Who won the Judd/Kennedy trade?

Who won the Judd/Kennedy trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea that means alot, like how Rance was named Full Back shows how meaningful it is :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Yea players voted medal, Taylor Walker's really the best captain in the league :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

Yea B & F in a hopeless club that bascially finished last every season he was there :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

So what, in the form he was in at West Coast he should of won 5 brownlows.
Averaging 23 touches and 1 goal a game as a mid in the best team. Um yeah no.

A huge error by the Blues in retrospect, i would say Judd set them back years as it also clouded off field judgement by dumping Ratten! Kennedy has 200 games, 550 plus goals and a premiership medallion...You can't really blame the Blues for going after him, everyone wanted him, they already had Fevola up forward and it was supposed to be the perfect match. Fevola was gone at the end of 2009 and Ratten gets the boot at the end of 2012. Kennedy is still playing with a top team in 2018! The Blues also gave up picks 3 and 20 in a hot draft that included Dangerfield, Rioli, Rance, Ward, Masten and Harry Taylor who were all picked between 3 and 20 that year. Carlton's next pick was 36. (Jack Steven went to the Saints with pick 42...Ouch!)

A huge error by the Blues in retrospect, i would say Judd set them back years as it also clouded off field judgement by dumping Ratten! Kennedy has 200 games, 550 plus goals and a premiership medallion...You can't really blame the Blues for going after him, everyone wanted him, they already had Fevola up forward and it was supposed to be the perfect match. Fevola was gone at the end of 2009 and Ratten gets the boot at the end of 2012. Kennedy is still playing with a top team in 2018! The Blues also gave up picks 3 and 20 in a hot draft that included Dangerfield, Rioli, Rance, Ward, Masten and Harry Taylor who were all picked between 3 and 20 that year. Carlton's next pick was 36. (Jack Steven went to the Saints with pick 42...Ouch!)
In fairness it was an ordinary draft as far as who got picked top ten

20/20 hindsighting safetyfield doesnt count

Judd barely averaged over twenty touches a game before 2007 and west coast was a team in which the mids used to pad stats with one two handballs and he still didnt find the ball that often. He only trully elevated his game in 2007 when he really started to dominate games like an ablett or fyfe or martin have been known to. But then he got injured before the end of the season.

You have absolutely NFI about football.

For one, Judd averaged 22, 22, 26, 23 touches per game from 2004-2007. He was second, third, first in total disposals for us during 04-06 and then 5th on average missing 5 games in 2007 and spending a lot of time forward after injuring his groin. He managed to find the ball OK.

He won the Brownlow in his third season polling 30 votes, made the AA side in 2004 and 2006, won the Norm Smith in 2005, won the B&F in 2004 and 2006 and was a premiership captain.

Judd barely averaged over twenty touches a game before 2007 and west coast was a team in which the mids used to pad stats with one two handballs and he still didnt find the ball that often. He only trully elevated his game in 2007 when he really started to dominate games like an ablett or fyfe or martin have been known to. But then he got injured before the end of the season.
I think you need to go back and watch Judd of 2004/5/6 vintage a bit more. Yes he may not have got as many possessions as he did in 2009 to 2011 Carlton days, but he was more of a burst/high impact player then.

I rate Judd of the 2005/6 seasons as the more dangerous footballer overall, which is not to undersell the champion he was at Carlton, but his pace at Carlton wasn't quite the same and in my view made him marginally less dangerous in those years compared to the West Coast model.

Your dreaming judd played 5 or 6 years and most people remember him for his games as an eagle being better than his games as a blue
Kernahan
Silvagni x 2
Nicholls
Williams
Johnson
Buckley
Doull

The list can go on and on and i have so many carlton supporter friends that consider these players as the fabric of the club and true champions of their club. Just was a payed and is still payed employee of the club that really looking back now didnt change much at carlton

you forgot Bradley, Jezza, Kouta, Southby, Ashman, KHunter,

In fairness it was an ordinary draft as far as who got picked top ten

20/20 hindsighting safetyfield doesnt count
The Blues wanted an instant fix, they were suffering footy traumatism after a century of never bottoming out and they really had no idea how to re-build a team, they never had too. For decades players flocked to Carlton and it was easy pickings for them. From 2002 -2007 they picked up three spoons and it could've been worse...They are still bottom of the heap, they finished 15th out of 16 in 2007. 14th and 16th placed teams Melbourne and Richmond played in preliminary finals this year. 13th placed Western Bulldogs were premiers in 2016. The Blues are still cellar dwellers with 18 first round draft picks on their list!

That is a fundamental misunderstanding of Judd, the Eagles and football at the time.

I dont think there has ever been a wronger post in the history of wrong posts on bf.

That is a fundamental misunderstanding of Judd, the Eagles and football at the time.
What cos it ruins your myth? Why are you guys even posting on here anyway? Shouldnt you guys be recovering from an all nighter?

