Who would you bring back from retirement?

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Based on current team game plan (rather than jamming a square peg into a round hole) I'd go for a peak Liam Picken or Clay Smith. Both familiar with our side, high pressure mid/forwards who have each played some of their best footy in finals

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Begs the question how Lockett would go in the modern game between his lack of versatility and his poor discipline. He would barely got on the park with the number of times he belted blokes
At st kilda he got suspended a lot but the second part of his career at Sydney he didn’t miss many games he may have only been a one position player but when he played defenders where allowed to chop your arms and get away with a lot more then they are now he was also unbelievable set shot for goal imagine if he played the first half of his career at marvel he wouldn’t of missed!

turtles

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Peter Matera.

But always wished Beau Waters was able to get more games out of his body.
His intercept marking would fit in perfectly with how eagles defence currently plays and gives them some ruthless physicality their defence somewhat lacks.

Tap Tap Tapperoo

Club Legend
Dec 15, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Robbie Flower on a wing, Big Neita up forward, or more left field I reckon we could do with an Aaron Davey playing half forward with his quality delivery.

From another side, I would love Darren Jarman or Jason Akermanis.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
For nostalgia reasons only, Richo is my favourite ever Tigers player. Would leave us with too many KPFs but would love to see him in a decent team.

For team improvement purposes, a classy midfielder like Wayne Campbell or inside help from a pre reco Coughlan.

Brad Ottens another smokey, then there's also Rance to bring back and play full back.

Pedantic

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Norm Smith. Gun key forward, plus he comes with the added bonus that you could sack Goodwin and have him coach as well.

Back