Opinion Whos on your shortlist at pick 20? (POLL)

Whos on your shortlist at pick 20? (3 Selections)

• Johnson

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Draper

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Sonsie

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • Goater

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Butler

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Wilmot

Votes: 57 50.4%
  • Motlop

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Van Rooyen

Votes: 57 50.4%
  • Chesser

Votes: 36 31.9%
  • Brown

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Taylor

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Roberts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Howes

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Bazzo

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clarke

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • MacDonald

• Knevitt

• Other

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Other highlights of that heady day..

Rod Crowe explaining he was suddenly told "pack up, Richmond want you".

In the end they changed their mind and Rod's AFL career was done.

A few us quizzing Teaguey (who earnt great cred for rocking up after being traded) about Lawrence Angwin which brought on Teague's recount of leaving his wallet somewhere and Angwin showing great restraint by not pinching it.

View attachment 1284892

It was also the day Twinkletoes became my bodyguard.

I reckon being told to "pack up, Richmond want you" would be a lot more enticing to a player now than back in 2003/4

Other highlights of that heady day..

Rod Crowe explaining he was suddenly told "pack up, Richmond want you".

In the end they changed their mind and Rod's AFL career was done.

A few us quizzing Teaguey (who earnt great cred for rocking up after being traded) about Lawrence Angwin which brought on Teague's recount of leaving his wallet somewhere and Angwin showing great restraint by not pinching it.

View attachment 1284892

It was also the day Twinkletoes became my bodyguard.
Now that’s a story I need to hear more about!

Goater/Sonsie/Butler/Bazzo/Johnson

Any of the above 5

No Motlop? I'm more goater or mot. It's whether we are going for best on there or need. Goater bazzo mot are more need and sonsie butler and Johnson are more best. Given two are mids and one a med fwd

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Freo Pick - Johnson

Very Happy - Goater, Butler, Taylor

Happy - Sonsie, Bazzo, Draper

Unhappy - Anyone else

Will Freo pick Johnson given already grabbed a mid.... yes lost cerra so maybe. Or will they take Motlop so then have tall mid and small

You then will be unhappy if we pick Motlop

Will Freo pick Johnson given already grabbed a mid.... yes lost cerra so maybe. Or will they take Motlop so then have tall mid and small

You then will be unhappy if we pick Motlop

I think most will be unhappy with motlop at 20 anyway.
There are gun players still available that were top 20 picks.

I was sat next to Laidley at a breakfast function back in 2003, and we had a long conversation on the subject of Shannon Motlop.

I asked as to why Shannon wasn't getting a game. Laidley was very open about the fact it was Shannon's football awareness holding him back. Teams were literally running interchanges through his opponent knowing that they'd running loose and cause maximum damage.

On a side note, Laids also told me to keep an eye on Firrito and Ash Watson as they'd both be 200 gamers. Not sure when Ash will get there, but I am looking forward to it....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
I was sat next to Laidley at a breakfast function back in 2003, and we had a long conversation on the subject of Shannon Motlop.

I asked as to why Shannon wasn't getting a game. Laidley was very open about the fact it was Shannon's football awareness holding him back. Teams were literally running interchanges through his opponent knowing that they'd running loose and cause maximum damage.

On a side note, Laids also told me to keep an eye on Firrito and Ash Watson as they'd both be 200 gamers. Not sure when Ash will get there, but I am looking forward to it....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
[/QU
This is actually spot on but a lot of this story has been left out. There was concussion and Laidley was unaware of it when he dropped Shannon but the club doctors were aware and it hadn’t been considered in the whole process of selection or Laidleys story for that matter. It also meant that he would never play another game for North.

Back