Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Think I am more informed on that than you are aware, you just conviently omit other facts. Oh and I liked your choice of words in another thread, 'certain ethnic group'. Hypocrite! own it!
So much hate against them.
Again, look inward first before calling out others.

That's illogical, Maggie. If everyone had to look inward prior to criticising someone else, no one would ever be reprimanded because nobody is perfect. Antisemitism is just as wrong as Islamophobia, more so under 18c even.

Look at his last name you peanuts.

Beside that , i can't hate a jewish person ?
I respect the situation , i didn't call him " that ### #### " like you're trying to insinuate , so lets shelve the sabres shall we.

Points for tryin though gents.
Let me explain it to you, you can't hate a Jewish person but you can imply all Muslims are rapist or terrorists. Get it?
Or refugees when faced with a choice between being bombed, shot or seeing their family tortured and to take the risk on getting on a boat for a better life, they are, 'economic migrants', or 'illegals'.
Got it now?

Scottish: from an Anglicized form of the Gaelic personal names Muire(adh)ach, a derivative of muir ‘sea’ (hence the usual translation as ‘mariner’) and Murchadh ‘sea battler’. These may originally have been patronymics, the prefix Mac having been dropped at a later stage. Irish (Ulster): when not of Scottish origin, a variant of Murtagh

Lol. Looking at his surname shows that you're wrong again. It's pretty obvious why you calling him a Hebrew is a bad look. Being called a Jew has been seen to be a slur for a long long time. So, if you decide to call him a Hebrew for no reason, when he clearly is not, it can be seen to be a slur. It'd be the same thing as if you started calling him gay for no reason. Both gays and Jews have been vilified and had gay and Jew used as derogatory terms toward people.

Lot of " A's "in there mate , not seein many " O's "

Go google some more son

Gays have been slurred in the past so Crow MUST be slurring the jews.

Yeahnah

Try again.
I can do this all day , it almost looks like you're DEFENDING Rupe......and we all know how highly i rate Murdoch defenders.....

Last edited:

Let me explain it to you, you can't hate a Jewish person but you can imply all Muslims are rapist or terrorists. Get it?
Or refugees when faced with a choice between being bombed, shot or seeing their family tortured and to take the risk on getting on a boat for a better life, they are, 'economic migrants', or 'illegals'.
Got it now?

I got it years ago Mags.

These spuds thought they'd get an easy kill , but as i said , this ain't the crows 1st rodeo.

Murdoch defenders........geez
I understand barracking for your political party but far out , how many times have you seen me white-knight for the ABC ??

Exactly , smells like certain cats are BEHOLDEN to him hey........

Got it now?
He doesn't hate a Jewish person though. He hates a non-Jew and decided to call him Jewish for no real reason. It'd be no different if I said I hated Murdoch by stating 'I really hate that gay Murdoch'. It'd be weird and nonsensical to attribute such a term to him. It'd only lead you to wonder why I'm calling him gay, wouldn't it?

Lot of " A's "in there mate , not seein many " O's "

Go google some more son

Gays have been slurred in the past so Crow MUST be slurring the jews.

Yeahnah

Try again.
I can do this all day , it almost looks like you're DEFENDING Rupe......and we all know how highly i rate Murdoch defenders.....
Go google what? Conspiracy theories stating that Murdoch is a secret Jew?

Well apparently you think people that defend a media mogul are worse than those who kill innocent children, so I don't really care how highly you rate Murdoch defenders.

He doesn't hate a Jewish person though. He hates a non-Jew and decided to call him Jewish for no real reason. It'd be no different if I said I hated Murdoch by stating 'I really hate that gay Murdoch'. It'd be weird and nonsensical to attribute such a term to him. It'd only lead you to wonder why I'm calling him gay, wouldn't it?
Are you saying the rest of my post is okay then?

I've never implied that all Muslims are rapists or terrorists. I dated a Muslim for a few months and I certainly didn't think she was a terrorist or a rapist. I don't think I've ever commented on refugees here either. I assumed the rest was a shot at Meds?
It was, but still interested in your opinion given that you are commenting on NSWCROW's post.

Go google what? Conspiracy theories stating that Murdoch is a secret Jew?

Well apparently you think people that defend a media mogul are worse than those who kill innocent children, so I don't really care how highly you rate Murdoch defenders.
so i can see we've reached an impasse here.

Good.
Now i can get back to the task of calling this kent out on his agendas. without having to swat away his whore journos and acolytes.

