Who Would You Prefer To Avoid In Our 1st Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we will play either Dees,Dogs or Crows week 1 in the home qf at the MCG.

So it seems like the final 8 will probably be -
Collingwood
Port
Brisbane
Melbourne
Geelong
Dogs
Essendon
Carlton

So we get our nemesis Melbourne again in a tough final with no home ground advantage
How does it all work from there ? If we beat Dees we host a prelim at G against loser of Port/Lions or winner of Cats / Blues?

And if we lose week 1 we would get a winnable week 2 against Dogs or Bombers and then a tough prelim at Gabba or Adelaide Oval ??

The Dees are not really our nemesis. They have beaten us once by 4 points in their last 6 or 7 attempts. We will be a far stronger and healthier team next time we meet if we do happen to play them. Just annoying to think there is no home ground advantage which Port or Brisbane will have.

The Dees are not really our nemesis. They have beaten us once by 4 points in their last 6 or 7 attempts. We will be a far stronger and healthier team next time we meet if we do happen to play them. Just annoying to think there is no home ground advantage which Port or Brisbane will have.
Could be worse - cats could come 4th

You never know - if Cats beat Lions this week we might get Lions at G week 1

Could be worse - cats could come 4th

You never know - if Cats beat Lions this week we might get Lions at G week 1
I'd love to smash those smug pricks. Scott announcing to the world that they are the danger. Get over yourself. He also believes we have a very flawed game plan which he thinks they can expose. Bring it on.

I'd love to smash those smug pricks. Scott announcing to the world that they are the danger. Get over yourself. He also believes we have a very flawed game plan which he thinks they can expose. Bring it on.
Adam Simpson thinks we play a dishonest brand of footy too

Not quite sure how we got to 15-2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny, last year Geelong was the only team I felt confident getting in week 1.

This year effectively don't want to get anyone, specifically Geelong, (and Adelaide tho that's probably close to impossible now) but effectively any side that are not in the 4 presently.

Top 4 has seemed pretty much set for weeks, so a good hitout against one of the other 3 is where I would sit in preference.

If we lose to Brisbane in a few weeks I want them week one. Knock them off week1 and it would get a little monkey off our back.

Geelong only for the reason that they'll have to run the table against arguably the hardest run home to sneak into 4th spot, so they'd be in red hot form coming in and play the 'G better than the other three contenders.

The question needs to be asked.

Would we be better served finishing 2nd with the high likelihood it would mean a game against an interstate side in week 1?

The flip side of course is if we finish 1st and win in week 1 then it's possible our home preliminary final could be against either Port or Brisbane.

Melbourne have a dream run home and should be able to defend fourth spot . Lions are three games ahead of fifth spot with six to play so would need the wheels to fall off to miss out on the double chance

Geelong will have to do it the hard way.

Geelong getting on a run would be more imposing than Melbourne. Fritsch would be rusty and we’d take a ton of improvement on our last meeting with De Goey back, Sidebottom back, healthy team, Nick in midfield, potentially McStay straightening us up.

Geelong tested us without Jack Henry and Kolo down back and that was highly disruptive for them and their back six, and Cameron/Hawkins/Rohan/Stengle can catch fire at any given time.

Geelong getting on a run would be more imposing than Melbourne. Fritsch would be rusty and we’d take a ton of improvement on our last meeting with De Goey back, Sidebottom back, healthy team, Nick in midfield, potentially McStay straightening us up.

Geelong tested us without Jack Henry and Kolo down back and that was highly disruptive for them and their back six, and Cameron/Hawkins/Rohan/Stengle can catch fire at any given time.

Yep, that’s why we don’t want to see them make top four. They will be dangerous enough coming from fifth. But even then they’d probably have to travel interstate at least once.

I still have R1 Geelong as the best game of the season. The pressure from both sides was immense. Geelong also couldn’t miss shots on goal for the first 3 quarters.

With their Kardinia park matches condensed into the back half of the year Geelong were always going to finish the year strongly. Not sure if they’ve quite managed to bank enough wins early to finish top 4, but that doesn’t make them any less dangerous with some momentum behind them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back