Who would you take? Dusty or Juddy?

225 games in, who would you take in your team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Let the salt flow.

:)

calling out your misguided opinion isn’t salt.

GWS have lots of high picks, yes. But that doesn’t make them better than teams from 10-15-20 years ago.

The competition is weaker now. Talent pool diluted, rule changes rendering positions and tactics redundant.

the past 4-5 premiers and grand finalists wouldn’t get near early 2000’s Brisbane, Essendon 2000 or even Geelong and St Kilda circa 2009. I’d be pretty confident in Bulldogs 2008-10 against any current top four team now too. The likes of Wayne Carey would make your Jack Riewoldt types look like your Ben Dixon’s.

And I’m saying this as a supporter of a team that capitalised in this weak era. Because I’m not terribly one eyed

calling out your misguided opinion isn’t salt.

GWS have lots of high picks, yes. But that doesn’t make them better than teams from 10-15-20 years ago.

The competition is weaker now. Talent pool diluted, rule changes rendering positions and tactics redundant.

the past 4-5 premiers and grand finalists wouldn’t get near early 2000’s Brisbane, Essendon 2000 or even Geelong and St Kilda circa 2009. I’d be pretty confident in Bulldogs 2008-10 against any current top four team now.

And I’m saying this as a supporter of a team that capitalised in this weak era. Because I’m not terribly one eyed

If it sounds like salt and looks like salt..

Prestia. Grimes. Astbury. Lambert. Etc. Would match up very very well v a 90s side.

Deep down we both know it's true.

Your later comments are unhinged.

Btw the doggies flag was a fluke and a while ago now

I think it is on topic; the doggies doint a Bradbury doesn't add to the weak era argument IMO

An unusual series of circumstances
What has anything Bulldogs related got to do with a Poll thread on Dusty and Judd???

I genuinely like Dusty, but I think this forum overates him, IMO his on the same level as Fyfe and Danger. Which is still exceptional, Judd was the clear standout #1 for a few years, around that 04-06 period. Then he killed it at Carlton in 10-11 and won a 2nd Brownlow. Dusty was the standout player in 17' and IMO Danger was neck and neck in 17', Dusty finished on 36 votes, while Danger finished on 33 votes and played a game less. Dusty had a huge year and was a jet in the finals, making the year massive: but his H&A season was only marginally better than Dangers that year.

But for me, Ablett is the clear 1 and Judd the clear 2. Then you can toss a blanket over a bunch of players from 00' including Cousins, Goodes, Black, Pendlebury, Dusty, Danger & Fyfe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd was too freakishly breakthakingly quick from 2002-2007.
Ablett
Judd
Dangerfield Martin Fyfe Voss
Buckley Ricciuto Cousins Harvey Black Selwood Pendlebury etc etc

WTF Lets redo this poll at the end of Dustys Career. Maybe at that stage, (its unlikely) Richmond wont be the dominant force it is now in which incites the hate and jealousy from ALL salty oppo's. Tall poppy syndrome has really kicked in. Its very clear and obvious Dusty at his peak now is a far more valuable player than chicken winger Judd, mainly due to his ability to dominate the forward line as well as the midfield depending on his mood.

What a great Midfield Judd, Cousins, Kerr was. Judd was the main event but I always enjoyed watching Cousins and Kerr more.
I remember that young midfield giving the great Lions teams some problems when the lions were in their prime.

As a pure mid I could go Judd but Dusty has an ability to go forward that few mids can match along with big game performance second to none.
Abletts career better than both.

Dusty still has a few years left though so who knows how it ends up.

What a great Midfield Judd, Cousins, Kerr was. Judd was the main event but I always enjoyed watching Cousins and Kerr more.
I remember that young midfield giving the great Lions teams some problems when the lions were in their prime.

As a pure mid I could go Judd but Dusty has an ability to go forward that few mids can match along with big game performance second to none.
Abletts career better than both.

Dusty still has a few years left though so who knows how it ends up.
Yeh Dusty gets closer and closer to being a forward every year. I think certainly in his 30s so probably 2022 onwards, he'll be pretty much classed as a half forward if not sooner, and eventually will probably spend 80% of his time inside 50 and be a pure forward, I'm looking forward to that period of his game and seeing the evolution there.

Judd at WCE. Never seen a player make the opposition and commentary team befuddled so often at what just happened at contested situations.

Also helped having the likes of Chick, Selwood, Stenglein and Rowan Jones putting on excellent blocks. The defensive set ups under Woosha were incredibly underated.

Last edited:
Judd for mine, his best 2-3 seasons are head and shoulders above anything I've ever seen anyone do on a footy field. However, Dusty seemingly finds another gear come finals time. I do agree with those suggesting that Dusty's next 50 odd will easily surpass Juddy's next 50 odd, but it's a moot point. Judd was plagued with injury by the time he played his 120th game.

I do think that if Dusty can have another "great" season (20+ brownlow votes) that he will certainly be in the discussion. Three Norm Smiths confirm Dusty as the best finals player we've ever seen though.

Three Norm Smiths confirm Dusty as the best finals player we've ever seen though.

Debatable.
Like if you watched Carey in his prime years and compare those finals to Martin's recent performances, Carey basically averaged just as many possessions but was a marking beast on top of all that prodigious talent.

Carey 1994-1998: 20 disposals, 8 marks, 3 goals vs. Martin 2017-Present: 22 disposals, 2½ marks, 2 goals.

Back