Opinion Whos on your shortlist at pick 20? (POLL)

Whos on your shortlist at pick 20? (3 Selections)

• Johnson

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Draper

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Sonsie

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • Goater

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Butler

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Wilmot

Votes: 57 50.4%
  • Motlop

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Van Rooyen

Votes: 57 50.4%
  • Chesser

Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Brown

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Taylor

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Roberts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Howes

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Bazzo

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clarke

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • MacDonald

• Knevitt

• Other

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Incredibly hard to pick 3, let alone 1. I'm so intrigued as to who we take at Pick 20. I've come to the view that it is going to be 100% best available, rather then positional.

The 3 I went with are Wilmot, JVR & Taylor.

The smoky is Chesser if he's available.

If you look at our recruiting team - Clayton loves outside class runners. Luff loves clean one touch players that can use it well. Rawlings loves versatile players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely open minded on the player we get at pick #20.

In terms of player type the only one that I'd probably feel flat about be a pure ruckman a la Conway. Nothing wrong with him (the chosen ruckman might even be worth it at that pick) but I'm talking purely from shiny toy wank value.

In all other areas I can see the merits in getting anything really.

An inside mid, small forward, KPP (either end), mid-forward, HBF even a circa 190cm pure defender with strong selling points wouldn't go astray.

I'm still on the mindset we're not overstocked in any area except perhaps in speculative rucks (hence above) so would be happy to grab quality in any other area at #20.

People might query getting a slower mid like Roberts at #20 (I've joked about it previously) but Ben Cunninton will eventually leave a HUUUUUGE hole in our side. Another bull to anchor the midfield and allow LDU, TT, JHF and even Powell and Phillips to wander more wouldn't hurt.

Completely open minded on the player we get at pick #20.

In terms of player type the only one that I'd probably feel flat about be a pure ruckman a la Conway. Nothing wrong with him (the chosen ruckman might even be worth it at that pick) but I'm talking purely from shiny toy wank value.

In all other areas I can see the merits in getting anything really.

An inside mid, small forward, KPP (either end), mid-forward, HBF even a circa 190cm pure defender with strong selling points wouldn't go astray.

I'm still on the mindset we're not overstocked in any area except perhaps in speculative rucks (hence above) so would be happy to grab quality in any other area at #20.

People might query getting a slower mid like Roberts at #20 (I've joked about it previously) but Ben Cunninton will eventually leave a HUUUUUGE hole in our side. Another bull to anchor the midfield and allow LDU, TT, JHF and even Powell and Phillips to wander more wouldn't hurt.
stop being so ******* negative

I think Taylor would be very high on our list. Just ticks a lot of the boxes of the type of players we want.

Disposal, Pace, Agility, Clean, One-Touch, Versatility.

I think its clear that we need to address ball use off the half back line, and one of Taylor, Brown or Wilmot might just be the go at 20.

Back