Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.crikey.com.au/2017/03/0...&utm_campaign=070317-locked&utm_medium=social

APC call that worm Simon Benson out on yet another s**t article.

The piece carried the usual quotes of concern from the minister and figures acquired by the Daily Tele from the Department of Human Services, but when pushed to explain how it arrived at the figure that 70,000 — or about 8% of all those on Newstart, Youth Allowance and single-parent payments — welfare recipients were obtaining medical certificates illegitimately, The Daily Telegraph quickly backed off, editing its original article online to first say “tens of thousands of dole recipients” and then removing reference to any specific, or even vague, number altogether.

Little man Tim Blair with a doozy in the " Extra sock :tm: " today

Has a dig at " the left " for cheering Rascist Billys death.
This is the same worm who cheered Bob Ellis' death before he was even cold.

Just look at a photo of him lol
That one guy at the party nobody wants to be seen with.

NSWCROW sit down and don't be eating when you read ahead...

The Australian is advertising.

The Australian is very proud of its “bold reporting, the pursuit of truth and provoking debate” and has launched a new brand campaign across TV, radio and print.
With the tagline “For the informed Australian”, the campaign was created by agency Archibald/Williams. The Australian’s editor-in-chief, Paul Whittaker, said: “In this era of abundant content, it is more important than ever for a news brand such as the Australian to be bold and fearless in the pursuit of truth as well as promoting debate about the issues that matter most to Australians.”

Also...
Lachlan Murdoch’s right-hand woman, Siobhan McKenna, has left the Ten board to join News Corp Australia as head of broadcast.

Perhaps McKenna can do something about Sky News’ lacklustre ratings, with some shows like Credlin Keneally failing to make it into the top 250 multi channel daily programs and others like The Bolt Report and Paul Murray Live ranking 206 and 170.

NSWCROW
The Australian is very proud of its “bold reporting, the pursuit of truth and provoking debate” and has launched a new brand campaign across TV, radio and print.
With the tagline “For the informed Australian”, the campaign was created by agency Archibald/Williams. The Australian’s editor-in-chief, Paul Whittaker, said: “In this era of abundant content, it is more important than ever for a news brand such as the Australian to be bold and fearless in the pursuit of truth as well as promoting debate about the issues that matter most to Australians.”

So their new MO is to actually be journalists ?

Novel approach.......

In other news our subscription to the shitrag ran out today so the rants will be less frequent.

Not a bad way to leave things off , them bagging Triggs and the Greens.
All we needed was Waleed for the trifecta lol.

I'll still be reading Loon Pond so nothing will slip under my radar lol

Quick summary of Miranda , Piers and Solts articles today

Salty.jpg

Alan Joyce is teh worrrrrrst

( Just forget about how we all loved him when he was sticking it to Gillard but...........)

Pathetic

Couldn't stop laughing at Caroline Overington having a real go at Buzzfeed for releasing the dossier on Trump.

Went on and on about how the MSM needs to report facts blah, blah and even though I agree with her, not sure why she doesn't look at her employer's track record.
Hilarious.

A couple of article have brightened up my morning and made me laugh.
The first one:

The Australian newspaper has claimed that the union leader Sally McManus faked her CV when she said she was president of a university union for two years.
The story was promoted by the Australian’s associate editor, Caroline Overington, on Twitter before an address by McManus at the National Press Club.
During questions McManus was asked about the discrepancy by a reporter from the Australian, Joe Kelly.

She said the paper needed to do “more research” because there used to be two bodies: the university students’ union and the students’ council.
Still no apology nor comment by the reporter.

Then...

Andy Coulson, the former editor of the News of the World who was jailed following the phone-hacking scandal, has been hired to do PR for the Telegraph Media Group (TMG).
His public relations firm, Coulson Chappell, has been awarded a contract to improve the standing of the company’s publications, the Daily and Sunday Telegraph. His main brief is thought to be to promote the papers as truthful and authoritative.

Hey guys what's the bet Murdoch dies before I send back my foxtel box?

Interesting suggestion that the reason Bill O'Reilly was finally removed from Fox News after repeated accusations of sexual harrassment may have been because the next generation of Murdochs has a different approach to Rupert - and old man Rupe was forced to sign the sacking letter by them...

Obviously, it had a lot to do with all those advertisers leaving, but another good, small sign.

Interesting suggestion that the reason Bill O'Reilly was finally removed from Fox News after repeated accusations of sexual harrassment may have been because the next generation of Murdochs has a different approach to Rupert - and old man Rupe was forced to sign the sacking letter by them...

Obviously, it had a lot to do with all those advertisers leaving, but another good, small sign.
Where did you read that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did you read that?
It was mentioned on ABC radio Melbourne with The Liberals' Georgie Downer and Labor's Jane Garrett discussing it. A Crikey story is talking about James Murdoch being responsible for it and the removal of Roger Ailes, but I can't read the rest. I can't see an obvious story about Rupert being 'forced' to sign something, but have only had a quick look.

I also had heard that on one of the US news stations but in this case am more inclined to believe that it may have been due to more than 50 companies refusing to advertise on his program, sadly.
Think that it puts all major organisations on notice, that social media and people rule.

Rupey took Shine and Abernathy (Fox News Presidents) out for lunch at a high profile NY restaurant, seemingly a show of support following all the bad press.

He appears to think they can claim Ailes and O'Reilly were just a couple of bad apples which is pretty hilarious considering their influence. There's a bad Big Apple joke in there somewhere, but it's all a bit depressing considering the Murdochs only moved following advertisers pulling their money.

The lawsuit above sounds a bit whacky, but hopefully she has evidence to back it up. I think everyone would assume such harassment would be done at arm's length so I doubt there will be anyway to tie it back to Fox News in a direct way. It would certainly scare someone to think their phone was being tapped and references made to scorpions and loved ones. It is also cryptic enough and detached enough as to make people unaware of the detail think that the she was a bit whacky herself. Bastards. If true.

For anyone wondering where the Latham posts went, they're now in with the rest over here in a thread AM started. The axing of the 'Outsiders' show, joins the recent News Corp sackings of Fox News' Ailes and O'Reilly. I'm sure there are more I'm not thinking of too.
I can understand why they'd want to defend the accusation, perhaps on the basis of satire (colloquial exaggeration)? But given it's about his conduct at work, mentioned in an industry-focussed column, and is hard to prove either way, it seems obvious that spending $1M was dumb. Ego-driven decision, I guess.

From what I understand, the Coalition is now removing licencing fees, and media ownership rules. Removing the 75% media ownership rules...

I've not seen any mention of this really... Can't understand how it's just been slipped through quietly...

Does anyone have some more solid information?
Ratts of Tobruk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back