Who's closer to a flag? Adelaide, Port Adelaide or Fremantle?

Who wins their next flag before the others?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Very astute drafting, they've put together the beginnings of a high quality midfield and we're smart enough to focus on local talent to remove the go home factor. They'll have one of the top midfields in the league in a few years just need to focus on their bookends now.
Cox, Chapman and Logue are 23 years and younger plus Pearce is 26. We are set up back for 5 plus years.

Forward line is the issue for sure. Treacy was a good start last year and see what happens with Amiss and Bennings. In saying that Taberner is 28 and still be in the best 22 for a while.

Wingers are an issue and maybe a small forward who can kick goals.

Otherwise, we are set up for years.

Very astute drafting, they've put together the beginnings of a high quality midfield and we're smart enough to focus on local talent to remove the go home factor. They'll have one of the top midfields in the league in a few years just need to focus on their bookends now.
It looks good on the surface. Freo used pick 8 on a WA KPF and pick 10 on a midfielder that's 188-190cm.

Nothing is certain though. Even if Jye Amiss is taken at pick 8, I won't be upset if he is a 30-40 goal season forward. Erasmus looks solid at pick 10.

Freo chose Anthony Morabito with pick 4 in that 2009 draft. Had talent but had his knee wrecked 3 times in a row from 2011-14. It's a shame as he could of been a Brownlow medal winner like Ollie wines.

Nathan Fyfe was taken at pick 20 and that was fortunate for Freo.

It looks good on the surface. Freo used pick 8 on a WA KPF and pick 10 on a midfielder that's 188-190cm.

Nothing is certain though. Even if Jye Amiss is taken at pick 8, I won't be upset if he is a 30-40 goal season forward. Erasmus looks solid at pick 10.

Freo chose Anthony Morabito with pick 4 in that 2009 draft. Had talent but had his knee wrecked 3 times in a row from 2011-14. It's a shame as he could of been a Brownlow medal winner like Ollie wines.

Nathan Fyfe was taken at pick 20 and that was fortunate for Freo.

Morabito was unlucky. He was the correct player for the pick; No one could have predicted those knee issues. Like you said, a potential Brownlow Medallist. Absolute tragedy we never got his best.

Freo. build nicely, but i think there best will ultimately fall short. Adelaide has a great young list developing, and will be in contention in about 4-7 years.

Port have missed their window.

Doubt we’re any further behind the Crows or Freo even if we’ve missed the current window. In the last 4 drafts all of port, freo and crows have selected the same amount of 1st rounders.

1st rounder taken per draft

‘18
Port - 3
Freo - 1
Crows - 2

‘19
port - 2
Freo - 3
Crows - 1

‘20
port - 1
Freo - 1
Crows - 3

‘21
Port - 1
Freo - 2
Crows - 1

Last edited:
Doubt we’re any further behind the Crows or Freo even if we’ve missed the current window. In the last 4 drafts all of port, freo and crows have selected the same amount of 1st rounders.

1st rounder taken per draft

‘18
Port - 3
Freo - 1
Crows - 2

‘19
port - 2
Freo - 3
Crows - 1

‘20
port - 1
Freo - 1
Crows - 3

‘21
Port - 1
Freo - 2
Crows - 1
Talk about simplistic delusion.

I just had to post this......

So freo has a 5 year plan from 2021-2025 to get a premiership. Make top 4 in 3 of those 5 years and have 80,000 members by 2025.
Not one but two premiership in that time frame. They have now Built to fall.
What why should have said we make finals next year wouldn’t be as much blow back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somebody is a little jealous. ;)

Don’t worry, I’m sure Crows army of short people will be fine.
You've had 1 player taken before pick 12
Both Fremantle and Adelaide have had 5.
Massive difference between the top end of the 1st round and bottom end.

So you're either delusional.
Or you're a troll

Either way, you've taken up more time than you're worth.

Or you're a troll

The only one that has shown anything is Thilthorpe. Chace Jones and MacAsey are almost in the bust basket.

Not one but two premiership in that time frame. They have now Built to fall.
What why should have said we make finals next year wouldn’t be as much blow back
Much prefer the bold plan.
For too long he goal has been to compete, and see what happens. That's not how you succeed at anything. Have to aim for the top, to drive and push to reach it.

Or you're a troll

Doesn’t matter what number pick you have in the first round if you’re recruitment/development staff are crap the picks won’t turn out good anyway. That’s why all of ports first rounders for the last 10 years have turned out successful and crows nearly always are a bust

just the last 4 years alone of first rounders
Bergman
Georgiades
Butters
Rozee
Duursma
Jones
And now Sinn

Or you're a troll

The only good player Crows got is Thilthorpe who was pick 2.

