Who won the Judd/Kennedy trade?

Who won the Judd/Kennedy trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah and Chris Marsten is a 200 game premiership player too ....made the comment that this was a shocking trade for carlton.

Kennedy still has two years left....his injuries arent soft tissue ....he broken his friggin leg...

Fear the beard big fella

Northampton....town of 1000 people had produced Kennedy Cripps And Daniel chick. ..

Good water in that town...

Kennedy has kicked 550 goals

Good point about Kennedy playing on - his injuries aren't the type that should stop him anytime soon. Happy for the great bloke.

I can concede Carlton lost the trade, but I don't regret letting Kennedy go. Who's to say he would of played any better for us?

Judd was somebody great to watch when everything around him was crumbling. Carlton would've been in no better position with or without him. They couldn't draft for s*** around that time.

I think this trade was a win/win.
Objectively speaking, both clubs won from this.

It's just that one club got more out of it than the other.

But like with Judd, had Carlton kept Kennedy, they still didn't have a competent recruitment team to build a successful premiership side. So we were destined to fail with or without Kennedy.

Happy for Kennedy though, his talent didn't go to waste at the Eagles!

Considering at least one is a die hard eagle supporter currently over the moon with what he's just seen I wouldn't bet on that!

Well let's wait and see in 10 years time. Neither side can be sure, and what happens from here onward remains to be seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet people always forget poor Dennis Armfield ;)

I feel that West Coast did win the trade, though - eight years of Judd was good (though in the last three he was a shadow of his former self), but tall forwards are just absolute gold in this sport. 550 goals later (and with Masten thrown in for good measure), it seems clear to me that I'd take 11 years of Masten and Kennedy over the eight years from Judd.

I honestly cant even see how its close , Carlton are bottom of the ladder and have collected their 2nd spoon since the trade and Judd has been gone for a few years. Eagles have just won a flag and masten & kennedy are still playing

What did carlton actually achieve from this trade apart from filling judds pockets, If asked to do this trade again cant think of 1 carlton supporter that would (being honest) do this trade again.
Kennedy (top 5 pick)
Masten #3
#20 - was wasted

But 2 top 5 picks are way too high

Back