Who's closer to a flag? Adelaide, Port Adelaide or Fremantle?

Who wins their next flag before the others?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

gotta be realistic with some expectations mate.

Again happy to make finals in 2022, 2023 and 2024. Hoping to get a finals win or 2 under that period too.

You also need to realize that guys like Fyfe, Walters, Taberner, Lobb, Hamling, wilson etc are at the near end of their careers.
They might be near the end of their career but your not accounting growth from the current young core.
Serong has had a better start to his career then Fyfe.
Brayshaw has had a better start then Mundy.
Darcy has had a better start then Sandilands.
Ryan a better start then McPharlin.
If you can’t get excited about this group what’s the point ?
Freo flag 24-25 * yeah!

Doubt we’re any further behind the Crows or Freo even if we’ve missed the current window. In the last 4 drafts all of port, freo and crows have selected the same amount of 1st rounders.

1st rounder taken per draft

‘18
Port - 3
Freo - 1
Crows - 2

‘19
port - 2
Freo - 3
Crows - 1

‘20
port - 1
Freo - 1
Crows - 3

‘21
Port - 1
Freo - 2
Crows - 1
Talk about simplistic delusion.
No chance. Before this happens they will prefer to cancel that seasons.
You've had 1 player taken before pick 12
Both Fremantle and Adelaide have had 5.
Massive difference between the top end of the 1st round and bottom end.

So you're either delusional.
Or you're a troll

Either way, you've taken up more time than you're worth.

Also.... If you want to go back further....

you look at the crows 1st rounders in 2015-17.

2015: Pick 11 for Wayne Milera. and pic 17 was used on Tom Dodee. Both are solid picks despite both having injuries.

2016: Used pick 15 on Jordan Galucci. 27 games from 2017-2020. Port used pick 16 on Todd Marshall and pick 18 on Sam Powell Pepper.

That 2016 draft was Similar to the 2010 draft: both of those drafts had a strong top 3 or top 5. Yet there was a fair bit of solid blokes taken in that 2016 draft after pick 20.

will hayward was taken at pick 21. Shai Bolton at pick 26 and Williem Drew at pick 28. Freo got Brennan Cox, Sean Darcy and Luke Ryan after pick 30.

then you had the 2017 draft: Crows used pick 12 on Darcy Fogarty. I think he is a solid 2nd or 3rd tall like the Crows tom Lynch. This was the year where Crows traded picks 10, 16 and a future 4th to carlton for Bryce Gibbs, a future 2nd and future 3rd.

They might be near the end of their career but your not accounting growth from the current young core.
Freo flag 24-25 fu** yeah!

1st off I am Gutted Cerra was traded out and wanted to leave. But like Lachie Neale leaving a couple of years prior, we traded out a good mid to bring in a need in a tall WA forward.

Yeah It seems the next generation is coming through nicely. So once Fyfe, Mundy, Walters, Hamling, Lobb, tabs are all gone in 2-4 years time, Logue, Cox, Darcy, young, Brayshaw and serong etc should be in their prime.

Freo flag 24-25 fu** yeah!

Fremantle winning a flag before either of the South Australian sides do, might see an official enquiry into South Australian football, as it would be unacceptable for a traditional Aussie Rules state to go two whole decades without winning a premiership.

Fremantle winning a flag before either of the South Australian sides do, might see an official enquiry into South Australian football, as it would be unacceptable for a traditional Aussie Rules state to go two whole decades without winning a premiership.
well there was a massive investigation back in 2006 about the Victorian teams under performing. 2006 was the only year freo finished above all 10 Victorian teams.

I hope so!
I’d trade being a premiership virgin for winning one 20 years ago though.
At least you can reminisce.

Crows list is awful. One potential A grader (Thilthorpe) then not much else. Freo and particularly Port miles ahead in the ‘window’.
I think there's still talent to be added obviously to get to the top but not sure how you could possibly know that.

Apart from Thilthorpe, the following could easily end up A graders:

Schoenberg, Butts, Pedlar, Cook, Rachele, Dawson

The following are tracking to be good players:

Fogarty, Keays, Hamill, McPherson, McHenry, Jones, Berry, Milera, Doedee, Sholl

Untapped highly rated juniors: McAsey, Worrell, Hately

Likes of Crouch, Laird, O'Brien, Smith, Seedsman experience will be around for a while yet to get the next group up to the level.
Add Lukosius, Rankine and a free agent over next 24 months and the squad starts to look very good.

I think there's still talent to be added obviously to get to the top but not sure how you could possibly know that.

Likes of Crouch, Laird, O'Brien, Smith, Seedsman experience will be around for a while yet to get the next group up to the level.
Add Lukosius, Rankine and a free agent over next 24 months and the squad starts to look very good.

That’s some insane bias to say ‘the squad looks very good’. A ‘very good’ squad would be finishing top 6.

