Who's next on the chopping block?

Remove this Banner Ad

If the club is serious Gibson would be out the door. A defensively terrible, turnover merchant playing a key role in midfield. The side already struggles with disposal, having a poorly skilled outside player doesnt help anything.

Draw up a list of the 5 worst kicks at the club, list all their positive attributes, then chop them.
Rrrrrrruthlessss!
And don't draft any bastard that can't kick. That will help.

Draw up a list of the 5 worst kicks at the club, list all their positive attributes, then chop them.
Rrrrrrruthlessss!
And don't draft any bastard that can't kick. That will help.
The reality is though that we have a midfield which in terms of the whole is sub AFL standard. This despite the clear and obvious fact highlighted by Hawthorn's success and the performances of other sides that current era success and dominance of opposition is not possible in the absence of a midfield which hits targets and limits turnovers. We just have too many players who either lack reliable and accurate footskills and can consistently hit targets or guys who have shown an inability to make strategic high percentage decisions with the ball.

Boomer is by far and away our best in this category, one which Scott doesn't value when drafting players or selecting sides. We hear after losses his comments about minor things to chang blah blah blah but he never addresses the glaring issue in the short or long term.

Any North fan who disputes the above is watching the side play with one hand too deeply inserted in their trouser pocket. This has been an issue for so long as well. We don't draft the right players to Achieve the balance and we pick turnover merchants who only further emphasise our deficiency.

Nahas and Ray are both just rookies. Do people understand that? The stupid incessant ranting that goes on here about them is senseless. I expect they will get delisted. However, I for one, have the utmost respect for Robbie and the fact that he's given his heart and soul to the club. Ray didn't get much of a chance due to his injuries. I don't begrudge him his spot because he was on the rookie list.
I loved Farren's first goal for the club FWIW

If the club is serious Gibson would be out the door. A defensively terrible, turnover merchant playing a key role in midfield. The side already struggles with disposal, having a poorly skilled outside player doesnt help anything.

Tbh i thought he's been much better this year.......previous years, hell yeah. For mine he become one of our more reliable kicking for goal.

Tbh i thought he's been much better this year.......previous years, hell yeah. For mine he become one of our more reliable kicking for goal.
Agree re: kicking for goal. Think the biggest issue with his kicking is the lack of depth control he has which is obviously why kicking for goal isn't an issue.

Its not only gibsons abhorrent skills -->clangers but his defensive efforts. His tackling efforts of ability to keep his feet are JUST as costly as his lack oc afl standarf skill set (both hand and foot).

Yes his goal kicking (more directed against his set shot kicking)and runninv ability is on of above afl standard but his skills and defensive efforts are a liability.
Perhapd he could play more as a high half fwd flank?? Though with our coach we'd nevere know.
As it stands and what we do know what benefit does gibson provide to being on the list?

You have to wonder about this so called reset associated to next 5 yr vision jb spoke about...

For if we dont consider ourselves a chance in the next 2 years, why hold (a list spot anx the $ to keep) onto wells and waite??

Gone: Harvey, Petrie, Firrito, Dal Santo

Please add: Ray, Nahas, McKenzie,

Others mentioned in the mix for trade or delist: Tippett, Hansen, Gibson, Black, Mullett

Tippett - Limited opportunities 7 games in 3 years and Hansen being chosen to play ahead of him when Thompson went down means he's lower in the pecking order than Hansen as a backman. No trade value. I say delist.

Hansen - His ability to play forward and back and the delisting of Petrie means that we need to keep him for insurance. Limited trade value to a team in the premiership window, very best we could hope for in a trade is a fringe player or third round pick. I say keep him.

Gibson - Ideally a younger more skillful player would have pushed him out by now but we don't have any developed enough to take his spot probably safe for another year. I say keep.............just

Black - Black and NMFC have fallen out of love with each other the discussion about his form and tenure in the team was identical this time last year. No games this year and 3 in 2015. Still contracted. I'm just guessing but I think after minimal opportunities and poor form over the past 2 seasons there's a chance Black would be willing to rip up his contract for a fresh start best we could hope for in return for cutting him free is salary cap space and a fringe player or third round pick. I say 50/50.

Mullett - Contracted. Injuries to others have kept him in the side this year still young at 24so fingers crossed he can return to the pre tattoo form of 2014 hos form has dropped away dramatically since he got that crappy forearm tattoo. Best we could hope for is a fringe player or third round pick therefore I say keep.

Trade tid bits - Don't trade with Hawthorn under any circumstances we get bent over every time.......yes every time. The Hawks v NMFC trade topic deserves a permanent sticky thread all of it own. Jaeger O'Meara what a talent but simply put it's too much of a risk at this stage of our rebuild he hasn't touched a footy in two years and we are about to embark on year 1 of what the President calls a 5 year reset if things were going well and we were in year 3 of a 5 year rebuild I think we should consider it but it's too much of a risk. Did anyone else hear Andy Maher on SEN this afternoon mention that O'Meara had been consulting with the NMFC medical staff throughout the year? I assumed he mixed O'Meara up with David Swallow who has widely been reported as doing same. I listened for an hour or so after the comment was made and expected Maher to correct himself but he didn't anyone else hear this? Was it an uncorrected mix up or has O'Meara been seen by our Doctors?

Gibson - Ideally a younger more skillful player would have pushed him out by now but we don't have any developed enough to take his spot

Agree with much of your post but in regards to the above.. how would we know? Noone is given a chance.. hell, it took dsl santo to put his hand up for clarke to get a chance 16 weeks into thd season.

I think givson should go.. but more so i think scott should go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to see more game time into EVW, Nielson, McKay/Durdin, Mountford, Hibberd, Wagner, and Turner. The 4 players delisted and Nahas, Ray, and one or two more will allow for that.
All the critics of not playing younger players, I hope youre rewarded for 12 months. Time will tell.

Why not redraft that Harvey boy and put him on the Rookie list?

We wouldn't have to re-draft him. He becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Hear me out here:

Maybe we've done this because we have intel that we'll get both Jaeger Bomb and Peristalsis (Swallow Jnr). If one of them doesn't come to fruition, Boomer can choose what club he comes to. He chooses NMFC and we profit.

Wonder what the rules are about a delisted free agent nominating the side he was delisted by...

220px-King_Charles_I_after_original_by_van_Dyck.jpg

Nahas and Ray are both just rookies. Do people understand that? The stupid incessant ranting that goes on here about them is senseless. I expect they will get delisted. However, I for one, have the utmost respect for Robbie and the fact that he's given his heart and soul to the club. Ray didn't get much of a chance due to his injuries. I don't begrudge him his spot because he was on the rookie list.
I think you've missed the boat there Caracas. I think the good folk of NM BF are more annoyed these guys got games ahead of our younger players. Clarke, Wagner, Frogger etc. needed to be played before Nahas and Ray. That's official.

I think you've missed the boat there Caracas. I think the good folk of NM BF are more annoyed these guys got games ahead of our younger players. Clarke, Wagner, Frogger etc. needed to be played before Nahas and Ray. That's official.
That I could handle, AC. However, the bit I don't get is the hate that is being heaped on them directly. I have never heard Nahas or Ray demand that they play, have you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back