Prediction Who's going to be gone before 2024?

Who won't be on the Saints list in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
Simple question - who won't still be on the list next year? Whether retirement or trade or delisting or whatever.

Poll only allows 25 options so I had to make some editorial decisions about who we'll definitely keep:

• Stalwarts: Butler, Crouch, Higgins, King, Marshall, Sinclair, Steele, Webster, Wilkie
  • Promising youngsters: Caminiti, Owens, Phillipou, Wanganeen-Milera, Windhager
  • Recent draftees: Heath, Hotton, Keeler, McLennan, Van Es

I’m onboard now after his breakout game against the Hawks.

0rKOK71.gif

Josh Battle has just re-signed so he wont be going anywhere at least . Does Howard have a contract ?

Was just listening to the 'Gettable' podcast with Cal Twomey and Riley Beveridge - made mention of couple of obvious ones like Gresh leaving, but also Coffield leaving (which surprised me considering he's simply just had an awful run of injuries), and Membrey being a potential target.
yeah i was surprised they mentioned Coffield . If my memory is right he was playing just before he got injured.
Also with Membrey i suppose the thinking is there might not be a spot for him when King comes back .

yeah i was surprised they mentioned Coffield . If my memory is right he was playing just before he got injured.

Coff did his knee in pre-season 2022. In 2021 he played most of the games but wasn't particularly good, averaged 14 touches and his only coaches votes were 2 in the last game of the year. Played 3 games for Sandy. He was supposed to be flying in pre-season 2022 before he got injured.

Coff did his knee in pre-season 2022. In 2021 he played most of the games but wasn't particularly good, averaged 14 touches and his only coaches votes were 2 in the last game of the year. Played 3 games for Sandy. He was supposed to be flying in pre-season 2022 before he got injured.
Thats what i remember , the fact that they said he was flying pre-season .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw him up close this pre season - was moving nicely, quicker than you think over first 5 metres, nice disposal and good size.

Then derailed by typical post ACL injuries (hammy & calf).

Really think he could be something under RTB.
Think Coff could easily play the Sam Fisher role.
Would love a intercepting rebound defender

Current verdict

30+: Connolly (31), Gresham (30)
25+: Highmore (28), McKenzie (27)
20+: Bytel (23), Campbell (23)
15+:
10+: Jones (13)
5+: Allison (8), Billings (8), Membrey (8), Howard (7), Clark (6)
1+: Adams (4), Paton (4), Ross (2), Coffield (1), Hayes (1), Peris (1), Sharman (1)
0: Battle, Byrnes, Cordy, Hill, Stocker, Wood

NWM the upgraded Gram role oooh yeah.
Defence and forwards are looking really good just need to build that midfield depth.
Owens, Windy, Pou becoming A grade mids could really make us a contender
Add Sinclair to the mids and it makes a big difference.
I used to love Grammy. Running down from defence and bombing goals from 50. If we can get NAS to start doing that anything is possible.

I’d be very surprised if we let him go.

Good exercise. I think with RTB as coach you have to think in terms of the type of players he favors - hard working role players. For me that puts Gresham and Billings firmly on the chopping board with the added bonus that there is probably some limited trade value attached to them.

There will be the usual culls of players just not expected to make it or have gone past their use by date - maybe MacKezie, Highmore, Connolly.

Yep, I watched a lot of the training at Sandy oval that year and Coff was one of the stand outs. Was marking everything, looked really fit. I think I posted that 2022 would be his break out year. Hopefully he can find that again.

Back