Coach Who Should Our Next Coach Be (Poll Updated)

Who Should Our Next Coach Be?

• Alistar Clarkson

Votes: 160 34.2%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Robert Harvey

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Adem Yze

Votes: 37 7.9%
  • Blake Caracella

Votes: 31 6.6%
  • Michael Voss

Votes: 54 11.5%
  • Brad Scott

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Justin Leppitsch

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Craig McRae

Votes: 110 23.5%
  • Dale Tapping

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Jaymie Graham

Votes: 4 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross Lyon? He went just as long as Bucks without a flag. Plus his defensive approach is redundant.
Bucks and Lyon have both gone within a kick of winning a GF while coaching. We wouldn'tbe having this conversation if they got their teams over the line. In Bucks defense, ever since he started the coaching gig we have suffered numerous injuries to key players.

In my opinion though he has to go. We need a refresh. I'm no fan of Harvey and Sanderson as well.

I'm not a big fan of getting Clarko.
We are all banging on about how bad we are but have a look at them.
They have one more win than us but their percentage is putrid.
Yes he has multiple flags but have a look at the list he had. I reckon I could have taken that team to a premiership.
Clarko hasn't really shown much since that list eventually retired, moved on etc.

Personally I would prefer a new coach. First time senior coach.
Think someone getting their first gig will have some fire in the belly.
Exactly.

I just dunno how the club is going to sell resigning Buckley I think that's what puzzles me the most in this situation. He doesn't warrant an extension nor has he deserved it.

It is a bottom 4 list mate. Look more closely. You think a team that has C Brown, Jack Madgen, Chris Mayne and Josh Thomas running thru the midfield is anything but? Plus the fact that we have not one KPF in the top 20 in the league... plus having two Irish kids as our back line hope... plus no genuine gun small forwards... plus Pendles, Sidey and Howe all on the decline and close to retirement. Yeah mate, we are flying...

we’ve got a list over-stocked with VFL and SANFL players, and that’s exactly how we play. Bottom four lists in the league are clear to me:

North
Fremantle
Adelaide
Collingwood (with a bullet)

Not the point, you say it's ALL about list, it isn't, point to me (and everyone else) the last premier that had THE best list in the comp for that year. Apart from maybe us in 2010 or the cats in 2011, even then that's up for debate.

How is that the premier of the last 3 of 4 years have been premiers - without - THE best list?

You know, I know and every dog and its leash knows that our list seriously lacks depth, granted. That does not mean that we should be as bad as we are, we are seriously underperforming - no escaping that mate.

Argue that in futility as you wish to.

Not the point, you say it's ALL about list, it isn't, point to me (and everyone else) the last premier that had THE best list in the comp for that year. Apart from maybe us in 2010 or the cats in 2011, even then that's up for debate.

How is that the premier of the last 3 of 4 years have been premiers - without - THE best list?

You know, I know and every dog and its leash knows that our list seriously lacks depth, granted. That does not mean that we should be as bad as we are, we are seriously underperforming - no escaping that mate.

Argue that in futility as you wish to.
Richmond had the strongest list last year, if not the top two. Check the all Australians and players impacting in finals. It’s why they can afford to keep losing premiership or high quality players. & I would’ve thought that bouncing back actually refers to making the top 4, or at least the top 8. So name a side that has made the top 4 without a good list.
Of course it takes more than that alone to win a flag... but you can’t “bounce back quickly” without good cattle. Or you think Clarkson over the past 3-4 years has suddenly become a s**t coach, and the club all of a sudden is a lot less professional?

And the strength of the list also dictates the quality of new coaches and players that you can attract. So make no mistake it is THE most important thing when trying to quickly contend again. and we do not have the core group of players to get close again, anytime soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are They are putting Ross Lyon out there just to make it seem more palatable to Magpie fans when they extend Buckley.

I have respect for Lyon and what he’s done but not sure he’s right for Collingwood

Ross Lyon - hell no

A very bad retrograde step in my opinion. I’d rather sign Buckley for 3 more years l

Lyons sides rarely scored more than 12 goals a game. And if it weren’t for being blessed with Riewoldt and then Pavlich... then they wouldn’t have scored more than 9-10 goals a game.

Yze, Giansiracusa, Kingsley, etc, etc There are so many candidates out there that are neither rookie coaches or dinosaurs like Lyon

We've gone the legend route of Malthouse, and then tried the unproven route of Buckley who really didn't need to do anything to win the job. I want the next coach to be someone who has done their time as an assistance coach and has earnt their shot.

I don't necessarily want Ross as coach, but he has taken two different clubs to a GF, so you know it was no fluke.
Yeah and Buckley is not too far off in terms of head to head record. If you’re going to change it needs to be a positive change.

I think it’s a bit harsh on Buckley to hold to account for the debacle that is our list and everything that surrounds it. Buckley has openly stated that his philosophy is not to micromanage...so his focus is getting the most out of the situation that he’s been given, I believe he has done that.

I think we have the right coach and we just need to improve the system around him. Wright is a step in the right direction! As was changing the training ground turf, and making cap space and bringing in some high calibre Talent through the draft.

We've gone the legend route of Malthouse, and then tried the unproven route of Buckley who really didn't need to do anything to win the job. I want the next coach to be someone who has done their time as an assistance coach and has earnt their shot.
I agree. Mitchell, Yze or Kingsley imo

Richmond had the strongest list last year, if not the top two

No they're not, it's their system that would make so called spuds like Thomas and Mayne good players. There is no known universe where they have THE best list in the competition
but you can’t “bounce back quickly” without good cattle.

How do you think our flock of spuds went from 13th to a kick from a flag in one year? With one change on the list spot I might add?

Look I'm not suggesting we will bounce back quickly, that ship has sailed, I'm just saying to suggest it's all about list, which you have, is not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back