That’s some insane bias to say ‘the squad looks very good’. A ‘very good’ squad would be finishing top 6.
Are you being intentionally stupid? It says with the proposed additions the squad looks good.
I'm sure after Melbourne added Petracca, Lever, May, Brayshaw, Jackson etc your fans thought the list was starting to look very good without finishing top 4.
Even in 2020 you didn't do that, but would've felt confident going forward.
Dumb comment.

I'm sure after Melbourne added Petracca, Lever, May, Brayshaw, Jackson etc your fans thought the list was starting to look very good without finishing top 4.
See we did actually finish fourth without May, Lever and Jackson but at that point in 2018 our potential was fairly obvious.

We were still s**t when we drafted Petracca and Brayshaw tho.

The only one that has shown anything is Thilthorpe. Chace Jones and MacAsey are almost in the bust basket.
Bit harsh on McAsey.

Played 10 AFL games in 2020 when the crows won the wooden spoon.

Was injured for most of the 2021 season and only played SANFL games late in the season.

Not saying when McAsey is fully fit, he is certain to walk in the crows best 22.

I predict him to play 5-10 games next season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering 75% of our current list will be in their prime in 2025 it’s an odd prediction that we will be rebuilding
More like 60 % of the list will be in their prime years in 2025, not that is a bad thing.

Nothing is certain though. I am hoping Freo play at least one final in 2022.

Freo has not played finals since 2015. We are due for finals. Just need a good injury run and be good enough to get 12 or 13 wins

More like 60 % of the list will be in their prime years in 2025, not that is a bad thing.

Nothing is certain though. I am hoping Freo play at least one final in 2022.

Freo has not played finals since 2015. We are due for finals. Just need a good injury run and be good enough to get 12 or 13 wins

I agree, and Adelaide are about 2-3 years behind Fremantle in terms of development.

Who knows with Port Adelaide, though, as they looked completely cooked at the end of 2018, and in need of a rebuild, after losing their last seven games of the season and falling off a cliff.

I'm sure I'm not alone, when it comes to Port Adelaide's sudden resurgence over the last two years, driven by their young draftees such as Rozee, Duursma and Butters.

Port Adelaide are primed to win a flag now, in my opinion, and I think they'd be more than likely to win the flag this year if it weren't for Ken Hinkley, as I believe he lacks the tactical nous to take Port Adelaide past the final two hurdles, which are winning a preliminary final and winning a grand final.

Yeah I don’t know how the answer can be anything other than Port at this point in time.

They’re the best team right now.

Freo are putting together a good batch of young players but they need to keep building and adding players, their current young players and the incoming players need to develop and enter their prime, then they need to gel as a team. They’re years away.

Adelaide are a bottom 4 team who have a very small handful of pieces. When teams seem to average around 3-5 quality top 15 at club type hits at the draft over 3 years of drafts, it’s easy to see that Adelaide could need quite a few drafts to build their team. Then there’s the time it takes them to develop + gel into a seasoned side.

The idea that they’re magically going to be a contender in a handful of years is dubious.

As a study in history most teams that spend multiple years in the bottom 4 have taken decades to win a grand final.

Nobody will hand port a grand final though. Melb and dogs right now are at their peaks and are strong teams who if their coaches and team leaders can keep them motivated could be hard to beat for a while.

The make up of ports team though is unique. We’ve gotten a mini rebuild in and have gotten lots of games into some outstanding young talents.

This is not a great list. If you are hoping to get Lukosius and Rankine what do you think you will have to give up to get them? Lukosius would be at least 2 1st round picks plus a player like Butts. You could probably get Rankine for a 1st round pick but he is playing like a 2nd-3rd rounder at the moment. And that's if they leave GC and want to go back to Adelaide.

* I’ve read some s**t before but this takes the cake. your delusional.

This is not a great list. If you are hoping to get Lukosius and Rankine what do you think you will have to give up to get them? Lukosius would be at least 2 1st round picks plus a player like Butts. You could probably get Rankine for a 1st round pick but he is playing like a 2nd-3rd rounder at the moment. And that's if they leave GC and want to go back to Adelaide.
Lukosius for two firsts and Butts? Having a laugh surely.
He's out of contract. Likely only takes our first rounder this year.
Rankine on form is not worth a first. And also out of contract. I'm sure if both are available and want to go to the crows both will get there.

The list is plenty good. Time will prove it.

Lukosius for two firsts and Butts? Having a laugh surely.
He's out of contract. Likely only takes our first rounder this year.
Rankine on form is not worth a first. And also out of contract. I'm sure if both are available and want to go to the crows both will get there.

The list is plenty good. Time will prove it.
If Lukosius was playing for Adelaide and was out of contract you be asking for at least 2 1st rounders if he wanted to leave. What makes you think that the GC wouldn't demand the same? He would be close to the best player on your list if you got him. Easily top 3.

Back