Autopsy WHOO HOO - BULLIES DEFEAT NORFIES

Remove this Banner Ad

Well there's a surprise. In a 7 point loss not one Norf player gets a vote. Even from Brad. I thought maybe Cunnington might have got a sneaky 1-vote.

Both coaches went 5-Bont, 4-Hunter, 1-JJ with them being split 3-2 and 2-3 on Macrae and Daniel. Rare agreement.
Probably read criticism of his Bont votes snub 2 years ago after Bont wasn't happy with Thomas coathangering Hunter.

Thought Trengove or Dunkley could've got a vote somewhere, but fair enough.

Well there's a surprise. In a 7 point loss not one Norf player gets a vote. Even from Brad. I thought maybe Cunnington might have got a sneaky 1-vote.

Both coaches went 5-Bont, 4-Hunter, 1-JJ with them being split 3-2 and 2-3 on Macrae and Daniel. Rare agreement.

Bwads petty spite for his own team outweighed his petty hate of Bont.

Such a flog. Would have loved to hear his post match address to the Norf players.

Guess we just have to settle for his 'just another day at the office' presser after he was outcoached and a virtually full strength team lost to a crippled team of kids and in doing so pissed away finals.

'Just another day at the office'

Lolnorf.

Bwads petty spite for his own team outweighed his petty hate of Bont.

Such a flog. Would have loved to hear his post match address to the Norf players.

Guess we just have to settle for his 'just another day at the office' presser after he was outcoached and a virtually full strength team lost to a crippled team of kids and in doing so pissed away finals.

'Just another day at the office'

Lolnorf.
Hereafter known as Jadato Scott.

Wins like yesterdays and the win against Geelong have kind of made this season bearable for me. If you take the youngest team in the league narrative after our shocking run with injury then 7-8 wins for the season is not that terrible.

Very true. Been some really poor halves mixed with some great quarters here and there along the way but the wins have really mattered.

Wins like yesterdays and the win against Geelong have kind of made this season bearable for me. If you take the youngest team in the league narrative after our shocking run with injury then 7-8 wins for the season is not that terrible.

Add in the close results v Lol Norf and Sydney earlier, plenty to be optimistic about

Don't worry perro I have done this myself once, there was a game against Melbourne on a Friday night a few years back and we looked certain to lose early in the last quarter and I was so pissed off I left but as I was getting to my car i was listening and had to do the 2nd fastest sprint at the MCG behind Usain Bolt to get back to see of all people Brian Lake kick the winner!
you and I should get a loyalty award for coming back at the best of times.

Yep - there was some bloke who just played his 250th for us as well who was running around for Werribee. Ditto our ex-captain recruited as a rookie from Frankston reserves. Or the bloke that was awarded our best player from the 2016 finals series, rookied from Williamstown.

How about the bloke with the girl’s name and a premiership medal who averages three goals a game in finals across two seasons, including 4 goals in a prelim that could easily have been five because he was practically celebrating the win after the final siren for his last shot.

Come to think of it he might not have even played that much VFL.

Probably read criticism of his Bont votes snub 2 years ago after Bont wasn't happy with Thomas coathangering Hunter.

Thought Trengove or Dunkley could've got a vote somewhere, but fair enough.
Thought my man Toby was a bit stiff, he was huge off the ball in the last qtr, worth a vote or two I reckon :)

How about the bloke with the girl’s name and a premiership medal who averages three goals a game in finals across two seasons, including 4 goals in a prelim that could easily have been five because he was practically celebrating the win after the final siren for his last shot.

Come to think of it he might not have even played that much VFL.
That guy - we stole him right from under Essendon's nose.
The look of disbelief on Dodoro's face was worth drafting him alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought my man Toby was a bit stiff, he was huge off the ball in the last qtr, worth a vote or two I reckon :)
Played a great second half (7K, 10HB) but was less prominent in the first half (3K, 6HB). He had been unusually quiet for a few weeks so it was good to see him run into some form.

Played a great second half (7K, 10HB) but was less prominent in the first half (3K, 6HB). He had been unusually quiet for a few weeks so it was good to see him run into some form.

He is also a bit of a culprit for bombing it in, even in the second half when everyone else seemed to have got the message. He's a bit of a loopy kick so maybe that's why he doesn't back himself with the shorter options. Very good young player though. If he sharpens his kicking up he will be a top tier mid.

I thought the job he did on Higgins in the second half was great, if anyone was going to get those campaigners across the line it was that down hill finger pointing love me do Higgins and Toby owned him...

I feel almost as bad as perro_loco, went with the old man and we left just after the final siren. I'd temporarily forgotten that it was Morris's 250th and didn't watch him get chaired off, and only remembered again just outside the ground :(

I feel almost as bad as perro_loco, went with the old man and we left just after the final siren. I'd temporarily forgotten that it was Morris's 250th and didn't watch him get chaired off, and only remembered again just outside the ground :(

You certainly missed a good part of the day. The supporters were going troppo. Great to see a champion chaired off.

One other thought, apart from a few errant passes with a few minutes to go (causing heart palpitations here in SG), we certainly handled the last few minutes better this time v North than earlier in the year.

Kids are learning from their mistakes, far more than some clubs...

You certainly missed a good part of the day. The supporters were going troppo. Great to see a champion chaired off.

Loved the final siren video the Bulldogs put up showing Moz celebrating, then teammates rushing to celebrate with him. Gowers has been around a bit longer due to VFL, but all the players are first year players for the club which shows how highly Moz would be thought of.

Crozier, Gowers, Naughton & Richards all got around him :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back