Who's closer to a flag, Fremantle or West Coast?

Who is closer to a flag, Fremantle or West Coast

• Fremantle

Votes: 247 62.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 146 37.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavaniacono

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
Hanoi
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Simpson is clearly a huge obstacle for Eagles. Obstacles need removing. Eagles fans must be hoping he misses more games as coach than he did as a player. Little Boris is really harming Eagles from behind, unoiled. Its starting to hurt.

Apr 27, 2006
Your Backyard
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'll save you half the effort we are talking about Freo's fowards and backs. The Eagles have those areas well and truely covered with quality players.

Brad Sheppard, Tom Barrass, Jackson Nelson
Luke Ryan, Joel Hamling, Griffin Logue
Elliot Yeo, Jeremy McGovern, Shannon Hurn
Nathan Wilson, Alex Pearce, Michael Johnson

Mark Lecras, Jack Darling, Jack Redden
Harley Bennell, Brennan Cox, Michael Walters
Liam Ryan, Josh Kennedy, Jamie Cripps
Brandon Matera, Cam McCarthy, Hayden Ballantyne

Outside of JK, Darling and McGovern, you really are stretching your willy there bud!

Edit:I've added Yeo to the HBF as its clear leaving him out has upset a few!

So that makes four players, my point that seems to be missed by said few, still remains!

Last edited:

dcutter

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Liam Duggan, Jeremy McGovern, Shannon Hurn

Outside of JK, Darling and McGovern, you really are stretching your willy there bud!
Even if Fremantle had a competent forward line, WC would still smash the lights out of it.

Its the method as much as it is the personnel which makes 8 goals 9 Fremantle, a continual non threat.

Liam Duggan, Jeremy McGovern, Shannon Hurn

Duggan and Redden wouldn't be in those positions, and Sheppard and Cripps clearly outpoint their direct rivals. If you replace Duggan with Yeo then you can add him to the list too.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Care to elaborate as to who is going to kick the goals and who is going to stop the opposition kicking more?

An overweight injured rookie, a mature ager that is constantly reamed by a no name, a PA reserves reject ,an over the hill Frenchman and a below par midfield . Hardly a glowing endorsement for WC's forward half.

Apr 27, 2006
Your Backyard
AFL Club
Fremantle
Duggan and Redden wouldn't be in those positions, and Sheppard and Cripps clearly outpoint their direct rivals. If you replace Duggan with Yeo then you can add him to the list too.

If Yeo is starting from deffence, the Eagles midfield must be one of the best around!

Sheppard is not a very good player, he would be at EP if he wasn't a high draft pick (he is the new Masten), but it's not supprising to see a 26yo 8 year player in front of a 21yo 1st year rookie, and Cripps doesnt 'clearly' outpoint anyone!

My point is really resonating now, 'stretching your willy' and all that!

Besides it was a few changes off the AFL.com teams, but we all know what those guys know when it comes to the Eagles now dont we...

Last edited:
Both teams have big holes in their sides & I doubt will make finals, but if you could combine them...

B: Barrass, Johnson, Hurn
HB: Wilson, McGovern, Yeo
C: S Hill, Fyfe, Gaff
HF: Walters, McCarthy, B Hill
F: Naitanui, Kennedy, Le Cras
R: Sandilands, Shuey, Neale
I: Sheppard, Sheed, Blakely, Bennell

If Yeo is starting from deffence, the Eagles midfield must be one of the best around!

Sheppard is not a very good player, he would be at EP if he wasn't a high draft pick (he is the new Masten), but it's not supprising to see a 26yo 8 year player in front of a 21yo 1st year rookie, and Cripps doesnt 'clearly' outpoint anyone!

My point is really resonating now, 'stretching your willy' and all that!

Besides it was a few changes off the AFL.com teams, but we all know what those guys know when it comes to the Eagles now dont we...

Our midfield is our weak link. I have been consistent on this for the past three years and I stand by that.

Yeo won AA playing predominantly on the half back flank. So it would be interesting to see why you left him out of our backline on that one.

Sheppard is indeed a very good player and he was a key reason why we made the 2015 GF. His form has not dropped off that much since then. You have not been watching our games at all if you think he deserves a spell at East Perth. F*** me.

Cripps isn't that good but let's not pretend Hayden Ballantyne is anywhere near his AA form at the moment. He's also on the decline.

You need to take off your purple glasses. I take off my blue and gold ones in admitting your midfield is superior to ours and that Walters is better than any non-tall in our forward line, amongst other things.

Apr 27, 2006
Your Backyard
AFL Club
Fremantle
Our midfield is our weak link. I have been consistent on this for the past three years and I stand by that.

Yeo won AA playing predominantly on the half back flank. So it would be interesting to see why you left him out of our backline on that one.

Because he needs to move in as a fulltime midfielder and become more valuable to his team, no one said he can't play on the HBF!

Sheppard is indeed a very good player and he was a key reason why we made the 2015 GF. His form has not dropped off that much since then. You have not been watching our games at all if you think he deserves a spell at East Perth. F*** me.

So was Sharrod Wellingham & Josh Hill. F*** me!

Edit: wow Ive always loved that 'you have not been watching our games at all' line!!!

Cripps isn't that good but let's not pretend Hayden Ballantyne is anywhere near his AA form at the moment. He's also on the decline.

I wasn't the one who stated 'clearly' better, s**t i didnt even say he wasn't better than Ballantyne, why so defensive?

You need to take off your purple glasses. I take off my blue and gold ones in admitting your midfield is superior to ours and that Walters is better than any non-tall in our forward line, amongst other things.

