Who's closer to their next premiership: Carlton or Freo?

Is Carlton or Freo closer to their next flag?

• Carlton

Votes: 102 33.7%
  • Freo

Votes: 169 55.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 32 10.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure, but we didn't do that. We only beat 3 teams above us and none in the top 4. We beat the entire bottom 4. That's standard issue just not good enough, not inconsistency.

Ah yes. Yeah I guess the media always talks the Dockers up after a win some get their hopes up. Tbh little about their season impressed me. I wouldn't mind seeing them be a bit more competitive.

Ah yes. Yeah I guess the media always talks the Dockers up after a win some get their hopes up. Tbh little about their season impressed me. I wouldn't mind seeing them be a bit more competitive.
We were plenty competitive enough, we just lacked the class to finish the job. Only three games we weren't in were you, Cats and Dogs and I forgive the last because they clearly had a bunch more to play for than us.

Media doesn't talk about us at all from where I sit. I live in QLD where you are lucky to hear about the Lions or Suns and mostly consume Vic media where we don't feature almost ever.

The good news for Freo is impressing you doesn't effect success. Tbh, I get the feeling you didn't watch us much and if you did, you weren't paying much attention.

Yep, I'm with you as far as our AFLW womens team goes.

This thread is just a pissing contest because I think a fair few of us weren't very happy that one of your supporters started a stupid thread questioning our direction. Laughable considering one or two dodgy umpiring decisions is what split our teams on the ladder this year and the Carlton rebuild has been going a lot longer. It wasn't going to end well as far as having a rational discussion given that.
Don’t forget the 3 frees to Taberner that weren’t frees that gave you that lead in the first place.

Had Curnow played 2020 I’d argue we’d already be playing finals. But that’s all hypothetical. Let’s see how Curnow, Williams, Saad and Kemp help us next year.
Kemp is coming back from an acl at 18 look how long its taken setters get right next year is not it. Saad is Simmo just faster with less ball skills. You forget we lose one too williams is great but his not a list mover. We still have a long way to go and curnows knee will probably still impact is first few weeks we need to draft still too atleast one or 2 good kids... and we need serious improvement from our 2017 draftees next year. We need to nail another mid like wines or Oliver plenty of outside need some grunt but I believe Kennedy can do it but clocks ticking. Though Newman back will be huge

Correct.

Quiz Show Yes GIF by youngest media

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only one Coleman medalist last year and when we played Freo you would've seen a team that's building.

Unsurprisingly Freo didn’t get a lot of credit for finishing 5th with the 4 or 5th youngest list , it’s not the be all and end all but there would of been a lot more pop if some other clubs had done the same thing

Young team , couple of finals under our belt

Doesn’t guarantee anything of course but logic says we’re as good a chance as anyone to show the most improvement out of any team this year

Unsurprisingly Freo didn’t get a lot of credit for finishing 5th with the 4 or 5th youngest list , it’s not the be all and end all but there would of been a lot more pop if some other clubs had done the same thing

Young team , couple of finals under our belt

Doesn’t guarantee anything of course but logic says we’re as good a chance to show the most improvement out of any team this year
Agree mate plus you have a decent coach, i have no problem saying you'll be around the mark this season.

Remind me how that game was going before Pittonet and McKay went down injured?
Irrelevant.... Injuries happen. I might as well talk about freos 2011 and 2016 seasons if we are gonna talk about freos injuries.

While we are at it, might as well talk about those fluke wins Carlton got in Perth vs Freo in 2019 and 2021

Back