Forget about judd. You guys just won a flag with kennedy. In hindsight kennedy was a fair trade for judd alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Win, win as previously said.

Carlton with Kennedy and without Judd probably wouldn't have been good enough because we just didn't draft quality midfielders.

Carlton with Judd wasn't good enough also but his legacy will continue to benefit the Blues.

Plus, Kennedy went to WCE and killed a Collingwood premiership. That's a win both WCE and Carlton fans can enjoy together.

What cos it ruins your myth? Why are you guys even posting on here anyway? Shouldnt you guys be recovering from an all nighter?

Forget about judd. You guys just won a flag with kennedy. In hindsight kennedy was a fair trade for judd alone.
For starters disposal numbers where a lot lower back in the mid 2000’s Kerr Judd and cuz averaged about mid to low 20’s per game and are widely considered the best trio of mids to play the game. I’d trade anyone on our list for anyone of them at the respective peaks now. And secondly go watch some actual games of football Judd’s best from 04-07 is unlikely to be seen again

No, because you claimed Judd's stats were padded by little one-twos. Except that's something Judd never did and the Eagles rarely employed. You're either misremembering or didn't watch the Eagles much. Also, football has become much more possession focused in the past decade; 22 possessions from Judd is worth more than 30-plus today.

And I am recovering. Anything more strenuous than posting on Big Footy can wait.

Got any arguments to make to back that up? Or just the toddler approach of your wrong and im right just cos.

Stats arent disputable.
Well there is the brownlow.

And the norm smith - on the losing team no less 29 possies 11 clearances 17 contested

Theres the comeback kings game at the cattery. You may have wiped the hard drive with that game on it , further zapped it with electromagnets and smashed it with a hammer - understandably.

Theres the five goals against the reigning premiers brisbane - who we kept beating despite their blue chip midfield. Then the next time he played them - 39 possessions and 4 goals.

I could go on making you look insipid - but quite frankly - to anyone who knows a thing about footy knows youve already done that to yourself.

I think you need to go back and watch Judd of 2004/5/6 vintage a bit more. Yes he may not have got as many possessions as he did in 2009 to 2011 Carlton days, but he was more of a burst/high impact player then.

I rate Judd of the 2005/6 seasons as the more dangerous footballer overall, which is not to undersell the champion he was at Carlton, but his pace at Carlton wasn't quite the same and in my view made him marginally less dangerous in those years compared to the West Coast model.
He was a burst player. He had the best burst from a pack i have ever seen. Almost hands down with paul kelly a distant second. Its the sole reason why people fantacize about his west coast days. But he also had an attrocious kick, almost as bad as dangerfields, offered absolutely nothing as a marking player or resting up forward unlike all the gun mids since and padded his stats with handball chains like ablett but still only racked up low to mid twenty touch games while padding. He did increase his quantity from 2007 onwards.

His first half of 2007 is the only time we saw the combination of amazing burst with his supreme inside work and gut running ability. So technically WCE fans are correct. He did peak in that 12 week period of 2007 before he got injured. But i would take his carlton best 3 years over the 2004-06 period.

Win, win as previously said.

Carlton with Kennedy and without Judd probably wouldn't have been good enough because we just didn't draft quality midfielders.

Carlton with Judd wasn't good enough also but his legacy will continue to benefit the Blues.

Plus, Kennedy went to WCE and killed a Collingwood premiership. That's a win both WCE and Carlton fans can enjoy together.
You would of had another 3-4 gun draft picks to go along with kennedy if you didnt trade in Judd. Lets not ignore those. They combined almost certainly would of been better then kennedy.

You would of had another 3-4 gun draft picks to go along with kennedy if you didnt trade in Judd. Lets not ignore those. They combined almost certainly would of been better then kennedy.
you really underestimate the atrocity of Catltons recruiting department in that era.

Recruitment from 2007-2014 was so bad, I don't think anyone could ever do as bad even if they tried.

7 years of drafting and the only player that came good was Cripps.

His first half of 2007 is the only time we saw the combination of amazing burst with his supreme inside work and gut running ability. So technically WCE fans are correct. He did peak in that 12 week period of 2007 before he got injured. But i would take his carlton best 3 years over the 2004-06 period.
Seeds losing credibility with every post.

Unbelievable!

He was a burst player. He had the best burst from a pack i have ever seen. Almost hands down with paul kelly a distant second. Its the sole reason why people fantacize about his west coast days. But he also had an attrocious kick, almost as bad as dangerfields, offered absolutely nothing as a marking player or resting up forward unlike all the gun mids since and padded his stats with handball chains like ablett but still only racked up low to mid twenty touch games while padding. He did increase his quantity from 2007 onwards.

These handball chains to pad his stats are a figment of your imagination.

Back