Universal Love Who would you have, Roughy or Buddy?

Who would you rather?

• Buddy

Votes: 96 60.4%
  • Roughy

Votes: 63 39.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Which finals did Buddy miss altogether? I lose track

Flawed Genius. nothing wrong with that. Just not one of the greats he could have been
Without checking I think it was 2016. Missed with "mental health issues".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Roughy - what a bloke, what a footballer - what courage!. Glad he is our captain.

BUT

He is a key forward and there are lots of key forwards. There's only one Buddy Franklin though. He just does things that no other person can do on a football field. He'll kick a thousand goals - that is beyond elite, that's legend

What are you on about? We won two flags directly after he left.

There's no denying who is the better player and right now our side would be clearly better with Franklin in it. This is no disrespect to Roughie, it's just a fact. Why are people too precious to accept this?

As for the premiership years - who knows how much better we would have been if Franklin had remained in the side and Roughie left in his place? I think it's safe to assume we would still have won both of those flags, given the resounding nature of those wins.

There's no denying who is the better player and right now our side would be clearly better with Franklin in it. This is no disrespect to Roughie, it's just a fact. Why are people too precious to accept this?

As for the premiership years - who knows how much better we would have been if Franklin had remained in the side and Roughie left in his place? I think it's safe to assume we would still have won both of those flags, given the resounding nature of those wins.
The post you quoted was talking about 2013 not this week
I wouldn't be so sure on those two other flags either considering they had a big offer on the table to Bud whichbwoukd have stopped them from keeping everyone together after 2013 if he'd taken it.

The post you quoted was talking about 2013 not this week
I wouldn't be so sure on those two other flags either considering they had a big offer on the table to Bud whichbwoukd have stopped them from keeping everyone together after 2013 if he'd taken it.

I addressed both then and now.

With regards to the money situation though you are right - that would change a whole lot and would have had a large ripple effect that we would be feeling even now. With that in mind I'm glad things have worked out the way that did, but if we are talking in isolation right now then it's clear who would be better.

With regards to the money situation though you are right - that would change a whole lot and would have had a large ripple effect that we would be feeling even now. With that in mind I'm glad things have worked out the way that did, but if we are talking in isolation right now then it's clear who would be better.
I'd have Bud back if Sydney wanted to keep paying half his salary but I'd never turf Rough for him

If we're transplanting the way their careers have gone, Buddy would have missed all of the 2015 finals series as he did at the Swans and we would never have won 3 in a row.

Back