I dont have Purple glasses but it's cool that you have Blue and Gold ones, just don't get so hurt around your bum when I tell it as it is!

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Because he needs to move in as a fulltime midfielder and become more valuable to his team, no one said he can't play on the HBF!

So was Sharrod Wellingham & Josh Hill. F*** me!

Edit: wow Ive always loved that 'you have not been watching our games at all' line!!!

I wasn't the one who stated 'clearly' better, s**t i didnt even say he wasn't better than Ballantyne, why so defensive?

I dont have Purple glasses but it's cool that you have Blue and Gold ones, just don't get so hurt around your bum when I tell it as it is!
For the sake of the initial point/argument, it's more than fair that Yeo would be on the HBF as that's where the history is...No one is arguing otherwise that our midfield needs a boost.

Wellingham and Hill have never been as consistent as Sheppard, the point Forward Press was making is valid in this case.
He's a level above the two mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 27, 2006
Your Backyard
AFL Club
Fremantle
For the sake of the initial point/argument, it's more than fair that Yeo would be on the HBF as that's where the history is...No one is arguing otherwise that our midfield needs a boost.

Oh ok, well thanks for clearing that one up!

Now adding Yeo doesnt change the 'actual' initial point/argument, that being, the Eagles dont "have those areas well and truely covered with quality players" as the post i actually replied to states!

Wellingham and Hill have never been as consistent as Sheppard, the point Forward Press was making is valid in this case.
He's a level above the two mentioned.

He made the point about 2015, it was some time ago and means nothing today. Wellingham was 2 spots behind him in the BnF count and Hill kicked 40 goals that year, they played their part, 'IN 2015'. Sheppard is not s**t, but he's not that good either!

Feb 12, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Oh ok, well thanks for clearing that one up!

Now adding Yeo doesnt change the 'actual' initial point/argument, that being, the Eagles dont "have those areas well and truely covered with quality players" as the post i actually replied to states!

He made the point about 2015, it was some time ago and means nothing today. Wellingham was 2 spots behind him in the BnF count and Hill kicked 40 goals that year, they played their part, 'IN 2015'. Sheppard is not s**t, but he's not that good either!
No one was arguing we have the midfield covered at all...The point was (rightly) made that Yeo should be on a HBF, as to date, that has been his best position. Who knows for next year, we can only go on history so far. The initial post/point had him out of position.

I'll take consistency over over one good year anytime, Sheppard is still the superior player in my eyes....If we were just arguing about 2015, then you'd have to admit that our midfield (on paper) looked a lot stronger than now...But we're not talking about that, are we?

I'd be interesting to take a poll on this one, especially those that have seen a lot of Eagles games.

Apr 27, 2006
Your Backyard
AFL Club
Fremantle
No one was arguing we have the midfield covered at all...The point was (rightly) made that Yeo should be on a HBF, as to date, that has been his best position. Who knows for next year, we can only go on history so far. The initial post/point had him out of position.

Honestly mate, take the time to understand/read what is being spoken about before you speak!

I'll take consistency over over one good year anytime, Sheppard is still the superior player in my eyes....If we were just arguing about 2015, then you'd have to admit that our midfield (on paper) looked a lot stronger than now...But we're not talking about that, are we?

I'd be interesting to take a poll on this one, especially those that have seen a lot of Eagles games.

Consistently average, as I said, he wouldnt be playing if he wasn't a high draft pick. Failed midfielder, failed HBFer now all that was left is to be an average small defender!

Bigfooty polls, where 23yo's tell you how good Stephen Silvagni was!!!

Feb 12, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Honestly mate, take the time to understand/read what is being spoken about before you speak!

Consistently average, as I said, he wouldnt be playing if he wasn't a high draft pick. Failed midfielder, failed HBFer now all that was left is to be an average small defender!

Failed midfielder yes...7.5/10 HBF, this is where you fail and live up to your name.
Pretty sure Tism wrote a song that was pretty much about you.

There is barely a player in the AFL as a whole that Cripps outpoints - surely!

There have been plenty worse small forwards. Not even the worst on our list at the moment.

That being said, he isn't anything special either and I don't think he will ever be more than a serviceable goal sneak. Did make a couple of key contributions at critical times last year and certainly more consistent than Josh Hill.

All the below articles are from 2009, before he was drafted.

http://afldraftinfo.blogspot.com.au/2009/10/brad-sheppard-east-fremantlewa-draft.html

Sheppard has the ability to be a top quality medium defender that can rebound with pace and precision and also guard a small or medium forward (either marking or crumbing) effectively

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/scully-edges-out-trengove-as-wa-shines-20091126-juf2.html

West Coast then took rebounding defender Sheppard at No.7

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-coast-eagles/dad-has-no-worries-over-sheppard-ng-ya-213168

Brad, West Coast's first selection in last year's national draft and the seventh pick overall, had spent the last couple of seasons as a running defender with the State 18s team

I can dig up more if you like. Was always envisioned to be a running rebounding defender.

Apr 27, 2006
Your Backyard
AFL Club
Fremantle

Yeah, and Fremantle drafted Nathan Fyfe as a half forward flanker that can jump and kick goals, a few picks later, but I'm sure you had a point somewhere...

Yeah and Fremantle drafted Nathan Fyfe as a half forward flanker that can jump and kick goals, a few picks later, but I'm sure you had a point somewhere...

Great.

However, the evidence proves your statement incorrect. I repeat it as follows:

Never played midfield, wasn't drafted to play midfield, and yet you're claiming he is a failed midfielder. Tsk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back