Who would you say right now has the best list in the league& why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Blueboy75

All Australian
Oct 21, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Who in your minds has the best list in the league & why?.Please state your thoughts& opinion why this is the case to you,I thought this might also be a fun & interesting discussion to have I look forward to hearing all your thoughts on this Thanks a lot;)

Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Gws. Why? Because theyve had a ridiculous amount of first round picks.

It's not just that but their coach and entire board need to be given a tick at this stage. They have been prepared to work with other teams and let go of considerable young talent in order to secure experience. Since day one, they have been open to the media and just in general, they are upto speed in most facets of the modern game. Even leave a few Melburnian clubs in their wake in that regard.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
GWS. Although the list has still not quite matured.
Best list since Brisbane Lions of early 2000's.

Dogs and Swans next best lists, then Cats.

Be interesting to watch GWS list in next couple of years. It will mature very quickly to be cherry ripe for flags.
The concessions they were given , basically gives them the closest chance to reaching the lists heights of Carlton and Essendon had in their 1980's back to back flag times. I not seen better lists than those in my time. That were super sides to watch in action.
Draft and salary caps no longer allow clubs to get near those however Brisbane Lions when Fitzroy better players absorbed into them was an a divergence from normal draft and salary cap era and so has been the GWS Giants start up concessions.
In a way I hope their list development reaches the heights it should as it would be good to see another football team have some of the talent in the one team that the Carlton sides had in early 1980's and Essendon sides in mid 1980's. Love seeing elite teams going around and lifting standard of football teams that can be seen. Quite enjoyed the Lions team that won three flags on end for that very reason.

stevie26

Club Legend
Mar 3, 2016
SE Asia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney women's team
Best list? Ask me on the last Saturday of September.

Seriously, in terms of the immediate few seasons to come:

GWS, Dogs, Swans, Adelaide and Saints. Suns with a full list to choose from would be hard to beat.

Essendon have been mostly competitive this year and have given senior games to a lot of young players. They may be okay for 2017 onwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 9, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
SF 49ers/Giants, Claremont FC
Giants - obvious. They have about 10000 top-5 picks in their squad, and the ones who aren't are guns like Shiel, Ward, Shaw, Mumford, and Zac Williams.
Dogs - lot of very nice young talent in this team. Bontempelli is a superstar and isn't alone - guys like Stringer, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Libba, Wood, Johannisen, and Hunter are also very valuable.
Hawks - obviously a different type of value in this list, they've won the last 3 flags for a reason.
Dons - been very competitive (won 2 games and been close in a fair few more) despite missing half-a-dozen of our best 10 players (Dys, Hurley, Hooker, Hibberd, Stants, and Jobe vs Merrett, Goddard, Zacka, and Daniher), plus have a ton of both very good youngsters (Parish, Fantasia, Laverde, Langford, Francis, and 2016 picks #1 and #19) and depth players with most of a season of AFL footy under their belts.

Ray Donovan

Staring into the abyss
Oct 11, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Giants - obvious. They have about 10000 top-5 picks in their squad, and the ones who aren't are guns like Shiel, Ward, Shaw, Mumford, and Zac Williams.
Dogs - lot of very nice young talent in this team. Bontempelli is a superstar and isn't alone - guys like Stringer, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Libba, Wood, Johannisen, and Hunter are also very valuable.
Hawks - obviously a different type of value in this list, they've won the last 3 flags for a reason.
Dons - been very competitive (won 2 games and been close in a fair few more) despite missing half-a-dozen of our best 10 players (Dys, Hurley, Hooker, Hibberd, Stants, and Jobe vs Merrett, Goddard, Zacka, and Daniher), plus have a ton of both very good youngsters (Parish, Fantasia, Laverde, Langford, Francis, and 2016 picks #1 and #19) and depth players with most of a season of AFL footy under their belts.

You found a way to talk about the worst list from 2016 in a best list post well done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back