Prediction Who's likely to be delisted/ traded?

Who's likely to be delisted or traded at the end of 2019?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tygrys

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2009
Dallas, Texas
AFL Club
Richmond
Why would people be saying Townsend’s time is up?

Because our bottom six is much much stronger than what it was when he had his dream run. Plus with our horrific injury list, if you are not a junior and you can’t get a call up chances are you never will. With so many exciting kids coming through list management at the end of the year will be ruthless. I would be amazed if Townsend survives

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
My calls are never popular but thats what i believe and its not because i dont rate some players but more that we have depth in an area or can do without them and the club will be in a better position going foward.

Ellis - Leaves as a free agent and we get a band 2 compo and TPP relief
Grigg - Retired cap relief and have adequate players already to replace
Houli - same as grigg (i love the bloke and know him personally but he has bigger fish to fry outside of football)
Astbury - This will be the unpopular choice but with Garth now showing he is just as capable and Dave getting near 30 time to replace and take the TPP saving
Townsend - Maybe keep as a rookie but wouldnt be worried if gone
Weller - Should never have drafted
Butler - If a 2nd rounder is available take it otherwise keep

Moore - delist and rookie list
Chol - Keep on rookie list

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
My calls are never popular but thats what i believe and its not because i dont rate some players but more that we have depth in an area or can do without them and the club will be in a better position going foward.

Houli - same as grigg (i love the bloke and know him personally but he has bigger fish to fry outside of football)
Astbury - This will be the unpopular choice but with Garth now showing he is just as capable and Dave getting near 30 time to replace and take the TPP saving

Astbury. Dreaming. Others you have a case. I's keep ellis and * Butler off

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Have a feeling there will only be one list spot between Menadue and Markov. Menadue inching ahead atm.

Oct 11, 2003
somewhere in the jungle something is lurking
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
tigers

I nearly swallowed my felafel I one- kidding about Astbury and houli you will find will go around one more time only

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Ha who go u think wants astb for that? He’d be lucky to get a one year deal with us for 350

I think Astbury is a lot more valuable than is obvious watching games casually. Probably getting to the one year deal stage of his career but would be surprised he is not on well over $400k. One thing I notice is other players around him play better when he is there, and this makes him a valuable commodity and the club will know that. Agree though he is highly unlikely to attract any $750k type offers especially for 3 years. You would love to know what these guys are on to get an idea of how highly valued they are internally, but at 29 heading into next season a one or two year deal on $450-500k seems around the mark to me.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
The performances,so far, by young players Stack, Baker, Bolton, Ross, Balta & Garth means we have good depth. And will need appropriate wage increases soon. In the case of Bolton he will get interest from WA I'm sure. For me Vlas re signing was important. Lynch and Dusty taking a big chunk of the cap is annoying. The others out of contract. Ellis, (don't match other offers) Grigg, Houli, (1 more year) Astbury, (1 year contracts from now?) Townsend, Weller, Butler, (let these 3 go) Menadue, keep if he keeps his spot, Moore, Chol Kmac, Egg (keep Kmac & Egg) Sheds, George, (keep). Maybe let Miller go. Resign Soldo, Stack, Naish, Baker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 31, 2011
Premiership nirvana
AFL Club
Richmond
The performances,so far, by young players Stack, Baker, Bolton, Ross, Balta & Garth means we have good depth. And will need appropriate wage increases soon. In the case of Bolton he will get interest from WA I'm sure. For me Vlas re signing was important. Lynch and Dusty taking a big chunk of the cap is annoying. The others out of contract. Ellis, (don't match other offers) Grigg, Houli, (1 more year) Astbury, (1 year contracts from now?) Townsend, Weller, Butler, (let these 3 go) Menadue, keep if he keeps his spot, Moore, Chol Kmac, Egg (keep Kmac & Egg) Sheds, George, (keep). Maybe let Miller go. Resign Soldo, Stack, Naish, Baker

Agree, with your outs and re-signings
I would definitely keep Astbury...he is solid and a vital cog in our defence

Move on
Markov
Towner
Ellis
Weller
Butler
Moore
Chol
Grigg

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond

Move on
Markov
Towner
Ellis
Weller
Butler
Moore
Chol
Grigg
Im not sure Markov would get any club's interest (except Frankston!!). He's contracted, so I think he stays as our 'depth'.

ivansarmy

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Early days but how I see it playing out at this stage
Keep
Stack
Bolton
Balta
Edwards
Astbury
Mcintosh
Naish
Castagna
Baker

Trade and free agency
Ellis (Let go if we get adequate compensation and it frees up money, if he is prepared to stay for less money I am happy to keep. Been a loyal and popular clubman)
Butler- too many in front of him but is too good to delist for nothing, will be interest.
Moore- release for a later pick so he can get more opportunity like we did with Stengle etc.

Delisted off the main list
Grigg

50/50
Menadue
Soldo
Miller
Chol

Delisted off rookie list
Weller
Townsend
Both are good depth but aren’t going to get a look in at AFL level

What we will bring in
A reasonably strong draft haul as we havent sold the farm trading out picks and probably compensation for Ellis. Also having Gold Coasts third is a little bonus. Only trades I can see happening are for a young big bodied mid that’s won’t cost too much money e.g Bonar or Brodie type. I think our list has all other areas covered so would just like to draft for best available talent.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Early days but how I see it playing out at this stage
Keep
Stack
Bolton
Balta
Edwards
Astbury
Mcintosh
Naish
Castagna
Baker

Trade and free agency
Ellis (Let go if we get adequate compensation and it frees up money, if he is prepared to stay for less money I am happy to keep. Been a loyal and popular clubman)
Butler- too many in front of him but is too good to delist for nothing, will be interest.
Moore- release for a later pick so he can get more opportunity like we did with Stengle etc.

Delisted off the main list
Grigg

50/50
Menadue
Soldo
Miller
Chol

Delisted off rookie list
Weller
Townsend
Both are good depth but aren’t going to get a look in at AFL level

What we will bring in
A reasonably strong draft haul as we havent sold the farm trading out picks and probably compensation for Ellis. Also having Gold Coasts third is a little bonus. Only trades I can see happening are for a young big bodied mid that’s won’t cost too much money e.g Bonar or Brodie type. I think our list has all other areas covered so would just like to draft for best available talent.
Soldos efforts over the next 8 weeks will be make or break as far as getting an extension.

50/50 is exactly where he’s at. If he falls short of AFL standard then definitely should be looking at other options even with CJs development

Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Soldos efforts over the next 8 weeks will be make or break as far as getting an extension.

50/50 is exactly where he’s at. If he falls short of AFL standard then definitely should be looking at other options even with CJs development
8 weeks is ample for Soldo to show his wares at AFL level.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Soldo has had ample time on the list to develop, its now or never.

Gone are the days keeping a player on the list hoping he will develop (aka Todd Elton).
Our depth rucks get so little senior game time. How can you fully develop if selectors won't pick you for a year and a half.

Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers

Move on
Markov
Towner
Ellis
Weller
Butler
Moore
Chol
Grigg
After the weekend things don't change much. Astbury and Ellis are very good players. Its just going to be a matter of length of contract for Dave & money offers from Ellis. And watching the rucks in the VFL match. Chol & CJ will benefit the extra resposibility from Ivvy in the AFL.

dustysnecktattoo

Club Legend
May 15, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Get someone to replace grigg in mid season draft, retain every player as is, trade this years picks for picks next year, can be done?

Back