Butters > Chase Jones
Rozee > McHenry
Duursma > Pedlar
Bergman > McAsey
Georgiades < Thilthorpe
Lachie Jones - Cook
Sinn - Rachele (will have to wait and see on these two).

Tried going by draft year or position but Pedlar and Duursma were leftovers so I paired them up.

The only good player Crows got is Thilthorpe who was pick 2.

Butters > Chase Jones
Rozee > McHenry
Duursma > Pedlar
Bergman > McAsey
Georgiades < Thilthorpe
Lachie Jones - Cook
Sinn - Rachele (will have to wait and see on these two).

Tried going by draft year or position but Pedlar and Duursma were leftovers so I paired them up.

Our youth would run absolute rings around them with the above mentioned. Then add our other youngsters who are 24 and under in Hayes, Marshall, Houston, Burton, Drew, SPP (who I’m not the biggest fan but others see otherwise) and the virtually untried Mead and Williams and they can’t even be compared.

Freo are a different story and they have some very strong youth. Only line we are lacking in youth is defensive talls.

Last edited:
Fremantle need a gun forward to rise up.
Pavlich took them on his back first time.
Who can it be this time?

Throw the kitchen sink at Logan McDonald Freo.
really think it's a wise idea to throw whole farm to get Logan McDonald at the swans? Nah.

We have already traded heavily for the likes of cam McCarthy, Rory Lobb and Jesse Hogan.

Josh Tracy looks good. Jye Amiss looks ok with pick 8 used on this 2021 draft.

I am happy to keep taberner and lobb for the next 2 or 3 years while Amiss and Tracey develop.

Hope Freo make finals in 2022-24 and get a finals win or 2 in that period before Freo goes through a 2-3 year rebuild.

really think it's a wise idea to throw whole farm to get Logan McDonald at the swans? Nah.

We have already traded heavily for the likes of cam McCarthy, Rory Lobb and Jesse Hogan.

Josh Tracy looks good. Jye Amiss looks ok with pick 8 used on this 2021 draft.

I am happy to keep taberner and lobb for the next 2 or 3 years while Amiss and Tracey develop.

Hope Freo make finals in 2022-24 and get a finals win or 2 in that period before Freo goes through a 2-3 year rebuild.

So glad the players dont have your attitude. Horrible stuff.

So glad the players dont have your attitude. Horrible stuff.
gotta be realistic with some expectations mate.

Again happy to make finals in 2022, 2023 and 2024. Hoping to get a finals win or 2 under that period too.

You also need to realize that guys like Fyfe, Walters, Taberner, Lobb, Hamling, wilson etc are at the near end of their careers.

Freo after this draft . . .
Freo by a mile

Freo’s list is coming together nicely and in a few years will be close.
Port are a bit stiff, they have Melbourne and the Bulldogs at their peak right now and can’t see Port beating either for a while and will be declining with a few older key players nearing the end of their careers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don't get me wrong.... Freo did draft ok in this 2021 draft.

But Again, need to be realistic.... on both ends, the good and the bad.

It seems like freo are slowly building up an ok list with some good kids come through. Glad freo used pick 8 on a Tall forward in Jye Amiss and Pick 10 on Neil Erasmus.

Using a top 10 pick on a WA mid isnt a rare thing at freo. Last top 10 pick freo used on a WA mid was in 2019 to get Liam Henry from our NGA or local Academy.

Freo using a top 10 pick on a KPF is rare. Last time that has happened was back in 1999 when freo got Matty Pavlich. Between 2000-2020, Freo have only used 2 1st round picks on tall forwards: In 2003 when they used pick 12 to get Ryan Murphy and in 2013 when Freo made the grand final. They originally hoped that cam McCarthy would hold out to that pick 17, but GWS chose him at pick 12. SO Freo opted to use pick 17 on a KPF/Ruck in Michael Apeness.

Cox, Chapman and Logue are 23 years and younger plus Pearce is 26. We are set up back for 5 plus years.

Forward line is the issue for sure. Treacy was a good start last year and see what happens with Amiss and Bennings. In saying that Taberner is 28 and still be in the best 22 for a while.

Wingers are an issue and maybe a small forward who can kick goals.

Otherwise, we are set up for years.

I wouldn't mind a Hayden Ballantyne type small forward in freos team right now. I would want one to kick 30-35 goals for the next 5-7 years.

I still remember that 2012-15 period with the amount of outside mids when freo made finals: Stephen Hill, Danyle Pearce, Tendai Mzungu, Clance Pearce, Cam Sutcliffe, Tom Sheridan and Hayden Crozier. Stephen Hill when fully fit was an A grade kick. the rest were solid or Ok B or C grade players.

Back