Who'll break the drought ?

• Thread starter Pessimistic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

P

Pessimistic

Lets have an aside competition and see which club lets the side down by letting the Crows or Power win their first game.

I know my team, Hawthorn visit both in rounds 5 and 6 so I hope our boys keep up the good work !

The team to let them 'in' will be almost as scorned as the Bombers, who let Collingwood win a flag, or Geelong, who let The eagles in, or Saints/North, who let adelaide in.

But even geelong posted their first win at footy park, so perhaps the croweaters first win will be against each other !

Thanks shinboner ! it was a gutsy win. I think we dominated the game in that Brisbane had quite a few goals early from our stupid mistakes, but the guys made up for it with a great final quarter performance, with the worst clanger offenders stepping up the most in the final quarter.

Looking forward to Essendon on saturday but without Thommo, who was very good against them in the ansett cup I think we might fall short this time.

Dutchman, Young is in the Magoos because he is thinking that he is the afl's answer to stone cold steve austin! He is pissing me off as he really played some good footy for your lot over the last tow seasons and hasnt shown a damn thing for us yet. Maybe sheedy sent him to us undercover to sabotage from within, haha.
wish I really was laughing
tongue.gif

Give him time Grendel - he can really play - but he needs the momentum of a quick side around him which hopefully you guys will get back to being AFTER this weekend.

He took ages to develop at Essendon but when he's good he's very damaging.

Incidently, I see this week as a bit of a danger game. Its only R4 I know but having won the Ansett thing - this is generally when sides get a bit cocky and come a cropper big style.

Wait and see I s'pose.

Dutch

As we saw brisbane let the Power in - sort of points to brisbane not being that ggod and doing a melbourne down, up, down thing

They gave some excuse about travelling but they should have a look at the queen's schedule when she was out here - she's well over 70 and spent every other day travelling

So, For hawthorn, on with the crows. They seemto have got a mini 'wood' over us recently so It's time to put the Cows out in the paddock

Pess,

Remind your boys that they CAN win at Footy Park, but not to be satisfied with just one win out of two. Tell 'em they can now enjoy the return trip and really get stuck into the shell-shocked Cows. Just...tell 'em...

After how hard they worked to get over the line against the Power I cant see any reason why we cant make it two from two.
Thommo and Dutchy back and Cindy back in form, all gives me a positive vibe.

Go Hawks and lets keep them in the cellar.

I would like to see an Essendon or Carlton, have to play 4 matches in Brisbane or Perth in a row.wouldn't happen. They complain if they have 2 away matches in a row to Adelaide. Seriously folks, travel is an issue.
Melbourne teams have away matches at Optus.

Essendon or Carlton would complain if they had more than 4 interstate games each year

Good old Hawthorn etc take up the slack but we don't mind so much, as we have good followings in places like Perth. But we have had 5-6 games away for three years now. In contrast Carlton for example make so few appearances at football park that it's a rarity.

So long as we get the TV coverage (even full replays is OK, I can tape them)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Know that feeling only too well Pess.

Finishing off with two interstate isn't the ideal way to end a season either.

I find it interesting that supporters of non-Victorian teams always seem to point to the preferential treatment of all Victorian teams. Surely by now you have realised what teams the AFL draw is catered towards.

number of interstate trips, blockbuster games, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back