Who's closer to their next premiership: Carlton or Freo?

Is Carlton or Freo closer to their next flag?

• Carlton

Votes: 102 33.7%
  • Freo

Votes: 169 55.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 32 10.6%

• Total voters
Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
KPPs or forwards? Because Pearce, Logue, Ryan, Cox and Young are far better defenders than Carltons group. They obviously have us beaten for young forwards......easily
Oh boy, apparnetly I have to explain this.

Ryan isn't a KPD. Filling a role because of injuries doesn't permanent change your position.

Does Walsh impact games like Cerra and Serong? Not sure, though Walsh is more consistent at the moment.

Will Walsh be better than them in the future? Honestly not sure, but I'm confident in saying Cerra and Serong will hurt teams more than Walsh
You have confused yourself. You are the guy who brought up Ryan to claim you had better young KPP stocks.

Do you know what KPP stands for?

If he's a KPP hes undersized. If hes not a KPP then why did you bring him up?

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
You have confised yourself. You are the guy who brought up Ryan to claim you had better young KPP stocks.

Do you know what KPP stands for?

If he's a KPP hes undersized. If hes not a KPP then why did you bring him up?
This has been explained multiple times sir, I'm sorry that you don't understand.

But I'll play along once more. Our undersized defender, who had to fill in as a KPD, beat Weitering in the All Australian team. So maybe......our undersized, not even full time "KPD" is better than your actual KPD?

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
This has been explained multiple times sir, I'm sorry that you don't understand.

But I'll play along once more. Our undersized defender, who had to fill in as a KPD, beat Weitering in the All Australian team. So maybe......our undersized, not even full time "KPD" is better than your actual KPD?
Do you often contradict yourself or is it more of a recent thing.

If hes competing with Weitering then he's an undersized KPD. You can't have it both ways.

This sort of confused thinking and lack of understanding is why you're the only non-expansion club still without a single premiership...let alone the "next" one.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle

If hes competing with Weitering then he's an undersized KPD. You can't have it both ways.

This sort of confused thinking and lack of understanding is why you're the only non-expansion club still without a single premiership...let alone the "next" one.
Gotta love your logic. "My team is more successful than yours, therefore I'm smarter than you and your clubs failures means your fans know nothing".

So much irony in your above post, but I just can't handle you anymore. Have a good night dude

BigFatNorthFan

Senior List
Oct 9, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You clearly don't watch much freo nor value intercept marking and kicking. Besides Weitering, who else do Carlton have?

Also, 25 is old?

It's not young. My rule of thumb is 18-23 is young, 24-29 is prime age, 30+ are vets. On that basis I wouldn't count Pearce or Ryan. Logue and Cox have some promise but neither holds a candle to Weitering at present. Simple as that.

FairKouta

Premiership Player
Aug 3, 2016
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Carlton
Petracca has a point of difference, but not Fyfe? Genuine question, not being a smartass, just curious as to how?

Are you suggesting Petracca’s point of differences will make him a better player than Fyfe when they both retire?
Both powerful fyfe aerially superior, however fyfe just can’t kick goals in the way petrecca buddy GAJ can they are finishers. Judd had the burst and during his westcoast days they had to change the game to contain him with the congestion.
the finishing is what lets down fyfe and the cripps sort. Maybe petrecca wasn’t a good example because he doesn’t have a tank yet so there is that but you know what i mean.

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Both powerful fyfe aerially superior, however fyfe just can’t kick goals in the way petrecca buddy GAJ can they are finishers. Judd had the burst and during his westcoast days they had to change the game to contain him with the congestion.
the finishing is what lets down fyfe and the cripps sort. Maybe petrecca wasn’t a good example because he doesn’t have a tank yet so there is that but you know what i mean.
Your analysis is anchored to the distant past - for both Fyfe and Petracca. Guess what? - Petracca now has an adequate tank and Fyfe has improved his disposal efficiency and set shot % since that 2013 GF which most non-supporters hark back to when discussing Fyfe.

Oh - and contested marks are quite a useful thing!

FairKouta

Premiership Player
Aug 3, 2016
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Carlton
Your analysis is anchored to the distant past - for both Fyfe and Petracca. Guess what? - Petracca now has an adequate tank and Fyfe has improved his disposal efficiency and set shot % since that 2013 GF which most non-supporters hark back to when discussing Fyfe.

Oh - and contested marks are quite a useful thing!
Fyfe is not in the same class as buddy and co.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings

Do you often fabricate baseless drivel, anchored in no apparent fact, or is this the first time? Lol.
P.S the above sentence requires a question mark, genius!

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
What are you on about?

Ryan is small for a KPD. How is he not undersized?

You can dispute how much better Walsh is than your young mids, but theres no question that he IS better. The question is by how much.
Our young mids can spread the load. Don’t forget we had Darcy Tucker missing for most of the season and he was my tip for a breakout this year. I’d take depth of talent over a standout mid.
Walsh was a better junior than our mids, hence why he was a number 1 pick. The question is does he have as much upside and which of your other young mids will stand up with him going forward?

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
You clearly don't watch much freo nor value intercept marking and kicking. Besides Weitering, who else do Carlton have?

Also, 25 is old?
Ummmm....
The only area you probably have us covered this year is rebound 50s (last pic), which is more your HBFers anyway (you also had Nathan Wilson ranked 22nd), but we had Newman missing most of the year and SPS learning the role.
And we still have Marchbank to come back, who is an intercept type player too (averaged 6 intercepts in 2019).

1601955120328.png
1601954472927.png

1601954559700.png

1601954612634.png

1601954708625.png

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
Freo easily.
Fyfe is a champion of the game and Longmuir really surprised me this year,means business.

I think they will rise up next year.
I think there's a bit to be garnered from this. Quarters won for the year.
Carlton equal 4th with 39 quarters won (Freo were 14th with 26 quarters won - I couldn't fit them on the screen). We all know Carlton's issues this year with 1 blowout quarter letting a team out to an early lead, letting them back in the game, or just killing our chances, but it's a promising sign for next year. That combined with the fact that we had the lowest average losing margin in the league.

We had Cripps playing injured most of the year, missed Kreuzer, Newman, Curnow, Silvagni and Marchbank. Fisher only played 8 games. McKay only 13. McGovern only 12.
Also didn't get a chance to get any games into Kemp, so he's virtually a new recruit.
Some are looking at our similar win/loss and percentages as a guide that we're fairly evenly matched.

I can't speak for Freo's injury issues, but I'd say this info tips the scales in Carlton's favour.
1601955362327.png

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think there's a bit to be garnered from this. Quarters won for the year.
Carlton equal 4th with 39 quarters won (Freo were 14th with 26 quarters won - I couldn't fit them on the screen). We all know Carlton's issues this year with 1 blowout quarter letting a team out to an early lead, letting them back in the game, or just killing our chances, but it's a promising sign for next year. That combined with the fact that we had the lowest average losing margin in the league.

We had Cripps playing injured most of the year, missed Kreuzer, Newman, Curnow, Silvagni and Marchbank. Fisher only played 8 games. McKay only 13. McGovern only 12.
Also didn't get a chance to get any games into Kemp, so he's virtually a new recruit.
Some are looking at our similar win/loss and percentages as a guide that we're fairly evenly matched.

I can't speak for Freo's injury issues, but I'd say this info tips the scales in Carlton's favour.
View attachment 978702
Gotta give you guys credit, you sure do look for and wide to find positives to take out of a season...

Back