Prediction Who's likely to be delisted/ traded?

Who's likely to be delisted or traded at the end of 2019?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on this now?

The same as when I wrote it

He’s playing great footy now but still the best move for him personally would be at a different club as much as I would like to keep him

I don’t understand why you think that going to another club would be best for him?

He’s still probably behind a lot of other players in the pecking order and if he does lose the confidence that he’s playing with atm he will be back in the vfl
Also he would potentially make a lot more money elsewhere

megatiger

Cancelled
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
He’s still probably behind a lot of other players in the pecking order and if he does lose the confidence that he’s playing with atm he will be back in the vfl
Also he would potentially make a lot more money elsewhere

Disagree, think he’s easily in the top half of our best 22 and the only reason he goes is for the big $, significantly bigger $.

Who do you think is ahead in the pecking order?

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Ellis has been great recently but he needs to do it against a good side. I still fear he will turn to water under pressure. I hope not though.

Oct 20, 2007
Cranbourne, Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
I think we will let Ellis go as a FA, just for the salary cap relief. Grigg pushed into retirement for the same reason. Houli stays 1 more year as his form warrants it. Towner & Markov delisted, as they won't draw interest, but Butler traded, we will get no more than a 3rd rounder. There might be 1 more let go for salary relief.

Still too early for this thread, but the sad reality is that at least four Tigers will leave at the end of the year.

If I had to guess now, I'd say Grigg retires, Brando gets a FA offer and takes it, Menadue gets shopped around and Miller gets delisted. But I'd love to be wrong.

partycorolla

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Black Rock
AFL Club
Richmond
Far too early for this type of thread. However based on what we have seen so far this year and on the last 2 years I would predict:

Delisted:
Townsend - possibly re-rookied but I doubt it
One of Markov/Menadue
Chol - doubt he'll make it now
Egg Smith (is he even on the list?)

Traded
Butler/Bolton (only to WA)

Others
Assuming Grigg comes back from injury he'll probably go for one more year. A fit Grigg will play on a wing in front of Macca and BEllis.
Doubt BEllis will leave on FA unless he isn't in the senior team come finals time (assuming we make it).
Houli gets one more based on current form
Soldo - only stays due to lack of ruck back up. If CCJ comes on in leaps and bounds, he is in danger.
Weller - would want to get more game time in 2019 or could make way to free up a spot.

Sep 7, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
SMFC
Still too early for this thread, but the sad reality is that at least four Tigers will leave at the end of the year.

If I had to guess now, I'd say Grigg retires, Brando gets a FA offer and takes it, Menadue gets shopped around and Miller gets delisted. But I'd love to be wrong.
With Brando I think he'll stay if he can keep these good performances coming and become more consistent. If he can keep having games where he's getting 6-8 tackles then Dimma will find it hard to justify letting him go. The thing with him is he always puts in 110% and I think Dimma really values his effort.

megatiger

Cancelled
Mar 9, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
for other, I think Garthwaite might volunteer for opportunity elsewhere

Moore also, either have not been given real opportunity even in times of need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
Menadue
Markov
Chol
Townsend
Miller
Weller
Grigg

Another decent cut. Some of these haven’t come on and we have been guilty in the Fine eyes days of sitting players too long. Clarke seems for more willing to cut deep each year and see what we can find.

I’m coming around to the view that 2 years is plenty for a player to show something and I think it rarely pays off holding them any longer. Only exceptions are Rucks and Kpp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Brando I think he'll stay if he can keep these good performances coming and become more consistent. If he can keep having games where he's getting 6-8 tackles then Dimma will find it hard to justify letting him go. The thing with him is he always puts in 110% and I think Dimma really values his effort.

Brando is definitely not my scapegoat. I really value his effort too and would like to see him stay.

But I don't think he'll get selected if Grigg, Cotch, Riewoldt and Short are all available, and I wouldn't blame him for taking an offer elsewhere over playing VFL at Richmond.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes,he's been dissapointing.Stack has gone past him in one game.
How has Bolton been disappointing. Dominating VFL and has done very well at AFL and pretty well acknowledged by all on here as being very unlucky to be dropped. Young small player with elite football traits takes a couple of years to come on and turning into a midfielder, no surprise there.
Unfair to measure anyone against Stack. He's gone past half the list in 3 games.

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
How has Bolton been disappointing. Dominating VFL and has done very well at AFL and pretty well acknowledged by all on here as being very unlucky to be dropped. Young small player with elite football traits takes a couple of years to come on and turning into a midfielder, no surprise there.
Unfair to measure anyone against Stack. He's gone past half the list in 3 games.
I did write that on April 9 and Bolton wasn't getting a game as first year players were going past him so keep your pants on.

jumpinjimmy

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Traded: Menadue, Butler or George and Short.....remembering that you have to give something to get something back. Menadue is a wingman/halfback and there is a queue ahead of him. 2 of the other 3 are surplus to need, will get a fair price and have others showing more atm.

Delist: Chol, Aarts and Weller (will not make it). Towner may have to be added as well.

Retired: Grigg (thanks for your service)

It also appears that we don’t need: Jack, Cotch or Rance...imagine the collection of picks we would get for them!😉

Last edited:

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Out: Butler, Weller.
Grigg (retirement).
Would be a saving of $800K?
Short must be considered too, but he is a back-up, in case Houli is injured.
The key priority is to develop/recruit a key position intercept defender.

Last edited:
Back