Who would you drop?

Remove this Banner Ad

dees01

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2000
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
I see that Waugh and Lee have been named in the squad for the next test. If they were to come in, who would you drop? Their replacements had a very good game, in particular Miller. I would play Miller ahead of MacGill. I would also have to drop Martyn despite his good game last test.

I was about to post a thread baout the same thing shin i mean dees01.

I am taking a gamble on this one but I think i would choose McGill over Miller. And even though Martyn played a great game, i would have to drop him
frown.gif
So, MacGill + Martyn.

Unfortunately for Martyn he's going to miss out on the next test despite doing nothing wrong. The selectors see Langer as a long term solution to number 3 and will give him every opportunity.

Brett Lee is doubtful for the Melbourne test even though he's in the squad. They will probably go for three seamers though and Bichel may get a run as they have kept him in the squad. Macgill was not very impressive in Adelaide and Miller had a great return but Melbourne may suit Macgill better.

Good discussion! The last I heard of Brett Lee, he was out of the remaining test matches and would play half the one days games so he would be fit to take on India and England next year.

I think Miller will retain his spot in the test side, McGill didnt have the best game and the "shoving" incident which was beaten up by the media a bit didnt give do him any favours.

And Martyn, well he wont be able to retain a spot in the side unless one of the Waughs retires or one of the middle order Batsman are having a bad run form.

I feel very sorry for Damien Martyn. Just after the high of scoring 46 not out in the first innings and 41 not out in the 2nd innings including scoring the winning runs he will be dropped. But this test was always going to be a bittersweet experience for him. What he was trying to do in test his assure he willl be selected for the ashes tour and putting his hand up for a test position when one of the Waugh brothers retire. So i would drop Martyn and Mcgill(only if they decide to bring back Lee) But i heard that they might not play him for the rest of the series just to be on the safe side so he won't agrovate his back, so he will be fit and ready for the indians then the Ashes tour.

Marto will go for S.Waugh....regardless of his good form. Lee won't play until the one-dayers as someone else mentioned, so that narrows it down to Funky and Mcgiller.

I'd play Funky on form. Home ground and he's a duel bowler. Mcgill's a f*ckwit....never liked him, although he's a good bowler. Sooner Warnie gets back, the better.

Selectors will drop Funky for Mcgill though!

The tip is Brett Lee will be named in a team of 14. I reckon that means Martyn is out straight away. If Lee plays then Bichel will go and MacGill to be 12th. If Lee doesnt play then Bichel in and Macgill still 12th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back