Who Would Be The Best Replacement For Gilchrist!

Remove this Banner Ad

put two and two together and i got 4, but i think the answer was 5 don't u walshy, my apologies to your uncle though, i did not realise that he was not responsible for your stupid comments, and YES SECCOMBE WAS THERE ON THE CAMP. News flash walshy i am also well aware that haddin is ratedly highly by the australian selectors and what i also know is that is firmly based on his batting ability, but i feel with in myself that seccombe is the best keeper in australia and i would think he should be the next chosen keeper if there was an injury, though in saying that, i think the selectors might go for haddin on his potential rather then performances ala higgs.

OK let's clear up some facts!!

When Gilly is away from WA, Walsh plays in the Pura games, Campbell keeps in the Merc Mutual.

To seriously think Campbell could be a good test keeper if an injury to the great and marvellous Adam Gilchrist occurs is silly based on Campbo's current form.

Berry's keeping skills are good but to be an all-rounder is necessary in this day and age so I doubt he'd get the nod. I don't doubt his skill though, he's done well.

Haddin is not a great keeper, good but not great. Might be an option for the limited overs games.

Manou is good but not a standout.

I think Seccombe is the man for the tests. His keeping skills are excellent and he bats better than Berry. A better all-round choice I suspect.

Oh yeah, to all of those who think that Gilchrist isn't a great keeper, get a grip. His catching skills are superb, I can only remember a couple of dropped catches. Yes he let a few byes thru but overall, he's kept brilliantly to the quicks and well to the spinners. He's no Healy or Marsh but he's right up there. His record for dismissals in NZ last year (one-dayers) was amazing. 7 dismissals in an innings wasn't it???

------------------
Respect. Keep the peace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back