Who's got you excited for 2012?

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel the same way... yet... Devil's Advocate here... he's topped 20 games only 4 times in 9 years, and not since 2008. And his best goal tally is 36.

If we're relying on Waite to have a massive career-best (by a big margin)... I hope we have good backup plans, too.

Waite doesn't need to kick more than 25-35goals to be a bonus. .. Its his marking, linking and taking the No.1 key defender that we sorely miss when he is not there. ..

The slimmed down Judd.

I have a feeling he is gearing for a more outside/ WCE type role again.

Ellard and Robbo to take more of the inside grunt work.

I swear we say this every year and every year I see no significant change in his play style. Let the man do what he does best I say; winning the hardball.

I swear we say this every year and every year I see no significant change in his play style. Let the man do what he does best I say; winning the hardball.

WCE Judd was a very different beast to Carlton Judd.

I had the pleasure of watching him play for the eagles (weekly) when I lived in Perth, and (post groin opp) he was a very different player.

I reckon he's gearing up for a slightly more balanced approach between the two.

I am really hoping that they give Casboult a shot in the Nab Cup. I had a brief look at him last year in the 2's and he fricken marked everything that came near him. Would be good to see how he handles the step up in class.

looking forward to seening, Waite, Touhy, Henderson, Curnow, Lucas, Bower, Kreuzer, Gibbs, Yarran, Robinson and Murphy in 2012. I recon they will all be much improved for various reasons. Will be good to see what Rowe can do too.

Has to be Lucas. Just feel he is the guy that we really needed firing last year (I hate you injuries to our blueboys)...

I just can't help but think, if Lucas was fit last year and if Waite, Gibbs and Kreuzer were good to go in the final against WCE, we could have gone even further. Add Russell to that discussion and 17 was a big possibility in 2011.

It is scary to think how good we could be in a few years time if we can hold this group together. Yarran will be a star!!! (maybe he already is?) :)

PS I'm excited by Goddard in 2013...

Really looking for Yarran to continue to improve at a great rate of knots, Waite to have one of his best seasons if he stays on the park, Henderson to be a colossus down back, Lucas to come on, and Tuohy to cement a spot.

Excitement wise, love Walks, Waite, Yazz and Zach.

Hoping Murph can at least stay the same as last year and Gibbsy has an incremental improvement. Also praying that Hammer stands up as a forward. Would love for him to become a regular with those attributes.

Rob Walls says throw him in the ruck!

Has merit...:thumbsu:

Chris Judd = 189cms
Big Nick = 189cms

Of course there is the difference of two tree trunks and a ~17kg weight diff. :)

Both in the AFL team of the century - Big Nick in the current one, Chris Judd in the yet to be released 21st century version...:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suffice to say, big Matty Kruezer. Big year ahead.

Special mentions to Yazza and Sugar. Will only deepen our powerful midfield.

Can't bloody wait for the season to start.

Has to be Lucas. Just feel he is the guy that we really needed firing last year (I hate you injuries to our blueboys)...

I just can't help but think, if Lucas was fit last year and if Waite, Gibbs and Kreuzer were good to go in the final against WCE, we could have gone even further. Add Russell to that discussion and 17 was a big possibility in 2011.

It is scary to think how good we could be in a few years time if we can hold this group together. Yarran will be a star!!! (maybe he already is?) :)

PS I'm excited by Goddard in 2013...

Gooddard will be at GWS next year... not Carlton.
Take that to the bank!

Yeah I deposited it next to my Swann, Sticks and Ratts would all be sacked tip you gave us last year. :eek:

Ah yes, .. noone said Ratts was leaving cos his mate Emperor Sticks will protect him.
As for Swann he came within a bees nick .. and a few people dont want him still.
Its a shame Cook stayed at Geelong.

By the way...

Between Cook and Sticks .. how are we going for membership.. sponsorship and turn over???
Doing a great job those two.
Wouldnt say theyre blasting their way into dizzy heights.

Goddard wont be at Carlton next year.. salary cap is already chocka block!!

Yes TODB, I reckon youre a very good judge there. Hendo could be all aussie in a few years, Zac and Kane could be anything aswell. My problem is this, does Ratts know who his good players are? First game against WCoast in 2011 left me wondering.

Yes TODB, I reckon youre a very good judge there. Hendo could be all aussie in a few years, Zac and Kane could be anything aswell. My problem is this, does Ratts know who his good players are? First game against WCoast in 2011 left me wondering.

It left me wondering how injuries can hurt any team, no matter how good you are. AA fullback goes down in the first, and any team is in trouble.
Ratts will be fine.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to give their reasons why Goddard won't be with us in 2013. Fact is, none of us know what is around the corner.

Yaz, Lucas and Gibbs for mine are the people I believe with step up, again and again... :thumbsu:

Well, hopefully Brock does get another contract, but I can't see that happening - so that will free up a significant chunk, whatever we decide to do with it.

The salary cap itself will also grow, as Judd's contract ends.

Does Judd get payed more or less?
Do players expect their 3% (?) increases?

Indeed, far too many permutations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back