Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not subscribing to the Australian, do you think you could outline that article?

:thumbsu:

.....a senior ABC political reporter has taken down a Twitter post that publicly smashed up a Liberal Party policy. Only this time, in contrast to Laura Tingle’s viral ScoMo tweet, it attacked a Liberal leader smack bang in the middle of an election campaign.
The ABC’s Queensland state political reporter Stephanie Zillman has caught the public broadcaster’s fast-spreading Twitter trolling bug by accusing the state’s opposition leader Deb Frecklington of “dog whistling”.

It was all about Frecklington’s new policy to deal with rising crime in North Queensland, announced on Wednesday: imposing an 8pm curfew for kids aged 14 and under in Townsville and Cairns.

Zillman’s TV news stories during the campaign appear to have been fairly straight. But the same couldn’t be said for her Twitter response to Frecklington’s curfew announcement.

The ABC reporter trolled the policy as: “Dog whistling at its worst,” tagging @DebFrecklington just in case anyone was in any doubt about who she was calling out. There was another similarity with Tingle’s tweet: it didn’t last long. By the end of the day, a message mysteriously popped up on Zillman’s Twitter handle: “This Tweet was deleted by the Tweet author.”

Stephanie Zillman's now deleted tweet.

Stephanie Zillman's now deleted tweet.

you think it will be enforced equally?
hahahaha ....I shouldn't be laughing but from someone who has seen "equal treatment under the law" first hand, anyone that thinks that this type of "initiative" has anything other to do than straight out racism to appeal to the rednecks that once voted for Hanson, are living in lala land!

It's the same type of "initiative" that was rolled out to "help" the black fellas out Port Lincoln and Ceduna way where their social security payments took the form of a card which can only be used to buy certain items - not for the white fellas mind you, just for the "darkies". This is straight out discrimination against a certain group of people and even if it were to be "extended" to include everyone else on social security, what kind of a f****ng nation are we living in? Where are these defenders of "civil liberties" now?

Just a motherhood claim or are there numbers supporting?

Watch the lot; it's interesting and pay particular attention at about 2:48. I urge everyone who hasn't seen this to watch.

Last edited:

Watch the lot; it's interesting and pay particular attention at about 2:48. I urge everyone who hasn't seen this to watch.

I voted for Kev07 so I do know when he in self justification mode. I believed him once, even after Copenhagen .....

I voted for Kev07 so I do know when he in self justification mode. I believed him once, even after Copenhagen .....
Don't worry about Rudd - he is a f****ng rat who leaked truck loads to the hyena Julie Bishop who handed the stuff onto her mates at the Murdoch press.

You asked to see evidence that the Murdoch press is partisan, as if anyone with a modicum of an idea would ask for such evidence but you did, so I supplied you with evidence. Did you get to the 2:48 mark of the link I posted?

Don't worry about Rudd - he is a f****ng rat who leaked truck loads to the hyena Julie Bishop who handed the stuff onto her mates at the Murdoch press.

You asked to see evidence that the Murdoch press is partisan, as if anyone with a modicum of an idea would ask for such evidence but you did, so I supplied you with evidence. Did you get to the 2:48 mark of the link I posted?

So link what I said, as I believe ALL the mainstream press lean ... which version of Kev leaked to Ms Bishop? Chasing the UN job?

Not listened yet, not must do, tomorrow some time. Highly unlikely to be anything I've not heard before. Not ' 1 + 1 = whatever you want it to be' material?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rudd's a grub but on the News Corp issue he falls into the "clock is right twice a day" category.

I'll have to get back to you on what the other one is. ;)

Kevin Rudd has never "to his knowledge" met Jeffrey Epstein.

A report last year noted the organisation also received a total of $US650,000 ($AU 922,000) in donations from Epstein's foundations between 2011 and 2019.

Mr Rudd joined the board in 2014 and was elected chair in 2018.

Kevin Rudd has never "to his knowledge" met Jeffrey Epstein.

A report last year noted the organisation also received a total of $US650,000 ($AU 922,000) in donations from Epstein's foundations between 2011 and 2019.

Mr Rudd joined the board in 2014 and was elected chair in 2018.

Fair suck of the sauce bottle!

No one's boycotting a newspaper over their treatment of a politician.
It's not about his treatment of a politician. That politician's actions and decisions during Covid have the backing of the vast majority of Victorians.

So when Murdoch's rag shits on Andrews, it shits on most Victorians. So they're not so inclined to buy his worthless toilet paper any more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back