It was, but still interested in your opinion given that you are commenting on NSWCROW's post.
They're not really a like for like comparison. Antisemitism is racist, Islamophobia is not. I have a problem with people lumping all Muslims into a category but I have no problem with people criticising Islamic doctrine. I have the same sentiment toward Catholicism. People can criticise aspects of it as they please, I criticise Catholicism as well because I don't believe anything to be above criticism.

I have no issue with asylum seekers, but I don't think we should take in entire cohort of asylum seekers either.

Now, please address my point:

And, NSWCROW, I dislike Murdoch, too. I dislike his publications and at most will sometimes watch YouTube videos of Tucker Carlson for some laughs. I just don't like blatant lies. I don't believe disliking someone gives you the right to lie about them, so I will always dispute something if I find it to be intellectually dishonest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And, NSWCROW, I dislike Murdoch, too. I dislike his publications and at most will sometimes watch YouTube videos of Tucker Carlson for some laughs. I just don't like blatant lies. I don't believe disliking someone gives you the right to lie about them, so I will always dispute something if I find it to be intellectually dishonest.

Apologies if i came across short earlier , the MEDUSALA VIRUS :tm: was making it's way through my system.

100% see your pov.
100% see how easily one could come to that conclusion too.

It's a matter of connotations though really , isn't it ?!?!?!?!
( And ethnic/religious connotations is a whole other thread waiting to happen )

As i said earlier , massive difference in the connotation between " Hebrew " and " Jew ".
You do me a discredit thinking i'd come straight out and attack him FOR being jewish - THAT's antisemitism , that stuff doesn't fly ( nor should it ) persecution is persecution - Hate is hate.

And i can't be drawn and quartered for questioning someones heritage anyway can i ??....i mean the lackers in America just pissed all over their president for 8 years over a similar issue yes ?

so i can see we've reached an impasse here.
Good.
Now i can get back to the task of calling this kent out on his agendas. without having to swat away his whore journos and acolytes.
Following your comment, I decided to look closer at Rupert's background and although I discarded some links that were obviously biased, I found out some things that I didn't know.

There are claims that he holds an honorary Israeli citizenship and that his mother was Jewish.

http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/02/05/Murdoch2.html

Also if he is not, he has been honored by more Jewish organizations than any other person.

They aren't like for like though. That's why 18c counts antisemitism as racist but not Islamophobia. Jews are an ethnic group whereas Muslims are not.
I think that not all people are making that distinction at the moment.
The point I was trying to make was don't call someone out for denigrating a person or a group when Meds has been just as guilty of doing the same.

Yep and that also opens up another can

The " It's on the internet so it MUST be true " can.
Once again , all down to connotation.
Rupert does it daily in his s**t publications.

Last thing , i've REALLY gotta work out this whole 18c debacle , i got as far as " Bolt attacks a half-caste and wanted to be exonerated for it "

The point I was trying to make was don't call someone out for denigrating a person or a group when Meds has been just as guilty of doing the same.
Or put him on ignore finally like i did lol.

*en wombat he is

Last thing , i've REALLY gotta work out this whole 18c debacle , i got as far as " Bolt attacks a half-caste and wanted to be exonerated for it "
Yeah, there were a number of articles that I ignored. Shame other posters don't do the same.

Was wondering whether I might put up a vid on Youtube that can be shared? Doesn't seem to make much difference if there is any truth in it as long as it caters to someones prejudices I will be fine. Just a matter of deciding which controversial topic...

I wrote an assignment on 18c in a gender class that I took a coupe of years ago. It was pretty fun to write about. N.B. I was against Section 18c, and still am.

If someone made the assertion that Steve Jobs (apparently his father was a Syrian) was Muslim, I'd refute that as well.

I got this far -

Section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act makes it unlawful for someone to do an act that is reasonably likely to “offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate” someone because of their race or ethnicity.

Section 18D of the Racial Discrimination Act contains exemptions which protect freedom of speech. These ensure that artistic works, scientific debate and fair comment on matters of public interest are exempt from section 18C, providing they are said or done reasonably and in good faith

And my *en head exploded.

50 shades of grey indeed
Connotation.

I got this far -
And my ****en head exploded.

50 shades of grey indeed
Connotation.
I always ask the question, 'why would anyone intentionally want to do any of those things'?

I don't have a real problem with it because the likes of a Panahi or Bolt would have a field day.
Further you need to take into account Section D which affords some exceptions and safeguards for frivolous claims.

From recollection, the only religious peoples that are considered ethnicities, and therefore, unlawful to discriminate against are Sikhs and Jews.

See and there's ANOTHER can , why is it only SOME and not ALL ?
Man oh man.

It's like in the comics universe , things got so jumbled and convoluted that they just scrubbed it and started from scratch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back