Prediction Who's likely to be delisted/ traded?

Who's likely to be delisted or traded at the end of 2019?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
We trimmed the paying list quite a bit last year and as usual there are a number of players that are under pressure to retain their spot. The small forwards will be looked at as we have quite a few.We seem to have a lot of small players in general.I think two of Chol ,Moore and Miller will go also.

• Banned
My god. This side 24 months ago won us a flag, 4 games ago had us 2 games clear on top of the ladder. Now due to injuries and losing two games we start a thread like this ?

Its true what they say, only in the hard times does true character shine through lol.

PS. I vote Brandon Ellis :p
I did the same thread last year, this year it has started earlier than usual I'll grant you that.It's not season over, but Rance is not replaceable. I can't think of many players that would be worse for any club to lose. Cripps ,Fyfe, Dusty, Franklin maybe but Tom Michell hasn't ruined Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Ellis will definitely be playing somewhere else next season and will be the best move for him and the club
I rate him as a player but he’s definitely stagnated past few seasons and seems to need a fresh start

As my Smokey and probably unpopular opinion I think Astbury should be put out there to see if we can get a decent pick for him from a club who needs a key back
With Balta developing nicely I would like him to take the spot behind Rance as our 2nd tall and grow into the position

Ellis needs to study a tape of Gaff. Work hard and get to the spots you're needed. If he can work that out this year he can become extremely valuable.
Menadue should also get his last chance this year. Markov also. Both have speed and reasonable height which is what our team needs if they can just make it click.

I think Ellis will definitely be playing somewhere else next season and will be the best move for him and the club
I rate him as a player but he’s definitely stagnated past few seasons and seems to need a fresh start

As my Smokey and probably unpopular opinion I think Astbury should be put out there to see if we can get a decent pick for him from a club who needs a key back
With Balta developing nicely I would like him to take the spot behind Rance as our 2nd tall and grow into the position
Astbury tries hard but he doesn't look that good without Rance helping him.He can lock down and spoil, but is slow and not great when the ball hits the deck.Ibwould trade him for an established midfielder.

I like Houli and Grigg as players but they are too injury prone at the moment.

Ellis to leave as a free agent. Hopefully get an end of first round pick. Trade that with next year's first for Hopper.
Trade Short, some dumb club might give us a 2020 second-rounder to help pay for MoJu.
Callum Moore will seek a trade if he can't break into the side. He'd get a game at quite a few clubs.
Maybe Grigg retires.
Open to trading Astbury but highly doubt it happens.
Delist Weller, Aarts and probs Towner.

We've had a few more games to look at the kids and a couple of players seem to have become more expendable/tradeable

Ellis if he chooses to leave is increasing in trade value
Short might have had his place permanently taken by Stack
Shaun Grigg might have been permanently displaced by Balta
Soldo...Balta and Coleman-Jones...gone
Butler...I can't see who he comes in for or displaces. Baker looks three times the player he was when he was dropped and both Bolton and Castagna are way ahead I would have thought in the pecking order. Could be trade bait and may need a new start

Houli might have an extra year in him because I thought 2019 was definitely it for him

Moore, it's hard to see who he comes in for and where he plays
Markov injured and will be a long road back to try and force his way back in
Menadue, I hope they hold onto him but would not be the least surprised if he goes.

This all before even RCD and Fraser Turner having an impact. Anyhow hope they are aggressive in offloading fringe players as they were last year. Even if all you get are some picks in the 40's and 50's, just do your homework and get lucky with one like Jack Ross and it's all been worthwhile. The payoff is definitely worth the gamble.

Delist - Alex Rance - Will never be the same after the knee operation
Delist - Trent Cotchin - Soft tissue injuries are starting to take its toll
Trade - Dustin Martin - Need to try to trade this bloke, Earning way too much and we got dooped into a big contract , Maybe we could give him to north
Delist - Jack Riewoldt - 2 Knee's problems in 2 games, Over 30 and over rated with media commitments getting to his head
Delist - Grigg - Finished and injuries will never let him play again
Delist - Houli - Way too old and has political interests that get in his way
Delist - Edwards - Soon as the captaincy is taken off him he goes to s**t , way too many turnovers

Thoughts on this now?

Back