler very average yet Acres, Steven and Bruce (the only one out of the 3 I would call decent) are ‘DECENT’

Jones > Acres
Butler > Steven right now

Jones and Butler very average yet Acres, Steven and Bruce (the only one out of the 3 I would call decent) are ‘DECENT’

Jones > Acres
Butler > Steven right now
When you are talking up butler you are in trouble. Youve bought in a bunch of c grade players and one b plus player. Why? You arent a flag threat. It seems really stupid. Should of gone to the draft.

Hawks went in looking for a key forward and a key defender and came out with a key forward and a key defender and all our picks.

Pittonet is a loss for us and gain for Carlton. Carlton will again have to rely on an ageing list (look at the top 5 in their B and F).

Freo have big shoes to fill but plenty of draft picks. So too Geelong.

Saints and West Coast paid up big but got their targets so will be happy.

Melbourne and Adelaide and Port and Sydney didnt do anything to suggest they will rise.

GWS offloaded salary cap but will again struggle with ruck and small forwards.

Richmond were in party mode so there is only some nude pics of dusty being traded.
Fair call

As for Adelaide we won't rise the draft period for us was a clean out and draft picks will take a few years to come along Adelaide next draft period will be enormous it will have lost anything up to 3 million in cap room. But this year is undoubtedly a year if development so no doubt a bottom 4 finish

Then if some young GC players Come out of contract like Luko we will have enough $$ to throw the farm at them

When you are talking up butler you are in trouble. Youve bought in a bunch of c grade players and one b plus player. Why? You arent a flag threat. It seems really stupid. Should of gone to the draft.

Did you miss the part where most of our recruits are under 25 years old?

Geelong aren’t a flag threat either champ but bring in 30+ Rejects, good stuff

Well you did take jerka but I do Thank you for that

We took him for nothing. Jerka better than rohan. Geelong is actually still competing for a flag.

Out of our prelim side: tim kelly and 4 hacks,

In: hawkins, duncan, clark, cocky, steven with jenkins as backup if hawkins hits someone again in the semi.

it's about quality, not quantity.
We lose our 2nd best player and gain two old players who will be in and out of the starting line up over the remaining 2-3 years of their careers.

If we turn just one of the draft picks into a potential 200 game player then we may get a pass in years to come.
Turn two of them into long term players, it's a win.

Odds are, we end up losing out in this draft given how good Kelly is and the potential of our pick 37 turning into a player.

On paper Geelong made the very most out of a bad situation. I guess it's really up in the air at this point given we don't know who they will draft, but if the selections are good ones then you can say it was a great turn around.

The biggest concern for mine (if I was a Geelong fan) is that if Geelong are looking to win now then Kelly is obviously going to give you a lot more than the two first round selections will over the next few years.

Last edited:
I think Freo won, made the most of an elite talent leaving, gotten two decent players in Aish and Acres, and have three future second rounders to use in live trading this coming draft in case they need to. With us trading ourselves out of this years draft, Freo will have the pick of the WA talent and will get what they want using the picks they received.

Geelong like above made the most of a quality player, they'd have hoped to have traded up using the picks they received however there is still the live pick period for them to do so.

Hawks up there to, like every year they get quality for cheap. Frost will be a great get however I'm not entirely sold on Patton, multiple knee recos however if it works out it would be one of the all time steals.
this is freo we are talking about here....

Freo are expected to get decent WA kids with their 1st and 2nd rounders yet they choose country Victorians instead

Back