Who would want a Krakouer back in Arden St?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 6, 2006
Hong Kong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We know that the next two drafts have been compromised and that will have a flow on effect for a couple of years with clubs being compensated. We also know that we are in need of some speedy outside finishers.

Would anyone here be interested in adding Andrew Krakouer to our list?

It's impossible to ignore sentimentality of the idea but don't ignore his form this year either.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/100628/default.aspx

I'd love to see a Krakouer in north colours with a premiership medallion or two.

Would love to have him in the team....but he is going out West or to the GC apparantly. GC are desperate for players so they will snag him for sure.

Always wondered why we didn't draft him first time around.......was a waste at Richmond, had so much talent i reckon. I would love to see him at North.
If the rumours that he'll only go to a WA club are correct, then i retract everything I've just said, he is kidn!

Yes I would take a Krakouer. I'd have A. Krakouer in the blink of an eye. Give him a shot. If he's still good enough, and recent form seemed to indicate this, it would be a big story next year. Imagine him slotting in and putting together 15 - 20 games.

Always wondered why we didn't draft him first time around.......was a waste at Richmond, had so much talent i reckon. I would love to see him at North.
If the rumours that he'll only go to a WA club are correct, then i retract everything I've just said, he is kidn!

At the time we didn't believe that he was worth a 2nd Round pick which is what FS's went for at the time (and given that we drafted Petrie, I think we were right) and were told that he hadn't spoken to any other club. We had 5 picks in the top 30 so were apparently going to use our 6th pick - No 42 on him. Unfortunately Richmond swooped with pick 41, so we used 42 on Daniel Pratt...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a Krakouer ever came to North Melbourne I would hate to see the pressure that would be heaped on them. They would be expected to be just as good as the Krakouers of yesteryear, would be even worse playing at their old club as the comparisons would be made constantly.

Edit: Just mentioned on Friday Night Football that he's most likely heading back West, but the GC Sun is always looming in the background.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back