Strategy Who would you take with pick 1?

Who would you select with pick 1?

• Total voters
I think Riley Thilthorpe will be first. McDonald played senior footy and kicked goals but so did Thilthorpe, only injuries which is a problem stopped his output. Thilthorpe didn't play the last few months and I'm wondering did Adelaide say to him and Westies, don't play him, we're taking him?

On RMX1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

that doesn’t make sense. It’s not like we needed him slide to us. We have first choice, surely we would to see as much of him as possible.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Adelaide should bid on Ugle-Hagan to make them accountable.

Then trade 1 + 22 for 5 + GC 2021 1st, or 1 + 22 for 2 + 11 (telling North they would select Mcdonald at 1, pretty obvious that people are desperate for Mcdonald as clearly the #2 KPF behind Ugle-Hagan)

Reckon Thilthorpe is worthy of being in contention for pick 1, but quite likely that he will also be available at 5. Adelaide proably doesn't want to overlook a rare case of a top case KPF draft pick who is also a local talent with no flight risk

Ah12

Club Legend
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ugle Hagan but obviously hes nga so probably Hollands. This is purely if im the crows as i know Hollands is very safe to stay growing up a crows man. No flight risk? Very tight decision between Mcdonald/hollands.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Then trade 1 + 22 for 5 + GC 2021 1st, or 1 + 22 for 2 + 11 (telling North they would select Mcdonald at 1, pretty obvious that people are desperate for Mcdonald as clearly the #2 KPF behind Ugle-Hagan)

Reckon Thilthorpe is worthy of being in contention for pick 1, but quite likely that he will also be available at 5. Adelaide proably doesn't want to overlook a rare case of a top case KPF draft pick who is also a local talent with no flight risk

We aren't desperate for McDonald.

I'd be far happier with McDonald/Hollands + 11 than the same result and 22.

Footywizard

All Australian
Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
McDonald. Anyone who can dominate against grown men at age 18 is going to be an even bigger monster once he's 25.

Going by his highlights package he didn't really dominate. Alot of his 20 odd goals were uncontested marks out the back, or chest marks from reading a mongrel kick better than the oppo. Thilthorpe seems to take plenty more pack and contested marks.
Mcdonalds stocks are way more inflated because of the situation of covid. Hes no king brother

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Going by his highlights package he didn't really dominate. Alot of his 20 odd goals were uncontested marks out the back, or chest marks from reading a mongrel kick better than the oppo. Thilthorpe seems to take plenty more pack and contested marks.
Mcdonalds stocks are way more inflated because of the situation of covid. Hes no king brother
There's more to being a forward than taking contested marks. Mobility is a huge part of the job now.

MinistryOfMajak

All Australian
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Yeah, zero chance North make that trade. Word has it we're considering splitting pick 2 ourselves.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Will be super interesting if somehow McDonald falls to pick 3. Sydney are not desperate for a key forward, and key forwards do have higher failure rates than other positions. However, all the best key forwards go in the top 10 of the draft, so do we risk getting him over players like Phillips or DGB who are pretty close to sure things.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Will be super interesting if somehow McDonald falls to pick 3. Sydney are not desperate for a key forward, and key forwards do have higher failure rates than other positions. However, all the best key forwards go in the top 10 of the draft, so do we risk getting him over players like Phillips or DGB who are pretty close to sure things.
You take best available.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
My 2 bobs worth, I would be open to an offer from GC for pick 1 if they were prepared to put up pick 5 and their 2021 1st and maybe we give them back a later 2021 pick as I think Thilthorpe may slide to the GC pick and the crows would be happy to take him and it would help with extra picks next year. I only say this as talk is GC may be interested in trading up and it might be they are keen on McDonald as a key forward to pair with King or allow King to go back to Defense.
You open up GCS will definitely screw in . I am in calm minded in a collective way because all your suggestion don't work in actual draft day .just too many false alarm from you.

Yeah, zero chance North make that trade. Word has it we're considering splitting pick 2 ourselves.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
North rejected the GC offer of 5 and one of their current seconds for 2. We probably wanted their future first instead of the second rounder.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
For the Lions I would go with Will Phillips or Elijah Hollands.

I think the Crows will bid on Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and then take Logan McDonald.

Reckon Thilthorpe goes at #1 with all the factors surrounding the Crows right now.

Nah, they have to bid on Jamarra. If he's the best player in the draft pool (as things currently stand) why dance around it.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
2020 could be the year of the hyphen, so with that in mind Adelaide if they keep pick 1 should nominate Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and then take the young West Australian key defender Denver Grainger-Barrass with Daniel Talia getting on. The usual GWS Giants exodus has left them in a position of having the picks to trade up and i had the scenario of Adelaide trading 1 & 56 (3,194) for Essendon's 7 & 8 (3,195) thus leaving Adelaide with 7, 8, 9, 22 and 23 perfect for a rebuilding side, but that ship has sailed as Adelaide swapped pick 56 with Freo. Some under exposed diamonds this year so for me the draft has intrigue built into it, it's going to be interesting.

2020 could be the year of the hyphen, so with that in mind Adelaide if they keep pick 1 should nominate Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and then take the young West Australian key defender Denver Grainger-Barrass with Daniel Talia getting on. The usual GWS Giants exodus has left them in a position of having the picks to trade up and i had the scenario of Adelaide trading 1 & 56 (3,194) for Essendon's 7 & 8 (3,195) thus leaving Adelaide with 7, 8, 9, 22 and 23 perfect for a rebuilding side, but that ship has sailed as Adelaide swapped pick 56 with Freo. Some under exposed diamonds this year so for me the draft has intrigue built into it, it's going to be interesting.

So you reckon Essendon will give up 2 top 10 picks for 1 and 56 ??? Wow.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So you reckon Essendon will give up 2 top 10 picks for 1 and 56 ??? Wow.
The plan hinged on Essendon managing to get Ugle-Hagan to ditch the NGA accreditation and then taking him at pick 1 and plus Dodo is a cold, vengeful man and after the whole Dunkley incident might have been seeking said revenge, maybe watched too many X-Files episodes. In reality Dodo got most of his trades through and retained three top tens so you could say he did win already plus he shifted the injury cursed Joe Daniher to Brisbane and their famous world renowned re-hab centre of excellence for pick 7.

The plan hinged on Essendon managing to get Ugle-Hagan to ditch the NGA accreditation and then taking him at pick 1 and plus Dodo is a cold, vengeful man and after the whole Dunkley incident might have been seeking said revenge, maybe watched too many X-Files episodes. In reality Dodo got most of his trades through and retained three top tens so you could say he did win already plus he shifted the injury cursed Joe Daniher to Brisbane and their famous world renowned re-hab centre of excellence for pick 7.

Bahaha "world renowned re-hab centre of excellence".. "cold, vengeful".. "seeking said revenge".. got the hint ! you carry on with your pick 1 + 90 for pick 7/8/9 :thumbsupv1:

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bahaha "world renowned re-hab centre of excellence".. "cold, vengeful".. "seeking said revenge".. got the hint ! you carry on with your pick 1 + 90 for pick 7/8/9 :thumbsupv1:
Adelaide already had pick 9 and Daniher and Cockatoo is very boom or bust, but they are both very talented. (Don't bother responding 56 not 90)

Adelaide already had pick 9 and Daniher and Cockatoo is very boom or bust, but they are both very talented. (Don't bother responding 56 not 90)

Yep, once you said the reason behind Dodoro giving up 7 and 8 for 1 + 56 was about revenge and getting back at Doggies, it all became crystal clear. All yours from here, carry on !

Back