Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to wrap up the " Harriet Wran " caper.

Saturday Tele ran a full page editorial justifying their reporting.

tumblr_mxkqquV7xk1rnjfjfo1_400.gif

*en GROW UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then Annette Sharp ( who has the lofty post of " HEAD OF THE GOSSIP PAGE " lol ) threw in a typically craven snipe at Harriet about her weight.

Weak

weak weak weak weak weak weak weak

The Loon Pond has their say - http://loonpond.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/in-which-thanks-to-devine-terrorists.html#.V6ABeqKjfIU

Last edited:
What has been described as a culture of sexual harrassment at Fox News has led to an alleged $26M settlement with Gretchen Carlson. Carlson is obviously fully aware of how the Murdoch media works so also negotiated this public apology from them to ensure she wasn't misrepresented post-settlement:
In its statement, 21st Century Fox, the parent company of Fox News, where Carlson was a former anchor and Ailes was its powerful chairman until recently, praised Carlson's skills and said it was "proud" she had been part of the organisation. "We sincerely regret and apologise for the fact that Gretchen was not treated with the respect and dignity that she and all of our colleagues deserve," the statement read
There's an attempt in the article to suggest Fox News may have wanted to give the apology to signal a culture change (rather than Carlson insisting on it from her position of power in the negotiation). That's laughable considering:
After Ailes stepped down as the chairman and CEO of Fox News in July, just two weeks after Carlson's lawsuit was filed, reports said he would receive more than $US40 million and remain an adviser to Rupert Murdoch.

Flicking through this morning i see the headline -

ASSANGE , TRIGGS ARE A DOUBLE DEBACLE FOR THE LEFT.

then i saw it was a TIM BLAIR article...........

CM-Punk-Laughing-to-Himself.gif
Just read the article, he is a nutter!
The article was all over the place, calling Julian Burnside an activist. LOL,
I love that word.

The article was all over the place, calling Julian Burnside an activist. LOL,
I love that word.

Lol indeed.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/victoria/2014/08/julian-burnside-with-richard-stubbs.html?site=melbourne&program=(none)

Australian barrister and human rights activist Julian Burnside joined Richard Stubbs for a complex discussion about Australia's responsibility when it comes to refugee boats.

Lol indeed.

http://blogs.abc.net.au/victoria/2014/08/julian-burnside-with-richard-stubbs.html?site=melbourne&program=(none)

Australian barrister and human rights activist Julian Burnside joined Richard Stubbs for a complex discussion about Australia's responsibility when it comes to refugee boats.
I knew that but he really doesn't fit the steorotype of 'activist' and especially the way the Tele thinks of them.

I knew that but he really doesn't fit the steorotype of 'activist' and especially the way the Tele thinks of them.

Well i guess you could argue that he is quite a bit smarter than your usual talking donkey "human rights" activist but i dont think the term itself isnt fitting, he calls himself an advocate which isnt far removed from activist IMO

Also i guess given he has defended Bondy and Rose Porteus (not to mention the knuckle draggers on the wharves) one assumes he had a Damascene conversion at one point

Well i guess you could argue that he is quite a bit smarter than your usual talking donkey "human rights" activist but i dont think the term itself isnt fitting, he calls himself an advocate which isnt far removed from activist IMO

Also i guess given he has defended Bondy and Rose Porteus (not to mention the knuckle draggers on the wharves) one assumes he had a Damascene conversion at one point
When you give examples of who he has defended, Julie Bishop comes to mind.
A real winner there..

Sigh......

Now i'm a Pisces and am the 1st to confess i'm in " NSWCROW-Land " 75% of the time but deary me , i wish i could get to the same joint the morons at the DAILY TELE inhabit.....

Front page today
" WE ALL NEED TO CALM DOWN "

This from the mob who've gone deadset CUJO over anything REMOTELY alp/grn since the day Kevin Rudd was elected.......let that sink in , 9 years of unhinged petulance.

But yeah calm down.

All muslims are terrorists , all greens are communsts , Gillards a lesbian

but yeah chill guys

spoilered for language

View attachment 311472 Only the Murdoch papers seem to have felt the background of the person who set fire to the Commonwealth Bank yesterday is relevant.
Arseholes.

The word " Firebombed " was used in the Oz.
I thought he'd doused himself ?

Happy to stand corrected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 311472 Only the Murdoch papers seem to have felt the background of the person who set fire to the Commonwealth Bank yesterday is relevant.
Arseholes.
background in important, but they went for the irrelevant background.
More important would be mental state and what got him to that state to do something like this, but i guess been a refugee covers all.

Interesting to see conservatives decrying the main stream media in America in one breath while defending the Dirty Digger with the next.

Fox have come out of the US election better than the rest of the media. Whilst they largely opposed Trump they weren't caught out actively colluding with Clinton as were CNN, MSNBC, New York Times etc

I assume you argued the same on the Anders Breivik thread?

You must love his rags. Does it get the blood pumping or something? :)
keeps me sharp lol.

Just whack the *en star of David across the header of every issue already and be done with it.

Having the capacity to own a media outlet should have attendant responsibilities. Allowing carte blanche as is the case at the moment allows people like Murdoch to publish lies, character assassinate, invade peoples privacy illegally, form dubious alliances with people in power et al.

We’ve already seen Murdoch’s lead columnist found guilty in a court of law for having written a piece that “…..contained errors of fact, distortions of the truth and inflammatory and provocative language”

We see week-after-week on Media Watch examples of despicable and biased journalism.

The Press Council is a toothless waste of time.

It’s time owning a media outlet came under the same scrutiny as the ABC and BBC. Maybe then people won’t regard journalists as the equivalent of used car salesmen, the large movement away from big media will slow, and people will regain some faith in the accuracy and reliability of what they read.
Great post, and considering the madness of the past six months, prophetic as well.

( sighs )

Seems the " LAZY JOURNO HEADLINE OF THE WEEK " chocolate Wheel at HEBREW HQ has landed on Bludgers this week.

Has to be the Greens next , they smashed Muslims all last week.
ROOP-BERG's even given up bagging Turnbull , such is his hate for the " teat-suckers "

Can't explain it...maybe it's an ethnicity thing ??.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Bludgers but......

15380310_1500394789974912_4741493892005371154_n.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back