Prediction Who's likely to be delisted/ traded?

Who's likely to be delisted or traded at the end of 2019?

• Total voters
May 28, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man Utd
I hate to say it but Cotch, jack & rance are all reaching the age where the body starts to wear down!
Lids was invincible till about 28-29 but has struggled to get onto the park since.
I hope am wrong but am sure the coaching staff will be aware of this and have plans in place to develop/recruit appropriate replacements.

We need a KPD to replace Rance. Garth should be the one but is not ready yet. or maybe Balta?
I think Cotch's position is well covered with RCD & Ross
who is jr8's replacement? Moore is not ready and may be traded out this year.......

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
We will need to free up 2 spots for Stack and Baker on the senior list plus have at least 3 spots going in the ND

Senior list
Grigg (retired), Butler (traded), Moore (traded or delisted), Ellis (free agency), Markov or Menadue traded.

Rookies
Chol, Weller, Townsend (delist)
Dont forget that you dont have upgrade rookies to play, so we dont actually have to raise players to the main list to avoid this.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Dont forget that you dont have upgrade rookies to play, so we dont actually have to raise players to the main list to avoid this.
I meant for next season. Baker and Stack will have to be offered senior list spots due to their performances.

We've always done this. Since Stephen Jurica. We need to calm down on Syd. Let him be 19 and settle in. Short is ahead of him.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
What’s the thinking behind trading short?
Not that I disagree with the idea but last year the club did a lot of work trying to get him to agree to a new contract
Wouldn’t we have traded him last year and not worked so hard to keep him if he was never in the long term plans of the club
Short gets exposed defensively.
He's the type of player if the right offer came along you'd accept it.We have plenty of cover for his position.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Short gets exposed defensively.
He's the type of player if the right offer came along you'd accept it.We have plenty of cover for his position.
Yes if Short got a good offer to leave it would not put the fear of loss in me as much as say Stack, Rioli, Grimes..

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
We've always done this. Since Stephen Jurica. We need to calm down on Syd. Let him be 19 and settle in. Short is ahead of him.
be interesting to see Stack over the next few weeks. If he can maintain this current level of maturity and good balance of defensive mindset, he will keep Short out of the backline.

Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
I hate to say it but Cotch, jack & rance are all reaching the age where the body starts to wear down!
Lids was invincible till about 28-29 but has struggled to get onto the park since.
I hope am wrong but am sure the coaching staff will be aware of this and have plans in place to develop/recruit appropriate replacements.

We need a KPD to replace Rance. Garth should be the one but is not ready yet. or maybe Ba
I think Cotch's position is well covered with RCD & Ross
who is jr8's replacement? Moore is not ready and may be traded out this year.......
JR's replacement is Lynch. Lynch is doing on the job training now. I think Jack will go around for another few years. Playing more up the field. I think our depth tall fwds and rucks will get zero senior game time. Moore, Chol, CCJ. Garth, when fit will get a game down back. But look at this weeks OUTs JR & DA. INs Shai, & Menadue

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
JR's replacement is Lynch. Lynch is doing on the job training now. I think Jack will go around for another few years. Playing more up the field. I think our depth tall fwds and rucks will get zero senior game time. Moore, Chol, CCJ. Garth, when fit will get a game down back. But look at this weeks OUTs JR & DA. INs Shai, & Menadue
And hopefully on the field rather than off it for crazy speccies!

be interesting to see Stack over the next few weeks. If he can maintain this current level of maturity and good balance of defensive mindset, he will keep Short out of the backline.

Yeah I still think we could use Short, with that lethal kick...Even half forward...He’s out of mind at the moment but he’s done some good work...

footyistherealwinner

Senior List
Oct 2, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
For the love of god please get rid of Nathan Broad.

And get rid of either Butler or Castagna. Get any draft picks for them and I'll be happy.

When this thread started my votes were for:

Menadue
Chol
Moore
Townsend
Weller

I'm still off the belief that they are the 5 that would be the most in danger of being delisted although Connor may just be starting to swing the needle the other way after his performance in WA, but needs to back it up with repeated performances to ensure he gets another contract.

Looking at the others on the out of contract list:

Houli - his choice really, could join Grigg in calling it a day but is still playing some quality footy. A second flag might just be the perfect way to bow out.

Miller - expecting him to be re-signed as we need to continue to develop potential replacements for Rance and Astbury

Ellis - a 50-50 proposition if he wants success he stays, if he wants the same amount of coin he goes.

Butler - looks to be undergoing the Ellis treatment of last year where he has a spell in the 2's to work on some deficiencies before returning. Might be floated at seasons end

Astbury - should re-sign for another 2 years at least.

Egg-Smith - is starting to show real talent at VFL level and could be a longer term option to replace Houli, could be a fascinating pairing with Stack on the other HBF.

