Opinion Who would you like to see as Captain?

who would you like to captain Carlton?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What gets me is having Waite in the leadership group....Why???/:confused:

So they can have someone from the grandstand to give advice?

Waite never plays football and yet he is in the leadership group. I would have thought it would have been better to have a player that plays more than 3 games a season to be in the leadership group.

Odd decision. Eddie Betts is more deserving than Waite.

I figure the players who play with them, and train with them pretty much every day, and voted for the leadership group, probably have a better idea than you

Picture needs more Bradley - last captain to lead us into a Grand Final and one of the club's all-time great victories over Essendon preserving our now-tied lead in premierships won.

Needs more of this man before it needs Bradley ...

show_image.php

What gets me is having Waite in the leadership group....Why???/:confused:

So they can have someone from the grandstand to give advice?

Waite never plays football and yet he is in the leadership group. I would have thought it would have been better to have a player that plays more than 3 games a season to be in the leadership group.

Odd decision. Eddie Betts is more deserving than Waite.
You may have a point if you said that Waite had struggled to stay fit and has only averaged half a season on the park over the past 5 years. The 'never plays football' and '3 games a season' makes it seem like a rant.

I think that Waite must be pretty good with the boys in and around the club as well, must have their respect, and as we know with all the off field stuff around football these days, the leadership group do more than just give an onfield rev up. If he can give advice and help a young guy keep his focus and not fall victim to the perils of minor celebritydom, then he's a worth inclusion.

One thing about Waitey, he doesn't cause us any off field problems. Seems a pretty relaxed and well grounded guy.

You may have a point if you said that Waite had struggled to stay fit and has only averaged half a season on the park over the past 5 years. The 'never plays football' and '3 games a season' makes it seem like a rant.

I think that Waite must be pretty good with the boys in and around the club as well, must have their respect, and as we know with all the off field stuff around football these days, the leadership group do more than just give an onfield rev up. If he can give advice and help a young guy keep his focus and not fall victim to the perils of minor celebritydom, then he's a worth inclusion.

One thing about Waitey, he doesn't cause us any off field problems. Seems a pretty relaxed and well grounded guy.

Fair point. I just have followed Carlton for many years and I was having an irrational rant. Saying that, I am cautious as I don't want a repeat of the situation with a player such as Whitnall- earned a lot of money but for a lot of his career Carlton didn't get value for money.

I don't care about individuals - I care about the fortune of the team. If Waite is earning 450k per year and we lose someone like Bell because we can't fit him in the salary cap then my irrational rants will become more pronounced.

Fair point. I just have followed Carlton for many years and I was having an irrational rant. Saying that, I am cautious as I don't want a repeat of the situation with a player such as Whitnall- earned a lot of money but for a lot of his career Carlton didn't get value for money.

I don't care about individuals - I care about the fortune of the team. If Waite is earning 450k per year and we lose someone like Bell because we can't fit him in the salary cap then my irrational rants will become more pronounced.
I'd reckon he gave the club more in his early years then he took back in the last couple. At 18, was expected to carry the Fwd line, which he did very well, and gave us a target before Fev hit his straps. Lance did OK in my book!

I am disappointed, we have just continued in the Juddy mold when we were crying out for a vocal leader, an area in which even Murph says he will have to improve. The argument about Murph being the right age is ridiculous. It does not seem like an MM type decision BUT maybe that is the reason ;)

Yeap, Murph is our new captain. Not too unhappy with that decision, although my choice would have been Frazier Dale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back