Who won the rookie draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm biased but I think the Lions did well in both drafts

Anderson rated Oscar McInerney as a top 30 pick

Happy with Jake Barrett even if he just adds depth to our midfield but I think he'll get games

Hingle; don't know much about so he's going to be a wait and see prospect

You mean Hinge ?

I think he is the pick of your rookies hard tough at it half back flanker with a left foot like a mule

100% agree think you blokes are on the right path again.

I rated Leppa but maybe with the value of hindsight he might be an awesome assistant ... but just is not ready for the top job. When it comes to recruiting the coach is a very, very important component.

Fagan looks to have set the wheels in motion to start a proper build.

100% agree think you blokes are on the right path again.

I rated Leppa but maybe with the value of hindsight he might be an awesome assistant ... but just is not ready for the top job. When it comes to recruiting the coach is a very, very important component.

Fagan looks to have set the wheels in motion to start a proper build.
I think we have finally got our System right with Fagan and Noble and we finally have development coaches which is something Leppitsch didn't have unfortunately really looking forward to next season and haven't been able to say that for a long time

I think we have finally got our System right with Fagan and Noble and we finally have development coaches which is something Leppitsch didn't have unfortunately really looking forward to next season and haven't been able to say that for a long time

IMHO it's going to take time ... You are getting good people at your club. CF knows the formula. Best of luck.

Matt Hinge

He comes from a footy mad family at Mundulla which is near Bordertown. He's had more relatives playing for the Mundulla Tigers than most of us have had hot dinners.

I reckon Port and Brisbane have nailed two drafts in a week.

Really like Brisbane's work this off season, that draft with GWS got the ball rolling - they effectively gave up Taranto for McCluggage and Berry and I doubt many thought Witherden would get through to them aswell. They could have bombed the rookie draft and still made out like bandits this year but they nailed that too.

Yeah, what was with that? You guys drafted/traded a lot of talls between last year and this year, I would think they would all be given first shot.

Our key defenders are Rowe, Marchbank, Weitering, Macreadie with 3rd tall types Plowman and White. Last year we had Jamison on the list even though he hardly played. Silvagni seems to be that mature backup to give the young guys time if they need it.

Of course being second cousin of our list manager can't hurt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our key defenders are Rowe, Marchbank, Weitering, Macreadie with 3rd tall types Plowman and White. Last year we had Jamison on the list even though he hardly played. Silvagni seems to be that mature backup to give the young guys time if they need it.

Of course being second cousin of our list manager can't hurt.
maybe more of a football romance pick?

Anderson rated Oscar McInerney as a top 30 pick

Happy with Jake Barrett even if he just adds depth to our midfield but I think he'll get games

I agree. Brisbane are the biggest winners across both drafts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back