Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's highly likely that Bucks won't be the coach at the end of the season. I would like Sam Mitchell to replace him. Currently, Sam has a head of development role at Hawthorn where he is the senior coach at the Box Hill Hawks. Most of us know that Sam was an assistant coach at West Coast back in 2018, where he had a major influence on West Coasts' success during that year. With Graham Wright working with Sam at Hawthorn, I get the feeling that Sam will be a front runner to replace Bucks. I also wouldn't mind Clarkson but he is contracted to the Hawks until the end of 2022 so I'm not sure we can get him. Who do you think should replace Bucks?

Matt_352

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
1. Sam Mitchell
2. Alastair Clarkson
3. Adam Kingsley

They would be my top 3 in order. However I'd also interview others.

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
Sam Mitchell, Clarko, Adam Kingsley, Adam Yze and Steven King all off the top of my head. I feel like we not only need to replace Bucks, but clean out the assistants too. Dean Solomon would be a good grab as an assistant. Maybe Scott Burns would want to come back in an assistant role

Clarkson would be the number 1 target.

Failing that, I’d look toward Don Pyke or Mark Williams. Pyke lost his playing group after the pre-season camp fiasco, and he’d have learned his lesson from that. There’s no denying he had Adelaide extremely well drilled before that though, and he’s transformed Sydney’s attacking structure from one of the worst to the best in the league.

Thread needs a poll. Then when we’ve finished voting, the club can be notified of our collective decision. :)

But failing that Sam Mitchell, Blake Caracella or Don Pyke (but only if we can be sure he didn’t come up with the hair-brained Adelaide camp idea)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt_352

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mitchell for me.

Whoever it is they need to be given 4-5 years to create something. No good getting a new coach if

a) they are not given sufficient time
b) the supporters aren’t patient and expect immediate success
100% I'm fully accepting that it's gotten to the point we need to take our time and do a proper rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back