Who's closer to their next premiership: Carlton or Freo?

Is Carlton or Freo closer to their next flag?

• Carlton

Votes: 102 33.7%
  • Freo

Votes: 169 55.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 32 10.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

played first 6 games away from home ( no other team had to do that)
Our Main midfield last year was Fyfe, Walters, Mundy, Lobb
This year it was Brayshaw 21, Cerra 21, Serong 19, Darcy 22
New coach, no chance to train in full during the year building up a new game plan.

Younger squad than last year with the same result with shed loads more improvement.

finally should of won that sh*t box of a game at Optus against when the umpires pulled that last minute crap fest out Which would make us 47% and you 35%
Agree. I can't believe there's even a discussion.

Have any neutrals gone for Carlton?

Cripps
Curnow
Setterfield
Murphy
Martin
Walsh
Dow
Kennedy

SPS, Cuningham, Gibbons, LOB, Stocker, Philip, Kemp
Seen numerous Carlton fans rattle these names off almost to the point where some sort of golden dawn of success being on the horizon is implied.

It’s certainly not the worst list going around however I honestly can’t see a serious tilt at a flag coming out of that crop of players at any point in the future.

Seen numerous Carlton fans rattle these names off almost to the point where some sort of golden dawn of success being on the horizon is implied.

It’s certainly not the worst list going around however I honestly can’t see a serious tilt at a flag at any point in the future coming out of that crop.
I agree need to get in some quality players the current list will not be enough

Kind of sickening how much joy the squirming of Blues fans in this thread is giving me
Freo are a long way from being better than Carlton...this jerkfest brought on by one of your failed coaches is cute to watch. the simple fact is Freo just don't have success ..ever..period .. even the other franchise clubs are closer to a flag than the purple shockers. just accept it and move on

1. I barrack for neither Carlton nor Fremantle. By the strictest definition, I am a neutral.
2. Happy to be excluded as a neutral, I'll add a key word to my question: 'Have any OTHER neutrals gone for Carlton?'
You are as neutral as i will be watching the pies fail in yet another finals campaign

Kind of sickening how much joy the squirming of Blues fans in this thread is giving me

Kind of sickening how you would come to such a generalisation.

Yes the insecurity of blues fans in here is mildly amusing

Insecure about what exactly?

If you ask me, I couldn't give a single fudge about opinions or votes surrounding which team is 'closer' to a flag.

The smartest people would know the answer already, and that is "NOBODY HAS A DAMN CLUE!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo are a long way from being better than Carlton...this jerkfest brought on by one of your failed coaches is cute to watch. the simple fact is Freo just don't have success ..ever..period .. even the other franchise clubs are closer to a flag than the purple shockers. just accept it and move on
Considering you’ve made finals 4 times in 20 years I’d say this is a case of pot kettle black.

Freo certainly have a great spread of talent, young and old. Plenty of reasons to be bullish.

Given Carlton’s recent history and the vitriol that comes with being one of the traditional big 4, it’s understandable why most would have Freo ahead.

One advantage Carlton probably has is the ability to be a destination for mature talent via trade/FA. In the post expansion era, we’ve seen these sorts of recruits catalyse strong pushes up the ladder and play important roles in premiership campaigns.

Hawthorn 2013-2015 era: Burgoyne, Hale, Gibson and Lake.

For Richmond 2017-onwards: Prestia, Caddy, Nankervis and Lynch.

I think Cripps, Walsh, Weitering, Docherty, Curnow and McKay is a really solid core to add some quality mature talent to.

Curnow and McKay must become consistent performers instead of floating in and out of games and seasons though.

Agree. I can't believe there's even a discussion.

Have any neutrals gone for Carlton?

Wow! Who elected you 'voice of the neutrals'?

I believe your history speaks against you Fadge.

Do keep going 'cause we are most amused.

It’s certainly not the worst list going around however I honestly can’t see a serious tilt at a flag coming out of that crop of players at any point in the future.

Okay Nostradamus.

All jokes aside, perhaps the same was said about Richmond before they brought in Caddy, Nankervis and Prestia and went all the way in 2017.

I'm not saying blues are a chance. After all, recent history does prove to be unkind to them.
But if I learnt anything, all things both good and bad eventually come to an end. It only becomes a question of 'when'.

Okay Nostradamus.

All jokes aside, perhaps the same was said about Richmond before they brought in Caddy, Nankervis and Prestia and went all the way in 2017.

I'm not saying blues are a chance. After all, recent history does prove to be unkind to them.
But if I learnt anything, all things both good and bad eventually come to an end. It only becomes a question of 'when'.
Just my opinion mate. List as it stands doesn’t have the makings of a Varsity athlete.

My history speaks against me, despite being consistently right about Carlton since my join date in 2009?

OK then.

I'll give Carlton credit when it is due.

They are nowhere near it.

Nice to learn you have some self-esteem.

But I don't think such things as personal prejudice and stating the obvious always see you as being "consistently right". Especially the former.

look at the way you are squirming it's hilarious

Another concerning thing for Carlton is the sheer amount of injury prone players. Cripps, Doch, McMuffin, Curnow junior, Martin, Cunn, the gws rejects, now Williams.

I am concerned about williams, I don’t know why anyone would want to go to Carlton other than for a paycheck, which is what he’s done. he should have gone to the Saints for slightly less, plus getting paid to play finals and realistic chance to contest a flag

Back