Who's going to AFLW Sat night 9/2/19?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, I'm old . A great night was had by all. Especially the guy next to me who stripped down to his jocks during nude school.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
You just had to add that detail as I was eating dinner, didn't you?:eek:

When I saw them run out onto the oval all I saw was the red, white and blue. That's good enough for me.

Another goal! Percentage! LOL

And Blackburn scores!

It was a good night but not great. That bloody wind was cold. Now we own some land at the Geelong road end, a great big westerly wind blocking grandstand would be fantastic. I love the Whitten Oval and it’s perfect for women’s footy. It has character and a great carnival atmosphere. It’s never looked better. But nearly all viewing (seating and standing) is set back far from the oval. So we don’t get the best view and it loses atmosphere during play. At Geelong last week it had way more atmosphere in play but less around the ground. Things I hope they think about when planing next development.

Well, I thought it was an excellent evening starting with the result. It was a bit cooler but still pleasant, the hill at the Geelong Rd end where I parked meself was dry for all the fans to sit on. There were moments which brought everyone to their feet like a few top marks close to the goal line from long kicks and a couple of good snaps.

Loved the game, love the atmosphere. Kids loved it, bumped into friends from school. Lots of catering. I'll be going again.

What a shame all the momentum of the 1st two weeks is lost with no games in Melbourne this coming week

Part of the blame should go to the franchise award to the North Melbourne Football Club, who play 67% of their home games in Tasmania - why not just award the franchise to Tasmania - they have been begging to be included in the big time for years.

Part of the blame should go to the franchise award to the North Melbourne Football Club, who play 67% of their home games in Tasmania - why not just award the franchise to Tasmania - they have been begging to be included in the big time for years.

And to make matters worse, it's not on free to air on Friday night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back