Rumour Who's going to the GC?

Remove this Banner Ad

ablett is not "behaving" like a man who intends to stay.

he has no motivation to draw it out as both parties have said there is no more cash.

after all, think of the boost he'd give his team right now if he said i am staying?

Yeah I've been on that for ages. Bar some sort of flimsy, "strategic" move to announce his re-signing in the week leading up to a crunch finals contest, there's nothing to be gained by player or club in delaying the commitment.

I've been on the "Ablett will re-sign with Geelong" bandwagon from the start, I may as well ride it out :eek: It's certainly one of the more lonely bandwagons I've been on though :eek:
I've been on that bandwagon as well Stabby, even though I'm starting to have my doubts. Still I think it would be a great football story if he turned down the cash and stayed true to Geelong.

The offers he has on the table from both clubs have been the same for a while ago, and won't get sweeter.

He's waiting until he has no more commitment to Geelong to announce.

I really hope he hypes a massive interview and declares:

"oh boy, this is tough, i'm taking my talent to Surfer's paradise to play for the Gold Coast Suns"

ablett is not "behaving" like a man who intends to stay.

he has no motivation to draw it out as both parties have said there is no more cash.

after all, think of the boost he'd give his team right now if he said i am staying?

I agree with you, and all evidence points to his leaving :eek:

I'm just riding this one out to the bitter end, even though if I'm honest with myself I've given up hope of being correct :eek:

I agree with you, and all evidence points to his leaving :eek:

I'm just riding this one out to the bitter end, even though if I'm honest with myself I've given up hope of being correct :eek:

Crow-mo's right about him not behaving like a player who is staying, so you are probably sunk. :p

However, if you want a straw to clutch to, what about the Pav scenario - save up your committing message for the week it can do the most good?

By this scenario Ablett won't make the announcement until the prelim, or perhaps even the GF? In his Brownlow acceptance speech, perhaps? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back