Who's closer to their next premiership: Carlton or Freo?

Is Carlton or Freo closer to their next flag?

• Carlton

Votes: 102 33.7%
  • Freo

Votes: 169 55.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 32 10.6%

• Total voters
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Well considering Freo hasnt won one yet it cant be them can it?

Who is closer to their NEXT premeriership?

Freo will break the heart of their supporters again.

After Brayshaw, Serong and Jackson there's a group of aging stars such as Fyfe, Walters, O'Mera and Pearce with their best behind them. Still havent found the tall forwards they need unlike Carlton with McKay and Curnow. Amiss 19 may be one but he needs support.

A lot of unproven potential at Freo but the list has holes.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle

After Brayshaw, Serong and Jackson there's a group of aging stars such as Fyfe, Walters, O'Mera and Pearce with their best behind them. Still havent found the tall forwards they need unlike Carlton with McKay and Curnow. Amiss 19 may be one but he needs support.

This is so lazy I am not sure it even counts as trolling. Lift.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
This is so lazy I am not sure it even counts as trolling. Lift.

Lazy is your response.

Freo's forward line is as thin as toilet paper and everyone know's it.

Feel free to list your best 7-8 forwards.

After Brayshaw, Jackson and Serong list your next best 10 players

That tells everthing that matters.

I'm betting you wont. Too lazy.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Freo have a terrific young list. The inclusion of Jackson is going to be immense. He and Darcy will be the best ruck duo for the next decade.

Feels like they will be playing in a grand final sooner than what Carlton will.

mayne man

Senior List
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle

Alex Pearce is only 27 and is not past his prime and We don’t heavily rely on Fyfe, walters and o’meara!

We have a group of quality youngsters in Bradshaw, serong, Brodie, Jackson, Darcy, Chapman, cox, Clark, young and Frederick that played a big part for freo last year.

Then we have amiss, treacy, o’Driscoll and walker that have shown great potential at afl level

it is the quality and depth of freo’s youngsters mixed with some experience players that have freo fans excited!

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lazy is your response.

Freo's forward line is as thin as toilet paper and everyone know's it.

Feel free to list your best 7-8 forwards.

After Brayshaw, Jackson and Serong list your next best 10 players

That tells everthing that matters.

I'm betting you wont. Too lazy.

Your original post is trash. Putting JOM in there as if his decline will lead to a drop off in performance when he's never played for us is just stupid and everyone can see it is.

Put something decent up and we can have a discussion.

Last edited:
May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers

Actually Freo might have the tall forwards they need. One kicked 2 goals in his 2nd ever game in an Elim final win vs the dogs in 2022

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Your original post is trash. Putting JOM in there as if his decline will lead to a drop off in performance when he's never played for us is just stupid and everyone can see it is.

Put something decent up and we can have a discussion.

O'Mera I said is in the top 13 players at Freo but his best football is behind him as is the case with several other players like Walters, Pearce and Fyfe.

Thats what I posted. Is that such a outlandish point of view? Really?

You dissagree?

PS Still waiting for a Freo poster to list Freo's best 13 players.

The silence remains defening. Wonder why.?

element

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2007
Melb
AFL Club
West Coast
WC won a flag with the Q stick and a ranga (oh and huntaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa) carrying the forward line. Freo will go deep again in 23.

Carlton although making progress since the spoon... just can't seem to put it all together and break into the 8.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Carlton should be with their spine Weitering, Curnow, McKay and their midfield core - Walsh Cripps Cerra - some top 10 and potential top 10 players in the comp there - but can Voss coach a team.

As would be expected, he improved their win/loss record and got them so close to the finals in 2022 that it was only a late goal by Elliot that saw them finish 9th - but now he has to resurrect the players mentally after choking in the last 2 home and away games as well as teach them consistency.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
O'Mera I said is in the top 13 players at Freo but his best football is behind him as is the case with several other players like Walters, Pearce and Fyfe.

You dissagree?

I disagree that Pearce is past his best, but perhaps there are durability concerns.

JOM is a reasonable replacement for Mundy, but I agree that Walters and Fyfe are past their best, but can still turn a game. Taberner is also a concern now with his durability

I don't see them as top 4, but should make the 8 if their depth isn't tested.

Last edited:
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle

You dissagree?

Did you watch us play in 2022?

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Alex Pearce is only 27 and is not past his prime and We don’t heavily rely on Fyfe, walters and o’meara!

We have a group of quality youngsters in Bradshaw, serong, Brodie, Jackson, Darcy, Chapman, cox, Clark, young and Frederick that played a big part for freo last year.

Then we have amiss, treacy, o’Driscoll and walker that have shown great potential at afl level

it is the quality and depth of freo’s youngsters mixed with some experience players that have freo fans excited!

Decent post. I did think Pearce was older, his injury history clouded that thought. So how far behind list wise (how many drafts) are the Eagles realisticly?

And lets compare that list

1. Pearce - Barrass - both 27
2. Fyfe and O'Mera > Shuey and Gaff. All 4 over 30.
3.Walters - Cripps > both over 30
4. Brayshay and Serong > Kelly and Yeo. Freo winning here but Kelly and Yeo at 27/28 arent done.
5. Jackson. - Oscar Allen. One a better ruck one a better forward.
6. Darcy - Naitanui. Nic back in match sim training. Darcy younger. Both tend to pick up injuries, tough role.
7. Chapman and Cox. Solid defenders. So are Duggan and Cole at 26. Injury issues with both though.
8. Clark and Young. Hough and Hunt. Freo again in front here just. Hough ia a player to watch. Chesser also.
9. Frederick - Ryan. Ryan a better forward with morehurt factor.
10. Brodie - Sheed. Sheed looking fit and over the ankle.

So far I have Freo ahead but not by as much as most think.

Decent Eagles players not yet mentioned. Darling, McGovern and Hurn ( last year we know).

You didnt mention Ryan who is pretty good.

Then its the youth with potential.

Treacy, Johnson, Errasmus, O'Driscol, Amiss and Walker.

Eagles B Williams, J Williams, H Edwards, Jamison, Chesser, Ginbey, Hewett, Barnett and Burgeil.

The talls are even, the mids Freo ahead by two years development.

2023 draft Eagles have over three times the draft capital Freo has so will be bridging the gap in quality youth pretty quickly.

Then its Freo being a couple more years development ahead ofthe Eagles draftees.

So by 2025 I can see the two lists overall being pretty close. Unavailability of one or two key players will swing the odds either way. Freo lose a Serong, Young or Brayshaw to the circling Vics its back to square 1 and the draft.

The point overall. Freo's list isnt miles ahead, it is realisically two drafts and some luck with injuries seperating the two lists.

Back