Who's next?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully both play a draw, cup split down the middle and Richmond takes it's rightful place as the most awfully run club.

Seriously the only club who has not been able to contend in the age of salary caps and equalisition

I'd have said both teams are miles off competing for a flag until watching this years final series.

That's a fair point. The Dogs just clicked this last month.

Could happen to any youthful team, really. Both would probably need some finals experience first, of course.

Hopefully both play a draw, cup split down the middle and Richmond takes it's rightful place as the most awfully run club.

Seriously the only club who has not been able to contend in the age of salary caps and equalisition

Brisbane is the worst run club. A complete and utter failure both before and after the salary cap concessions. Millions in debt and an absolute rabble on field. 17th and have beaten Richmond once is 12 years.

That's a fair point. The Dogs just clicked this last month.
Not just that but the game has changed from recent seasons.

Quick ball movement and manic pressure is winning out over teams that like to control possession. Remains to be seen if this trend continues but I reckon teams will change as a result of the Bulldogs style. Clarkson hinted as much after the Hawks were bundled out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna be us for sure, we were gonna win this year to celebrate 50 years but thought we would let the Hawks chase record breaking history :p

Nice one Hawks :mad:

Brisbane is the worst run club. A complete and utter failure both before and after the salary cap concessions. Millions in debt and an absolute rabble on field. 17th and have beaten Richmond once is 12 years.

Yep we've been s**t for a while but......

The last 12 seasons in finals wins;

Brisbane 1
Richmond 0

Good thread, I want to say Dee's but I'd like to see them play just under Goodwin first. Saint's are heading in the right direction too, just think the Dee's might peak at the right time.

As to who's favorite for 2017, Swans and GWS you'd think.

Dogs, GWS, Melbourne, StK & Sydney will be in the next load of GFs. Hawks will have another swing next year and if the Suns trade well they could be amongst it in 2018-2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back