Soldo - could be our version of Nank at the Swans, young ruck who gets a crack due to injury but forced out when the number 1 returns. May gain interest from opposition clubs if he holds his own the next 6-8 weeks. With CCJ in the wings we may look to cash in if the deal is right.

Aarts - expect he remains on the rookie list as it's clear they rate him highly

Castagna - expecting him to re-sign for another 2 years

McIntosh - one I'd like to re-sign, but also wouldn't be against him traded back to WA if we were to get something of value in return

Baker - should be elevated to the senior list at seasons end as his performances are becoming quite consistent.

Balta - holding off negotiations is interesting but he is backing it up, should be signed for 2 more years at least

Naish - should get a debut soon and with the form he is showing he'll get another deal without doubt

Bolton - like Balta is holding off negotiations and is starting to put in performances that either get him the pay day he wants or nets us something good on the trade table.

Edwards - expect him to go onto the rolling 1 year deals that Houli/Grigg have been on in recent time. Wouldn't be shocked to see him get 2 years either

Stack - a no brainer to be retained, question is whether it's as a rookie or we put him on the main list. Odds would suggest main list with a 2 year deal. Fingers crossed we don't get a Tim Kelly situation unfold as both WA clubs could look to lure him home with a bigger payday than what we can do.

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
I thought Moore was showing a bit a couple of years ago, has he just not improved / developed?

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

Menadue
Chol
Moore
Townsend
Weller

I'm still off the belief that they are the 5 that would be the most in danger of being delisted although Connor may just be starting to swing the needle the other way after his performance in WA, but needs to back it up with repeated performances to ensure he gets another contract.

Houli - his choice really, could join Grigg in calling it a day but is still playing some quality footy. A second flag might just be the perfect way to bow out.

Miller - expecting him to be re-signed as we need to continue to develop potential replacements for Rance and Astbury

Ellis - a 50-50 proposition if he wants success he stays, if he wants the same amount of coin he goes.

Butler - looks to be undergoing the Ellis treatment of last year where he has a spell in the 2's to work on some deficiencies before returning. Might be floated at seasons end

Astbury - should re-sign for another 2 years at least.

Egg-Smith - is starting to show real talent at VFL level and could be a longer term option to replace Houli, could be a fascinating pairing with Stack on the other HBF.

Soldo - could be our version of Nank at the Swans, young ruck who gets a crack due to injury but forced out when the number 1 returns. May gain interest from opposition clubs if he holds his own the next 6-8 weeks. With CCJ in the wings we may look to cash in if the deal is right.

Aarts - expect he remains on the rookie list as it's clear they rate him highly

McIntosh - one I'd like to re-sign, but also wouldn't be against him traded back to WA if we were to get something of value in return

Baker - should be elevated to the senior list at seasons end as his performances are becoming quite consistent.

Balta - holding off negotiations is interesting but he is backing it up, should be signed for 2 more years at least

Naish - should get a debut soon and with the form he is showing he'll get another deal without doubt

Bolton - like Balta is holding off negotiations and is starting to put in performances that either get him the pay day he wants or nets us something good on the trade table.

Edwards - expect him to go onto the rolling 1 year deals that Houli/Grigg have been on in recent time. Wouldn't be shocked to see him get 2 years either

Stack - a no brainer to be retained, question is whether it's as a rookie or we put him on the main list. Odds would suggest main list with a 2 year deal. Fingers crossed we don't get a Tim Kelly situation unfold as both WA clubs could look to lure him home with a bigger payday than what we can do.
Agree apart from McIntosh and Stack.McIntosh is a required player and Stack goes straight on the senior list for a 3 year contract.He can do it all and plays like a veteren already.He was easily a top 5 draft pick.

Tygrys

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2009
Dallas, Texas
AFL Club
Richmond

Menadue
Chol
Moore
Townsend
Weller

Houli - could be a forced retirement. He is playing well but with so many kids coming through the club all needing an opportunity they might tap him on the shoulder. If he stays he'd probably be told that chances are he'll be playing a fair bit of reserve time next year. He might not like that and pull the pin.

Castagna - played well last week but if the list is fit he is not a first 22 player. Of course he is valuable depth and may stay and back himself. But if the club has a honest conversation about where he stands in the pecking order and an offer comes in from elsewhere he may be tempted to run with it.

Stack - gets a contract on the main list or we loose him (be amazed if they aren't negotiating already). 17 other clubs would be knocking on his door if we tried to re-rookie him.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
first off the plank is weller
ellis to leave via free agency and lord grigg obviously retired, that’s the min 3 senior list changes, + try and trade butts

rookies chol, moore and lord towner thy time is done
This will be close to the scenario. And we'll see if Menadue can keep his spot in the side. I hope so.

Back