Who's closer to a flag? Adelaide, Port Adelaide or Fremantle?

Who wins their next flag before the others?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Port are right in the window, should be for another 2-3 years

Freo look like they're on the way up, nothing is guaranteed....but if it goes the way most think....give it 2-3 years until they're up there.

The crows are at rock bottom, so who knows when they'll get up there again.

The thing is though, being in the window doesn't guarantee you a flag. Its one thing building a good list and system to be a contender, but to actually push through and make the most of it is a different thing.

Port blew a massive chance this season home preliminary and multiple games at home no guarantees they will be there again like all clubs.
Port are in good shape overall, though. My question is whether they have a second banana to support Dixon, and whether he can reliably reproduce his career-best season of 2020.

Robbie Gray is clever but they'd love Marshall or Georgiades to bob up and be good for 30 goals as a second target.

Port are in good shape overall, though. My question is whether they have a second banana to support Dixon, and whether he can reliably reproduce his career-best season of 2020.

Robbie Gray is clever but they'd love Marshall or Georgiades to bob up and be good for 30 goals as a second target.

Spot on if they get good support for Dixon that will make a big difference. Georgiades is the key looked good this year I don't think Marshall tho.I reckon Alair Alair was a bargain and will help there backline.

Two years on from starting this thread, and in my opinion, Port Adelaide are still the safe bet, if you're betting which side wins a flag first between these three.

Fremantle are catching up to them, though, and I won't be surprised if Fremantle make the top 8 in 2022, and push for a top 4 spot.

Adelaide are still a fair way behind, and in my opinion, they're another two years away from contending for a spot in the top 8 again.

Port >> Fremantle >>>>>> Adelaide. Don't rate Adelaide's youngsters. Freo have a good crop. Port could go all the way next year and will need to do so very soon with Gray and Boak nearing retirement.

Fremantle > Adelaide/Port.

Port have shown they do not have what it takes to go all the way with their current coach. They have been gifted a grand final spot for 2 years in a row and still haven't been able to take it. In the meantime, other clubs have been developing and are likely to overtake Port in the next 12 months+. Port had their chance and blew it. Melbourne/Dogs/WCE/Lions/Giants to fight out for the next few flags.

Port have shown they do not have what it takes to go all the way with their current coach. They have been gifted a grand final spot for 2 years in a row and still haven't been able to take it. In the meantime, other clubs have been developing and are likely to overtake Port in the next 12 months+. Port had their chance and blew it. Melbourne/Dogs/WCE/Lions/Giants to fight out for the next few flags.
Nothing is ever certain. I highly doubt Freo will win a flag or make a grand final.

Saying that, Fremantle has only made finals only 7 times from 1995-2021

If the question was who will have a sunnier next few years then possibly Freo or Port.

But we're talking premiership here. I don't see either Freo or Port winning a flag in the next decade. Crows are almost starting from scratch. If they get their s**t together then maybe they can jag one in the next 5 yrs.

Acknowledge that the thread was started 2019 so anyone who voted Port back then had a fair case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't write off the Power just yet, people were saying the same thing in 2003, in that Port Adelaide had blown their chances and Choco doesn't have what it takes, in order to take the Power from being a preliminary finalist to becoming a premiership side.

Hinkley gets criticised for being an average coach tactically, but people forget Hardwick was also criticised far and wide for his lack of tactical nous, and he's now a triple premiership coach.

Has to be Freo now. We’ve blown our chances and will be loosing a number of key players over the next year or two
It could be anyone of the 3 clubs to be Honest.

Don't get me wrong, I would love Freo to help Fyfe and Walters to another grand final before they retire. I just don't see it happen.

Also I have fears of Brayshaw and Serong leaving Freo or being traded off before Freo actually rise up the ladder to try and make finals

If the question was who will have a sunnier next few years then possibly Freo or Port.

But we're talking premiership here. I don't see either Freo or Port winning a flag in the next decade. Crows are almost starting from scratch. If they get their sh*t together then maybe they can jag one in the next 5 yrs.

Acknowledge that the thread was started 2019 so anyone who voted Port back then had a fair case.
As I said I don't see Freo win a flag in this decade either. I dont see them win one in this 2020-29 period.

But we're talking premiership here. I don't see either Freo or Port winning a flag in the next decade.
I'd this was said about Melbourne as recently as last year.

But have to agree, premierships are hard to come by. Close to everything will have to go right. So it is pretty much a guess. Some teams always look promising while some other teams make it in the end. Port may fall of a cliff and Adelaide could make a fast and good rebuilt in little time. Then it looks different, but still very likely neither will make it...

Lol at putting us on the same level as your cellar dweller team. That's just objectively wrong.

Port are right in the window, should be for another 2-3 years

Freo look like they're on the way up, nothing is guaranteed....but if it goes the way most think....give it 2-3 years until they're up there.

The crows are at rock bottom, so who knows when they'll get up there again.

The thing is though, being in the window doesn't guarantee you a flag. Its one thing building a good list and system to be a contender, but to actually push through and make the most of it is a different thing.

Exactly.

As I said I don't see Freo win a flag in this decade either. I dont see them win one in this 2020-29 period.

Sometimes I wonder if you actually support Freo. But then I have a good think about it and realize youre just not a one eyed desperate premiership starved meathead Freo supporter like me. :'(

Sometimes I wonder if you actually support Freo. But then I have a good think about it and realize you are just not a one eyed desperate premiership starved meathead Freo supporter like me. :'(

I have been a freo supporter since late 2001- early 2002.

To be honest here, can you see freo win a flag between now and 2029? If so, what year?

I see freo having a 3-4 year run of finals in this middle part of the decade before going though another 5 year rebuild at the end of this decade. But thats my opinion.

When you support freo like I do, you have to tolerate the bad times and savor the few good moments that come.

So I will savour every final freo will play in this decade.... if we ever make finals.

I have been a freo supporter since late 2001- early 2002.

To be honest here, can you see freo win a flag between now and 2029? If so, what year?

I see freo having a 3-4 year run of finals in this middle part of the decade before going though another 5 year rebuild at the end of this decade. But thats my opinion.

When you support freo like I do, you have to tolerate the bad times and savor the few good moments that come.

So I will savour every final freo will play in this decade.... if we ever make finals.

I just hope the players dont carry the same attitude.

Freo blew 2013, Adelaide choked in 2017 and then the arse fell out of them, Port blew 2021 (although I don't really rate them and in particular Dixon)

What do any of these clubs stand for?

Freo is the meek, ugly, redheaded stepchild of WA.

Ditto for Port in SA and over the years the Crows have been proven to be rotten to the core.

I'd like to see Freo win one first out of these 3 but I can't see it happening for a long time.

Back