Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matter of opinion, I am having a great time and kicking myself Murdoch wasn't a choice in the best melts thread.
We probably need a separate media best melts thread Maggie. :)

but I genuinely believe that the right thing can happen. I believe that it’s just the same as 2019. There’s a whole bunch of people who, frankly, tell pollsters to bugger off, In fact did you know this?

Murray believes the Coalition can still win because polls are inaccurate.
Old mate Murray nailed it!!!

Whoops. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Press Council is toothless and I don't want an integrity commission I want a Royal Commission so the evil empire that Rotten Rupe presides over is exposed for all its lies, distortions, hate, and division.

"We may need an independent integrity commission for the media, over and above existing Press Council complaint processes."
John Hewson

At the 2019 election wasn't the ALP planning to put the LNP logo on the Murdoch media, would love to see this stuck on the front page of rhe herald sun... and online

Lost a federal election, getting divorced, this Dominion business, the great Theranos debacle & his idiot son Fredo is back in Australia trying to resurrect Alesia Holdings.

Quite a month.

Last edited:
That was a either a comedic piece or a parody. A potato doesn't change it's spots.

This gave me a chuckle:

I wonder if Tony Blair is involved this time.

Newscorp mockups, from crikey Tips and Murmurs: She can't get no satisfaction

FV69xenagAAKNCw

FV69xjEaMAAEM3U

FV69xqWaUAA_Dv1

The backstory was that The Australian’s then editor, Chris Mitchell, was incandescent with rage at my refusal to provide cabinet leaks in deference to his self-defined position at the centre of the political universe. He had expected we would brief out each week’s major cabinet submissions to The Australian, which the Howard government had done so Murdoch could set the week’s political agenda.
When we did not offer these briefings, Mitchell warned he would retaliate, and he did. It continued for years to come, with daily personal smears against me, our ministers, our internal processes and our policy programs. It became a systematic campaign of political delegitimisation.

The ******* entitlement

Is Albo the first PM that hasn't licked Rupert's ring?
In know Bob Hawke hated his guts. Murdoch, that is.
However he and Keating hated Fairfax and the HWT (Herald and Weekly Times) more because Fairfax/HWT had huge political and financial influence, largely from the "rivers of Gold" generated by print and classified advertising of the 70's through 90's.
Fairfax/HWT had a stranglehold on the print media in Australia and in their haste to reign in Fairfax/HWT they allowed Murdoch to increase his influence.

Even Hawke admitted it was a mistake.

That said only the Libs have ever knelt before Rupert and opened their mouths.

Labor and the moguls

Remove this Banner Ad

Back