Prediction Who's likely to be delisted?

Which players are facing the chop at the end of the year.

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know how the rookie lists work I know they have a amount of years that they can be rookies for before they need to be either delisted or elevated to the sr list

I think Chol and Moore would be getting close to a decision being made? But I’m not 100% sure if it’s this season or not

Both are in their 3rd year and unless the rules have changed, they need to be upgraded to main list or delisted come end of season

Great! Turbulence ahead.

Here I was thinking I could enjoy the spoils of being the greatest team in the AFL.

No reason why you can't do that. I'm doing it as I type. Thing is that nothing stays the same for long and while it's good to bask in the moment, it's also worthwhile staying aware of the possibility of change that may not necessarily be for the better. I don't know whether you're a fan of Michael Ondaatje but he makes this point strongly in his latest book "Warlight". One of his central characters advises the young children in his care to always be prepared for dark and difficult times because when they come, and they definitely will, they will be best positioned to work through them. As for Richmond's current situation, we are in the best shape since the Hafey days of the 1960s and 70s. A bit of objective hard nosed forward planning should keep us there for a very long time to come.

Both are in their 3rd year and unless the rules have changed, they need to be upgraded to main list or delisted come end of season

Interesting
Do you know if they are able to be traded as rookies (I’m not suggesting it but I’ve noticed a few people saying we should trade Moore)

Personally I think both players deserve a spot on the sr list as both have shown great signs it will be interesting if chol’s injury effects any of this

Then we need to maybe delist a couple more.
Also depends if they abolish the rookie list or not. I got no idea how it will all unfold but we may have some players that have been stuck in the VFL requesting trades for better opportunity elsewhere, this could be our chance to get some extra picks in the Draft.

This is what is what I would do.

If Prestia gets traded keep Miles otherwise trade Miles. Prestia is just expensive for the cap, maybe revisit terms.

Trade Lloyd if possible

Townsend keep, he just offers something unique which really suits our forward line at times. I like his attitude and he should be a good leader about the place.

Menadue and Markov along with C Ellis keep as they are hopefully the future.

Trade Houli possibly depending on cap situation and who we get in.

Grigg depends on situation cap like Houli

Drummond delist, where rookie is offered who knows

Hampson delist, Griffiths departed

Bolton not sure but if wants to stick around the potential is there, if he wants to go trade.

Now depending one who want and do get in others( not the farm) could be traded out as well.

A lot of the others would be getting close to minimum anyway so keep if they are happy and does not push our cap.

Conca and Short definite keepers, B Ellis is good for club soul and I would keep him to.
Trade Prestia??? Huh???

Mrs Hampson says no way!...
images
images
images

Grigg and Houli will still only be 30 before the season starts. Both have good footy left in them at that age, but I understand the need for forward planning so maybe best to offload one. My choice would be Grigg. I just think Houli offers more, and would be a great man to have around the club.

Miles and Lloyd are our nearly men. I can see them both not at the club next year. They'll be a year older and wil be "down and goers" compared to our "up and comers", who will also be a year older and hopefully pushing for senior selection.

I agree with some people's thinking re: Bolton. He loves the flashy stuff but doesn't seem to want to get his hands dirty. If WC or the Dockers come knocking then see what they have to offer. I'd rather he fail there after we've got some return for him, and if he kicks on I'm not sure he'll be a star.

Menadue and CEllis just have not shown enough across the fours seasons they have been on the list. (Mixed bag from 2014 trade and draft period - Menadue, CEllis, Drummond, McKenzie, Arnot and Taylor Hunt offset by Short, Castagna, Lambert and Butler with Soldo still in the mix and Miles filling a need for a time).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt his attitude has held him back. As a young player he probably never needed to do the hard stuff like repeated efforts/tackling and chasing because he was so mercurial. Dose of reality in the real world. But that can easily be fixed, might take a few seasons which is necessary anyway due to his lean build. Get some kg's, another preseason, and a reality check and hopefully it clicks. It's up to him, but his game on the weekend was an improvement in some areas, tackling/contested possessions. No hurry.

Yep, no hurry. Not sure if attitude is the easiest thing to change or the hardest... Hopefully, it's easy for Bolton.

He was better on the weekend, especially in the first quarter. Played a bit more through the midfield. Still went missing for stretches. Maybe wing is his go? Get him to spend a pre-season running with Lambert and BEllis and see if he has the endurance to get up the ground a bit.

Problem for Bolton is that not only has he a trio of smalls well ahead of him in our AFL side but he now has Stengle snapping at his heels (some would even say slightly ahead) after arguably being some distance behind him at the start of the season.

Tres amigos plus Higgins plus Stengle and maybe now Baker. It's a long queue.

Still don't see why people want to delist about 6 - 10 players. Are we in a crisis I don't know about??

We will lose 2 guys anyway. And I suspect Miles and Lloyd are goneski to greener pastures. Might have to make a decision on another player. I'd keep the marginal guys for 2019. That gives us depth, another year of development and players we can delist in 2019.

This year ain't no super draft for depth. So about 4 changes sounds OK.

Cracked me up the 12 who said Grigg
Likewise , I like Grigg alot as a player.Hardwick has said he's the smartest football brain at the club. That handball to Lambert in the GF was brilliant play under pressure and he's a reliable kick for goal.I think he definitely stays on another year.

Likewise , I like Grigg alot as a player.Hardwick has said he's the smartest football brain at the club. That handball to Lambert in the GF was brilliant play under pressure and he's a reliable kick for goal.I think he definitely stays on another year.

2 weeks ago game high of 15 contested possessions, and last week in our biggest and best game of the year he was the only Tiger to make the AFL team of the week. Apparenty according to some he's to old, slowing down and ready to take up super rules.

Having a lot of small forwards means we can afford to lose one, even benefit from the trade if we do so, which leads to the rumours of him wanting to 'go home' not being so much fought against as embraced.

Ask yourself, who do you see him forcing out of the current team?
Some of our small forwards may become midfielders... Rioli and Higgins for instance. Stengle & Baker are unproven, and will be given time. Really, we should be doing everything possible to hang on to Bolton

Why would you delist Houli and Grigg, 2 of our most experienced players, when we are in a prime position to challenge for premierships in the next 2-3 years? There are no obvious better replacements right now, and they add a ton on game day. Remember Houli was BOG in the grand final? Grigg was pivotal throughout the finals. If we were rebuilding, I would agree on turning them over; but right now we should be looking to play our most skilled and experienced players while we rule the roost.

Back