• Marcus Adams

Votes: 22 34.4%

• Total voters

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dahl is like an ex who you loved madly at the time but they broke up via text and they now go out with an absolute campaigner, Stringer plays for Essendon and is a toxic human, and the less said about Marcus Adams the better. Adams' comments about the atmosphere at Brisbane being similar to how good it was here in 2016 grated me, you requested a trade at the end of that season you tosser you can't have thought it was that good! In answer to the question, Stringer because that'd mean Essendon winning the flag.

brmi

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Adams by a long way. The guy is a flog of the highest order. Jake and Dahl stuffed up but both genuinely loved the club, and Jake in particular didn’t want to leave. I wouldn’t be fussed either way if Roughy won another.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've always had a bit of a disliking to Dahlhaus. Reckon he's an arrogant druggie who thinks very highly of himself. Plus he didn't give a s**t in his last two years playing for us.

So I'll go with him.

Scroater

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2003
InLarry6'sbulldogphotos
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
In order
STRINGER - would absolutely hate to see Essendon win a flag, let alone him.
ADAMS - Wouldn't have minded Brisbane, just not him.
DAHL - Wouldn't mind him winning one, just not Geelong.

ROUGHY - Would like to see him win one playing in the position he should have been playing for us. Don't want to see Collingwood win flag, just want to see them win the prelim. The closer the game the better. I want those plastic pr*cks to hurt when they cry about how they could have won with the grub playing.

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
I don’t have anything against any of these former players or dislike them as such.

I don’t approve of Jake Stringer away from the footy field (school girls, rumours of how he was to players etc) but he is a premiership player at our club and even though he had an average 2016 finals series he still contributed and was important.

Ditto with Dahlhaus. Didn’t like how he exited, but was hugely important in 2016 (way more than Jake). The fact that he’s at another club - and one I dislike - does nothing to dilute my respect for him.

I love Roughie to pieces, premiership player, great bloke who was also extremely important in 2016. Fell out of favour for a few reasons towards the end but that happens. Has nothing but respect for me.

Adams? I like him, it’s disappointing his body didn’t hold up for us, but some athletes as we know are just majorly injury prone. He requested a trade for his own reasons, from all reports is an ok bloke and didn’t leave the club on bad terms. Good luck to him.

Put it this way:

I’d be delighted if Collingwood won the premiership and Roughie was a part of it, couldn’t be happier for him.

I’d also be happy for Adams if Brisbane won the premiership and he was part of it.

I wouldn’t be happy if Essendon won the premiership and Jake was a part of it, but only because it meant Essendon had won a premiership, nothing to do with Jake. As mentioned, I certainly don’t like what’s been reported about Jake outside the footy field.

I also wouldn’t be happy if Geelong won the flag and Dahlhaus was part of it, but only because of Geelong winning it, not Dahlhaus.

The bottom of my hate ladder ie least favourite teams for the record is:

16. Geelong
17. Essendon
18. GWS/Norf

I don’t have anything against any of these former players or dislike them as such.

I don’t approve of Jake Stringer away from the footy field (school girls, rumours of how he was to players etc) but he is a premiership player at our club and even though he had an average 2016 finals series he still contributed and was important.

Ditto with Dahlhaus. Didn’t like how he exited, but was hugely important in 2016 (way more than Jake). The fact that he’s at another club - and one I dislike - does nothing to dilute my respect for him.

I love Roughie to pieces, premiership player, great bloke who was also extremely important in 2016. Fell out of favour for a few reasons towards the end but that happens. Has nothing but respect for me.

Adams? I like him, it’s disappointing his body didn’t hold up for us, but some athletes as we know are just majorly injury prone. He requested a trade for his own reasons, from all reports is an ok bloke and didn’t leave the club on bad terms. Good luck to him.

Put it this way:

I’d be delighted if Collingwood won the premiership and Roughie was a part of it, couldn’t be happier for him.

I’d also be happy for Adams if Brisbane won the premiership and he was part of it.

I wouldn’t be happy if Essendon won the premiership and Jake was a part of it, but only because it meant Essendon had won a premiership, nothing to do with Jake. As mentioned, I certainly don’t like what’s been reported about Jake outside the footy field.

I also wouldn’t be happy if Geelong won the flag and Dahlhaus was part of it, but only because of Geelong winning it, not Dahlhaus.

The bottom of my hate ladder ie least favourite teams for the record is:

16. Geelong
17. Essendon
18. GWS/Norf
Good post and I agree with most of it. I just can't muster the amount of hate for Norf that you can. But then, who can?

Inb4 anyone else starts talking about this thread being embarrassing...

One of the things that has made our game great is the (mostly) benign tribalism of its VFL roots. We follow our own tribe and we have two or three special tribes that we hate. It adds an edge to the contests without ever expressing itself in hooliganism (on the scale of UK soccer). It's mostly good banter and chiacking.

Embrace it. Threads like this just celebrate that tribalism.

Back