Review Who's in worse shape? AFC or Cricket Australia?

Who's in worse shape?

• AFC

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Cricket Australia

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1achie

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
So after the Saturday from hell where the Crows, Aus Cricket Team and Wallabies all lost, I stooped so low as to put some money on the Port Magpies to beat my Blues in the belief that at least I'd have a win either way and break the hoodoo. After Sturt snatched defeat from the jaws of victory I at least consoled myself that the $2.70 for Port were pretty good odds for a sure thing and that at least the hoodoo might have been broken.
Until I awoke this morning to see that Eddie has pinged his hamstring and will be out for a month and that the other rabble of a team that I support were belted by a record margin by the Poms. That's right, the team that lost to bloody Scotland only 10 days ago just belted our Aluminium Oxide Artisans by a whopping 242 runs.
So I put it to you good people of BigFooty. Who's in worse shape? The Adelaide Footy Club or Cricket Australia?

We are.

At least the Aussie cricket team has acknowledged problems, rolled some heads and is now regrouping.

We haven't hit bottom yet.
You make some very good points. Particularly about the rolling heads.
I get the feeling that the Crows might be able to turn it around quicker though. If we make the right choices in the off season there's no reason why we can't be right up the pointy end in 2019. The Aussie cricket team I reckon will take years to recover.

You make some very good points. Particularly about the rolling heads.
I get the feeling that the Crows might be able to turn it around quicker though. If we make the right choices in the off season there's no reason why we can't be right up the pointy end in 2019. The Aussie cricket team I reckon will take years to recover.

I don't disagree, AFC might have a smaller parabola but are further back on it.

Depends on what talent leaves this year. If it's heaps then reload at the draft and hope for a speedy recovery.

The footy show just spent more time on the Crows current hamstring epidemic and the CM debacle than all the AFC AirPlay for the last ten years. There was a laughing stock to the whole segment. Only Todd Viney said something positive about the mental side of footy.
Chapman will be on the show next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both AFC and Cricket Australia have ruined the seemingly unruinable. That said:
  • Women's Cricket is hitting new heights, where AFC seem to have spread the contagion of the mens team to the womens (+1 Cricket)
  • Cricket Australia have just severed a relationship with a network providing terrible coverage. AFC retain media sycophants in some areas, lack of respect in others (+1 Cricket)
  • Twenty/20 in good health. Adelaide win AFLX (equal, -1 AFL)
Cricket wins

So who thinks this DRS looks dodgy? I saw it last night and took a snap and drew a straight line. Doesn't look right to me

View attachment 515263
The ball can swing/drift after bouncing. plus there is a thing called 'gravity'.

The problem I have with this DRS call is that the original decision was out, meaning DRS only had to show half the ball hitting. The line I drew (from bounce to impact) seems to suggest half the ball would have hit, but the predicted line deviates away from the stumps. England went on to score 6000 runs...

Back